Oct 31, 2014, 10:19 AM EST
Matsuzaka left Japan in 2007 to sign a six-year, $52 million contract with the Red Sox and had immediate success, but dating back to 2009 he’s combined to throw 418 innings with a 5.10 ERA.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Gallardo posted an ERA above 4.00 last season for the first time in his career, but bounced back to throw 192 innings with a 3.51 ERA this year at age 28.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:22 PM EST
Street saved a career-high 41 games this season.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
Overall in two seasons with the Red Sox he threw 139 innings with a 1.75 ERA and 181/17 K/BB ratio.
Oct 30, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Both players are now free agents.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
After a disappointing first season in Washington he bounced back to hit .302 with 31 steals and a .771 OPS, leading the league with 184 hits.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
He’ll play for the minimum salary at age 36.
Oct 30, 2014, 2:34 PM EST
40-man roster housecleaning, mostly.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
New York has not hired a replacement for fired hitting coach Kevin Long yet and they also have an opening at first base coach after letting Mick Kelleher go.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Adams threw 44 innings in two seasons for the Phillies.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
“He’s 20 years old. We think a lot of him and he has a bright future.”
Oct 30, 2014, 11:48 AM EST
Mathis a career .196 hitter and has never topped a .650 OPS in nine seasons as a big leaguer.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
He’s the longest-tenured Royal, but his production has slipped.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:35 AM EST
“Obviously, he definitely would have been one of our starters.”
Oct 29, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
Maddon leaves Tampa Bay for Chicago.
Oct 29, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Ned Yost says: “Bumgarner is a great starting pitcher. We’ll see what kind of reliever he is.”
Oct 29, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Expensive buyouts, too.
Oct 29, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Tim Hudson vs. Jeremy Guthrie.
Oct 29, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Padma Lakshmi thinks everyone should play for the Yankees.
Oct 29, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Cueto was amazing this season, leading the league in strikeouts (242) and innings (244) while posting a 2.25 ERA and holding opponents to a .192 batting average.
Oct 29, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
And they “could have an answer by Friday.”
Oct 29, 2014, 12:49 PM EST
Twins fans may want to look away.
Oct 29, 2014, 12:10 PM EST
Gambling is bad, of course.
Oct 29, 2014, 10:55 AM EST
Arizona’s current contract is up after next season.
Oct 29, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
“Completely unfounded and kind of a shame that someone would write something like that …”
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 16
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 49
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)