Jan 26, 2015, 1:18 PM EST
Mesoraco is arbitration eligible for the first time at age 26 and filed for $3.6 million, while the Reds countered at $2.45 million.
Jan 26, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
“I don’t know if my metabolism is slowing down from getting older or what, but I feel good.”
Jan 23, 2015, 4:46 PM EST
Sogard requested $1.425 million and the A’s countered at $900,000.
Jan 23, 2015, 3:38 PM EST
He hit .285 with 15 steals and a .707 OPS in 41 games for the Twins last season.
Jan 23, 2015, 1:10 PM EST
Fowler requested $10.8 million and the Cubs countered at $8.5 million.
Jan 23, 2015, 11:20 AM EST
Vogelsong has been with the Giants since 2011, turning his career around in San Francisco, and made it very clear as soon as the offseason began that he wanted to re-sign.
Jan 23, 2015, 10:49 AM EST
Papelbon is owed $13 million this season and will be owed $13 million for next season if he totals at least 48 games finished.
Jan 23, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Nathan is under contract for $10 million in 2015.
Jan 22, 2015, 4:30 PM EST
Billingsley hasn’t pitched since April of 2013, but before his elbow gave out he posted a 3.65 ERA in 1,175 career innings.
Jan 22, 2015, 3:45 PM EST
Jesse Crain hasn’t pitched since mid-2013, when the White Sox traded him to the Rays.
Jan 22, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
He spent last season with the Rangers and A’s, being limited to just 24 games while hitting .250 with one homer and a .665 OPS.
Jan 22, 2015, 1:30 PM EST
Rodriguez once looked like a future closer thanks to a triple-digit fastball and lots of strikeouts.
Jan 22, 2015, 11:16 AM EST
Bud Selig’s longtime right-hand man, Rob Manfred, will step into his large shoes as MLB commissioner Sunday, becoming the 10th person to fill that role.
Jan 22, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Seven years, $210 million. Sort of.
Jan 21, 2015, 5:13 PM EST
Johnson split last season between the Yankees, Red Sox, and Orioles.
Jan 21, 2015, 2:44 PM EST
The move to July 1 would be made at least in part to allow players participating in the College World Series to finish their seasons before the draft.
Jan 21, 2015, 12:46 PM EST
Scutaro missed all but 13 games last season and the recovery timetable for his back surgery is expected to be 4-6 months.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
Corporan joins Robinson Chirinos as the Rangers’ in-house catching options.
Jan 21, 2015, 10:48 AM EST
Jan 21, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Last season for the Mets he threw 27 innings with a 2.63 ERA and 27/6 K/BB ratio.
Max Scherzer might bump him from Nationals’ rotation, but Tanner Roark is saying all the right things
Jan 20, 2015, 3:22 PM EST
Roark was fantastic in 2014, throwing 199 innings with a 2.85 ERA to give him a 2.57 ERA in 252 career innings as a big leaguer.
Jan 20, 2015, 1:38 PM EST
Monday the Astros traded center fielder Dexter Fowler to the Cubs.
Jan 20, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
He was cut to make room for the arrival of Jung-ho Kang.
Jan 20, 2015, 10:20 AM EST
Gallardo grew up in Texas and indicated Monday that he’d be open to a long-term deal.
Jan 18, 2015, 12:03 PM EST
Earlier in the offseason Vogelsong made it clear that he wanted to re-sign with the Giants, but San Francisco hasn’t shown much interest in making that happen.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)