Jan 8, 2015, 1:03 PM EST
Matt Wieters’ uncertain health status has the Orioles in search of catching depth.
Jan 8, 2015, 12:15 PM EST
Ankiel “will draw on his vast experience as a player to help mentor Nationals farmhands.”
Jan 8, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
Johnson re-signed with San Diego after giving the Padres zero value on a one-year, $8 million last season.
Jan 8, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Sanchez was non-tendered by the Pirates last month.
Jan 7, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
Pastornicky debuted at age 22 and once looked likely to establish himself as at least a semi-regular.
Jan 7, 2015, 12:51 PM EST
Oakland cut Punto despite owing him $2.75 million for 2015.
Jan 7, 2015, 11:45 AM EST
He’s had an up-and-down career filled with lots of arm problems.
Jan 7, 2015, 11:02 AM EST
Parnell made just one appearance last season before undergoing Tommy John elbow surgery.
Jan 6, 2015, 4:50 PM EST
Tim Hudson underwent surgery to remove bone spurs from his right ankle.
Jan 6, 2015, 4:20 PM EST
Two surgeries in three months for the 57-year-old manager.
Jan 6, 2015, 2:22 PM EST
Randy Johnson leads the way at 97.3%.
Jan 6, 2015, 11:19 AM EST
Gorzelanny missed the first two-and-a-half months of last season recovering from shoulder surgery, but was great upon returning to the Brewers in mid-June with a 0.86 ERA and 23/8 K/BB ratio in 21 innings.
Jan 6, 2015, 10:45 AM EST
Last month Kevin Cash left his gig as the Indians’ bullpen coach to replace Joe Maddon as the Rays’ manager.
Jan 5, 2015, 4:16 PM EST
Boggs was a very effective setup man for the Cardinals from 2009-2012 and even served as their closer briefly
Jan 5, 2015, 3:05 PM EST
“We’re not in the mix.”
Jan 5, 2015, 12:02 PM EST
Harang had an ugly 2013 season, but bounced back nicely at age 36 to throw 204 innings with a 3.57 ERA and 161/71 K/BB ratio for the Braves.
Jan 5, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Bonifacio isn’t much of a hitter, but he’s very fast and can play just about anywhere defensively.
Jan 2, 2015, 9:45 AM EST
He was non-tendered by the Reds last month.
Dec 31, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
He’s a career .272 hitter with a .725 OPS and has fared particularly well versus left-handed pitching.
Dec 31, 2014, 11:37 AM EST
Hundley hit .243 with six homers and a .631 OPS in 83 games overall and has a .680 OPS for his career.
Dec 30, 2014, 11:37 AM EST
Ben Zobrist could be on the move.
Dec 29, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Byrd is owed $8 million in the final year of his contract.
Dec 29, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Rasmus has been a center fielder for his entire career, but could replace Nick Markakis in right field.
Dec 26, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
Uggla hit .179 in 2013 and .149 this year.
Dec 26, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
He threw 64 innings with a 3.96 ERA and 44/16 K/BB ratio for the Giants in 2014.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)