Jan 21, 2015, 2:44 PM EST
The move to July 1 would be made at least in part to allow players participating in the College World Series to finish their seasons before the draft.
Jan 21, 2015, 12:46 PM EST
Scutaro missed all but 13 games last season and the recovery timetable for his back surgery is expected to be 4-6 months.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
Corporan joins Robinson Chirinos as the Rangers’ in-house catching options.
Jan 21, 2015, 10:48 AM EST
Jan 21, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Last season for the Mets he threw 27 innings with a 2.63 ERA and 27/6 K/BB ratio.
Max Scherzer might bump him from Nationals’ rotation, but Tanner Roark is saying all the right things
Jan 20, 2015, 3:22 PM EST
Roark was fantastic in 2014, throwing 199 innings with a 2.85 ERA to give him a 2.57 ERA in 252 career innings as a big leaguer.
Jan 20, 2015, 1:38 PM EST
Monday the Astros traded center fielder Dexter Fowler to the Cubs.
Jan 20, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
He was cut to make room for the arrival of Jung-ho Kang.
Jan 20, 2015, 10:20 AM EST
Gallardo grew up in Texas and indicated Monday that he’d be open to a long-term deal.
Jan 18, 2015, 12:03 PM EST
Earlier in the offseason Vogelsong made it clear that he wanted to re-sign with the Giants, but San Francisco hasn’t shown much interest in making that happen.
Jan 18, 2015, 10:02 AM EST
Norichika Aoki’s arrival means Blanco is now a backup.
Jan 16, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
Danks can play all three outfield spots and was once regarded as a solid prospect.
Jan 16, 2015, 2:48 PM EST
He’s topped 250 plate appearances for the Blue Jays in each of the past two seasons.
Jan 16, 2015, 1:11 PM EST
Price is 30 healthy starts away from getting $150 million or more (and maybe a lot more) on the open market as a free agent.
Jan 16, 2015, 12:17 PM EST
He’ll take over in left field.
Jan 16, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
One fan base was going to be upset either way.
Jan 16, 2015, 10:10 AM EST
Strasburg was arbitration eligible for the second time after being paid $3.975 million in 2014.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:45 AM EST
He gets $2.5 million for his first two years of arbitration.
John Hart on the Braves: “We may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but we’re going to be a lot of fun to dance with”
Jan 16, 2015, 8:50 AM EST
FanGraphs currently projects the Braves to have MLB’s second-worst record in 2015.
Jan 16, 2015, 8:20 AM EST
“I’m going to do something not a lot of people get to do.”
Jan 16, 2015, 7:45 AM EST
Houston has too many catchers.
Jan 15, 2015, 5:17 PM EST
Cecil has quietly been one of the best left-handed relievers in baseball since 2013.
Jan 15, 2015, 4:20 PM EST
He enters his age-27 season with a 2.53 ERA in 242 career innings dating back to his impressive 2009 debut as a 21-year-old.
Jan 15, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
Cruz has been Yadier Molina’s primary understudy since 2012.
Jan 15, 2015, 2:44 PM EST
Dirks had a rough 2013 for Detroit and then missed all of 2014 following back surgery, but he’s a 27-year-old career .276 hitter with a .745 OPS in 297 games as a big leaguer.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (268)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)