Aug 29, 2014, 10:49 AM EDT
The AL it’s clear cut because there is a monster candidate. In the NL it’s because one guys is the least bad of many bad options.
Aug 29, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Commandment Number One of being a professional athlete: don’t let anyone know you’re not a fan of your team’s city.
Aug 29, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Which, in all likelihood, will be his last start for the Cardinals this year.
Aug 29, 2014, 8:47 AM EDT
A big housing unit for the Big Unit.
Aug 29, 2014, 7:35 AM EDT
And an ice cream sandwich — used for taunting purposes — was involved.
Aug 29, 2014, 6:58 AM EDT
Yet another protested game in a week full of protests. This one isn’t going anywhere, though.
Aug 28, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
It’s five o’clock. Let’s end the work day with a big bunch of arguing, ok?
Aug 28, 2014, 3:43 PM EDT
It’s not been a good week for Phillies brass.
Aug 28, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Umpire to Perez: “You smell good, Salvy!” I am not making that up.
Aug 28, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
With a load of great hitting prospects and the dough to go get pitching, things may soon be looking up on the north side of Chicago
Aug 28, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Sorry. There’s no joke there. Just a cool picture. Including Vedder with a sweet 70s-80s Tigers road uni.
Aug 28, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
And his reaction to it was even better.
Aug 28, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The Yankees are two and a half games back in the wild card and could use a shot in the arm.
Aug 28, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Whatever motivates you, Albert.
Aug 28, 2014, 8:51 AM EDT
Which is kind of weird when you think about it.
Aug 28, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
He feels like the current rules make a pitcher guess as to how long the replay review will last and thus force him to gamble on whether or not to throw warmup pitches.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 27, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Which, despite the name of it, usually isn’t as serious as a lot of other stuff that can afflict pitchers.
Aug 27, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Offerman ended a man’s career by hitting him with a bat. Now he has to pay for it.
Aug 27, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
The league that has no HGH testing and never gets criticized for its drug policies, has suspended a guy for a year for using a substance that is legal in two of the 22 states in which the NFL operates.
Aug 27, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Alex Gordon and the Royals fly under the radar, but here they are, on top of the AL Central.
Aug 27, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
The young stars will shine in the Arizona sun.
Aug 27, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Another doozy was uncorked in Houston last night.
Aug 27, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
The Pirates need McCutchen more than any playoff contender needs any single player.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
A guy who has been snakebitten is on his way back to the Snakes.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)