Jan 13, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Carp hit very well for the Red Sox as a part-timer in 2013.
Jan 12, 2015, 5:38 PM EST
There’s been lots of speculation that the White Sox will trade Dayan Viciedo.
Jan 12, 2015, 1:34 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com says he’ll get $2.15 million following a season in which he threw 146 innings with a 3.45 ERA.
Jan 12, 2015, 11:14 AM EST
Carroll played 12 seasons in the majors for six different teams.
Jan 12, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Andy LaRoche was once considered a top prospect in the Dodgers farm system.
Jan 9, 2015, 1:45 PM EST
“Issues between him and the team going back several years still haven’t been resolved.”
Jan 9, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Toritani, a 33-year-old infielder with more than 1,400 consecutive games played in Japan, hit .313 with modest power and good plate discipline in Japan last season.
Jan 8, 2015, 3:21 PM EST
Danks debuted for the White Sox in 2012 and has logged 386 plate appearances in the majors since then.
Jan 8, 2015, 1:03 PM EST
Matt Wieters’ uncertain health status has the Orioles in search of catching depth.
Jan 8, 2015, 12:15 PM EST
Ankiel “will draw on his vast experience as a player to help mentor Nationals farmhands.”
Jan 8, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
Johnson re-signed with San Diego after giving the Padres zero value on a one-year, $8 million last season.
Jan 8, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Sanchez was non-tendered by the Pirates last month.
Jan 7, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
Pastornicky debuted at age 22 and once looked likely to establish himself as at least a semi-regular.
Jan 7, 2015, 12:51 PM EST
Oakland cut Punto despite owing him $2.75 million for 2015.
Jan 7, 2015, 11:45 AM EST
He’s had an up-and-down career filled with lots of arm problems.
Jan 7, 2015, 11:02 AM EST
Parnell made just one appearance last season before undergoing Tommy John elbow surgery.
Jan 6, 2015, 4:50 PM EST
Tim Hudson underwent surgery to remove bone spurs from his right ankle.
Jan 6, 2015, 4:20 PM EST
Two surgeries in three months for the 57-year-old manager.
Jan 6, 2015, 2:22 PM EST
Randy Johnson leads the way at 97.3%.
Jan 6, 2015, 11:19 AM EST
Gorzelanny missed the first two-and-a-half months of last season recovering from shoulder surgery, but was great upon returning to the Brewers in mid-June with a 0.86 ERA and 23/8 K/BB ratio in 21 innings.
Jan 6, 2015, 10:45 AM EST
Last month Kevin Cash left his gig as the Indians’ bullpen coach to replace Joe Maddon as the Rays’ manager.
Jan 5, 2015, 4:16 PM EST
Boggs was a very effective setup man for the Cardinals from 2009-2012 and even served as their closer briefly
Jan 5, 2015, 3:05 PM EST
“We’re not in the mix.”
Jan 5, 2015, 12:02 PM EST
Harang had an ugly 2013 season, but bounced back nicely at age 36 to throw 204 innings with a 3.57 ERA and 161/71 K/BB ratio for the Braves.
Jan 5, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Bonifacio isn’t much of a hitter, but he’s very fast and can play just about anywhere defensively.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)