Jan 6, 2015, 11:19 AM EST
Gorzelanny missed the first two-and-a-half months of last season recovering from shoulder surgery, but was great upon returning to the Brewers in mid-June with a 0.86 ERA and 23/8 K/BB ratio in 21 innings.
Jan 6, 2015, 10:45 AM EST
Last month Kevin Cash left his gig as the Indians’ bullpen coach to replace Joe Maddon as the Rays’ manager.
Jan 5, 2015, 4:16 PM EST
Boggs was a very effective setup man for the Cardinals from 2009-2012 and even served as their closer briefly
Jan 5, 2015, 3:05 PM EST
“We’re not in the mix.”
Jan 5, 2015, 12:02 PM EST
Harang had an ugly 2013 season, but bounced back nicely at age 36 to throw 204 innings with a 3.57 ERA and 161/71 K/BB ratio for the Braves.
Jan 5, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Bonifacio isn’t much of a hitter, but he’s very fast and can play just about anywhere defensively.
Jan 2, 2015, 9:45 AM EST
He was non-tendered by the Reds last month.
Dec 31, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
He’s a career .272 hitter with a .725 OPS and has fared particularly well versus left-handed pitching.
Dec 31, 2014, 11:37 AM EST
Hundley hit .243 with six homers and a .631 OPS in 83 games overall and has a .680 OPS for his career.
Dec 30, 2014, 11:37 AM EST
Ben Zobrist could be on the move.
Dec 29, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Byrd is owed $8 million in the final year of his contract.
Dec 29, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Rasmus has been a center fielder for his entire career, but could replace Nick Markakis in right field.
Dec 26, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
Uggla hit .179 in 2013 and .149 this year.
Dec 26, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
He threw 64 innings with a 3.96 ERA and 44/16 K/BB ratio for the Giants in 2014.
Dec 24, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Buck Showalter found a way to get value out of Young in a part-time role.
Dec 24, 2014, 11:16 AM EST
Zobrist has been a regular for the Rays since 2008.
Dec 24, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
San Diego has outfielders to spare.
Dec 23, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Minnesota adds a right-handed reliever.
Dec 23, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Claiborne has held his own as a big leaguer with a 3.79 ERA and 58/24 K/BB ratio in 71 career innings through age 26.
Dec 23, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Lavarnway has bounced around the waiver wire this offseason after being let go by the Red Sox.
Dec 23, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Walden’s deal also includes a team option for 2017, which would cover his first year of free agency.
Dec 23, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Former starting third baseman for the Rockies.
Dec 23, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Hannahan is coming off a two-year, $4 million deal with the Reds.
Dec 22, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
“It’s too soon to know if Scutaro will ever take the field again.”
Dec 22, 2014, 2:49 PM EST
Another comeback attempt in San Diego.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 79
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (79)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)