Sep 12, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
In his first full season back from Tommy John elbow surgery Duffy has a 2.42 ERA in 141 innings while holding opponents to a .201 batting average.
Sep 11, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
Pretty good reaction from the fan trying to catch a would-be homer, too.
Sep 11, 2014, 4:48 PM EST
At what point does Sale become a very real alternative to Felix Hernandez for the Cy Young award?
Sep 11, 2014, 3:08 PM EST
Cueto’s excellence has gotten somewhat overlooked just because Clayton Kershaw has been so ridiculously amazing for the Dodgers, but the Reds ace now has a 2.15 ERA in a league-leading 222 innings this season.
Sep 11, 2014, 1:43 PM EST
This season the Rays spent $78 million, to rank 26th among 30 teams.
Sep 11, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Aviles experienced nausea and dizziness following a diving catch in the outfield, but passed MLB’s concussion protocol this morning.
Sep 11, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
After a breakout, All-Star season last year Jason Kipnis has struggled this year, hitting just .248 with six homers and a .664 OPS that represents a 150-point drop.
Sep 11, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Lee is under contract for $25 million next season, plus $27.5 million or a $12.5 million buyout for 2016.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“It’s not like I have to go through a program of building it back up.”
Sep 11, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Earlier this week A’s catcher/designated hitter John Jaso was believed to be on the verge of returning from an August concussion, albeit in a limited bench role, but now those plans have been scrapped.
Sep 10, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Healthy or not his role was in question after throwing problems got him benched at third base.
Sep 10, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Dustin Pedroia’s season is over due to a hand/wrist injury and Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that the Red Sox second baseman will undergo surgery Thursday.
Sep 10, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Uehara was more or less duplicating his amazing 2013 season with a 1.27 ERA and 70/7 K/BB ratio in 57 innings through August 15 this year, but since then he’s allowed 10 runs in 4.2 innings for a 19.29 ERA.
Sep 10, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
Daniel Murphy has made all 126 of his starts this season at second base and hasn’t played an inning at third base since 2011.
Sep 10, 2014, 2:49 PM EST
Tonight will be the third straight missed game for Gattis and the Braves have tomorrow off on the schedule.
Sep 10, 2014, 1:43 PM EST
Soria appeared in just six games for the Tigers after they acquired him from the Rangers and was horrible with a 10.38 ERA, but prior to the trade he had a 2.70 ERA and 42/4 K/BB ratio in 33 innings for Texas.
Sep 10, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
The last-place Red Sox have 17 games remaining.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
A’s outfielder Craig Gentry suffered a concussion Tuesday night when he collided with White Sox second baseman Carlos Sanchez while trying to beat out a bunt single.
Sep 10, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
He’s the first player with zero runs and zero RBI in a game with five or more hits since Adam Kennedy in August of 2009.
Sep 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Last season Yusmeiro Petit missed throwing a perfect game by one batter. Last month he set the all-time record for consecutive batters retired with 46. And last night he threw an 84-pitch complete game.
Sep 9, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Pedroia has hit a career-low .278 with seven homers and a career-worst .712 OPS in 135 games after posting an OPS above .780 in each of his first seven full seasons.
Sep 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
Just last week David Wright was saying his season-long shoulder problems finally felt improved and he had a few good games in a row, but now the Mets third baseman is again out of the lineup for tonight’s game.
Sep 9, 2014, 4:10 PM EST
Gardner is having arguably the best season of his career, hitting .269 with a career-high 16 homers and a career-high .784 OPS in 133 games.
Sep 9, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
“That is absolutely something that is on my list.”
Sep 9, 2014, 2:04 PM EST
Surely this will turn things around for the free-falling A’s.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 131
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 64
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)