Dec 16, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Some trade candidates include Lonnie Chisenhall of the Indians, Casey McGehee of the Marlins, and Will Middlebrooks of the Red Sox.
Dec 15, 2014, 5:23 PM EST
Anderson was once among the best young left-handers in baseball, but he hasn’t topped 100 innings in a season since 2010.
Dec 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Markakis’ “fusion surgery” carries with it an expected eight-week recovery timetable.
Dec 15, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Atlanta will also have a fifth-year team option built into the contract.
Dec 15, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Germen spent parts of the past two seasons in the Mets’ bullpen, posting a combined 4.31 ERA with 64 strikeouts in 65 innings.
Dec 15, 2014, 1:43 PM EST
Blanks was once a top prospect in the Padres’ farm system.
Dec 15, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Haren is under contract for $10 million in 2015, which the Dodgers essentially paid the Marlins to take whether he retires or not.
Dec 15, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Fujikawa is 34 years old and still needs to prove that he’s fully recovered from Tommy John elbow surgery.
Dec 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“Everyone thinks you just go over to first base and kind of hide him there, but it’s a tough position.”
Dec 15, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Headley is expected to make his decision soon.
Dec 12, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
For now at least he’s holding out for a four-year deal.
Dec 12, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
The 30-year-old former second-round draft pick was non-tendered by the Angels.
Dec 12, 2014, 11:49 AM EST
Hermida re-signed with the Brewers on a minor-league contract just last month.
Dec 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“It’s all good. I’m good with it.”
Dec 12, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Drew had a miserable 2014 season, but his track record is solid.
Dec 11, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
As a starter Detwiler has a 4.02 ERA in 376 career innings through age 29 and the Rangers apparently plan to put him into the rotation full time.
Dec 11, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Last offseason Ervin Santana had so much trouble securing a multi-year contract after turning down a qualifying offer that he settled for a one-year, $14.1 million deal with the Braves.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:50 PM EST
Reynolds hit just .196 in 130 games for the Brewers this year.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:18 PM EST
Morales was awful in 2014 after turning down a qualifying offer.
Dec 11, 2014, 11:49 AM EST
Cincinnati is open for business.
Dec 11, 2014, 11:34 AM EST
Mayberry was traded from the Phillies to the Blue Jays in September and then non-tendered by Toronto last week.
Dec 11, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
Latos will be a free agent next offseason and is coming off an injury wrecked year.
Dec 11, 2014, 10:50 AM EST
“He’s been working hard on his mechanics. He doesn’t cup the ball anymore.”
Dec 11, 2014, 10:18 AM EST
Walker is under team control for 2015 and 2016.
Dec 11, 2014, 9:24 AM EST
He hit .341 in 15 games for Cleveland this year, but then hurt his knee and was later demoted to Triple-A.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 169
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 51
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (169)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)