Sep 29, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
They look like the best team in the game right now.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
I suppose all the heartfelt tributes were already used up.
Once again, a third party will foot the bill for late night Metro service for Nationals playoff games
Sep 29, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
American University steps up to pay for something that, in a just world, the owners of the Washington Nationals should pay. But good for the Lerners for getting out of it once again.
Sep 29, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
It’s not the end of the line for Ichiro, apparently. But it may be in New York.
Sep 29, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
When you follow THE CARDINAL WAY, you do not celebrate the way heathens like the Dodgers do.
Sep 29, 2014, 9:39 AM EDT
The old man keeps chugging along.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Making an awful song serve something so wonderful is where the magic lies herein.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 26, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
And it could be over as of Sunday. Now, let us consider Buddy Carlyle.
Sep 26, 2014, 12:18 PM EDT
He pitched through pain all year, but he can’t do it anymore.
Sep 26, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
Great Moments in the Memorabilia Industry
Sep 26, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
It makes sense given their roster. But can Braun’s bat rebound enough to justify him playing first base?
Sep 26, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
It’s been a crappy year for the Red Sox, but it ends with at least a bit of a glimpse of what the future holds.
Sep 26, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
He’ll be examined by team doctors today.
Sep 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Everyone was watching Jeter last night.
Sep 26, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
If you don’t like Hunter Pence, regardless of who you root for, I really have no use for you.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
They spent five months in first place. Now they’ll be home for October.
Sep 25, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The same Phil Nevin who, in 1992, was drafted ahead of Derek Jeter. I mean, that’s relevant here, right?
Sep 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Watch as Jenna notes how friggin’ old I am. And also look at the Derek Jeter tribute cap someone sent me that looks like Yankee Stadium threw up on it.
Sep 25, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
To be their GM. Not to pitch. Although he’ll be an improvement in both roles.
Sep 25, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
This is not a joke post. This is very serious, in fact.
Sep 25, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
I’d like to think we’ll be able to carry on. But I don’t know if we can. Dammit, I JUST DO NOT KNOW.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (128)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)