Jan 15, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
Cruz has been Yadier Molina’s primary understudy since 2012.
Jan 15, 2015, 2:44 PM EST
Dirks had a rough 2013 for Detroit and then missed all of 2014 following back surgery, but he’s a 27-year-old career .276 hitter with a .745 OPS in 297 games as a big leaguer.
Jan 15, 2015, 1:45 PM EST
Swarzak was non-tendered by the Twins last month.
Jan 15, 2015, 1:03 PM EST
Lynn was arbitration eligible this offseason for the first time.
Jan 15, 2015, 12:17 PM EST
Doubront was acquired from the Red Sox at the trade deadline.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Oakland and Washington have made an average of one trade every five months for the past four years.
Jan 14, 2015, 3:51 PM EST
Nova will reportedly get the same $3.3 million salary he received in 2014, which is fairly standard for a player who missed the entire season due to injury.
Jan 14, 2015, 2:44 PM EST
Santana hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2012.
Jan 14, 2015, 1:40 PM EST
American League teams seem the most interested.
Jan 14, 2015, 11:14 AM EST
Yost is 38 wins away from becoming the winningest manager in Royals history.
Jan 14, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Wright has made enough progress in his recovery from a season-ending shoulder injury that the Mets third baseman has begun hitting off a tee.
Jan 13, 2015, 3:48 PM EST
Peguero spent part of last season with the Royals, but was primarily at Triple-A hitting .266 with 30 homers and a .912 OPS in 104 games.
Jan 13, 2015, 1:43 PM EST
Wandy Rodriguez was reportedly set to sign a minor-league deal with the Phillies two weeks ago.
Jan 13, 2015, 11:45 AM EST
Baker was once a solid mid-rotation starter for the Twins, but missed all of 2012 following Tommy John elbow surgery and has struggled to regain his old form.
Jan 13, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Carp hit very well for the Red Sox as a part-timer in 2013.
Jan 12, 2015, 5:38 PM EST
There’s been lots of speculation that the White Sox will trade Dayan Viciedo.
Jan 12, 2015, 1:34 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com says he’ll get $2.15 million following a season in which he threw 146 innings with a 3.45 ERA.
Jan 12, 2015, 11:14 AM EST
Carroll played 12 seasons in the majors for six different teams.
Jan 12, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Andy LaRoche was once considered a top prospect in the Dodgers farm system.
Jan 9, 2015, 1:45 PM EST
“Issues between him and the team going back several years still haven’t been resolved.”
Jan 9, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Toritani, a 33-year-old infielder with more than 1,400 consecutive games played in Japan, hit .313 with modest power and good plate discipline in Japan last season.
Jan 8, 2015, 3:21 PM EST
Danks debuted for the White Sox in 2012 and has logged 386 plate appearances in the majors since then.
Jan 8, 2015, 1:03 PM EST
Matt Wieters’ uncertain health status has the Orioles in search of catching depth.
Jan 8, 2015, 12:15 PM EST
Ankiel “will draw on his vast experience as a player to help mentor Nationals farmhands.”
Jan 8, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
Johnson re-signed with San Diego after giving the Padres zero value on a one-year, $8 million last season.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 7
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 277
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (277)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)