Jun 26, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
Good news for a great pitcher.
Jun 26, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Tim Lincecum used to be overpowering. In his no-hitter yesterday he got crafty.
Jun 26, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Not that it would be hard for her to be better off than where she was last year.
Jun 26, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Alternatively: The Wild Midwest
Jun 26, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Which, no, it is not.
Jun 26, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
If the Mets and Astros both think you’re done, you’re probably done.
Jun 26, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
In which a stats guy demonstrates why stereotypes of stats guys exist.
Jun 26, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
[Shakes head, puts on his John McClane voice]: “California”
Jun 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
And he’s right.
Jun 26, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Sincerely! I mean, after a dismissive paragraph or two.
Jun 26, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
Tim Lincecum’s no-hitter reminded me of something.
Jun 25, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
For the second time in two years, Tim Lincecum no-hits the San Diego Padres.
Jun 25, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Mops and flashlights included, I hope.
Jun 25, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Don’t do drugs, mmmkay?
Jun 25, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
Yes, I drop a Miracle Max reference in today’s video. Wanna fight about it?
Native American group plans to file a $9 billion lawsuit against the Cleveland Indians over Chief Wahoo
Jun 25, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
Which is really, really misguided.
Jun 25, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
But, really, I’m torn.
Jun 25, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
Jun 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
A lot of very cool baseball prizes and experiences will be available as part of a raffle and silent auction.
Jun 25, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Which is a lot of fun. But it also makes you wonder why Major League Baseball insists on sticking with the rule that has the All-Star Game determine home field advantage in the World Series.
Jun 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
For something good. Not for striking out and costing a lot of money, surprisingly enough.
Jun 25, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
None of us can pick which teams will win or lose two weeks before a season starts, so this is either hopeless or a way, way better system than the ones the rest of us are using.
Jun 25, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
And there is no shortage of suitors.
Jun 25, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
This week it’s Smith. Next week it’s probably Frieri again.
Jun 25, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
And, I assume, continues to appear as a fact pattern on law school torts exams all over the nation.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 29
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 8
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)