Apr 22, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Yes, he actually said that. In a video that has both some good points and some not-so-good points.
Apr 22, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
This man, per the fan vote anyway, is not one of the four Greatest Living Players. Lol.
Apr 22, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
So, you can close the book on Bernie’s career now, right?
Apr 22, 2015, 11:04 AM EDT
The stupid: it burns.
Apr 22, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
He has yet to ramp up baseball activities to meet that target date.
Apr 22, 2015, 9:38 AM EDT
No, really! Sincerely!
Apr 22, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.
Apr 22, 2015, 8:23 AM EDT
Kept the ball down, induced grounders. He . . . made pitches!
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 21, 2015, 5:22 PM EDT
The Marlins haven’t had a controversy or a do-over on major decisions in months. They’re overdue at this point, no?
Apr 21, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
Some men just want to watch the world burn.
Apr 21, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
The incident happened on Sunday
Apr 21, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
Nothing for the Athletics.
Apr 21, 2015, 2:55 PM EDT
One answer: because clubs and leagues like to pretend that they’re quasi-public entities who answer to the press. Even if they’re for-profit businesses.
Apr 21, 2015, 11:28 AM EDT
Bryan Price doesn’t fully grok what was so remarkable about his rant. And the Reds don’t seem to care.
Apr 21, 2015, 11:06 AM EDT
The future is now.
Apr 21, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
But, like everything else having to do with their treatment of him, there’s a thread of cynicism to it.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
A writer who once ripped Barry Bonds for 400 pages or so talked with Bonds’ son about the nature of celebrity and celebrity villains.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Off-balance, running the other way, across his body, deep in the hole and he STILL got the speedy Brett Gardner.
Apr 21, 2015, 8:44 AM EDT
The F-bombs were hilarious, but the substance of Price’s rant was far more telling.
Apr 20, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
It’s been a facility in flux since the Dodgers left in 2008, but it has a new life under new management.
Apr 20, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
And he actually owns up to taking stuff. None of that “I have no idea how that got in my system” rebop from him.
Apr 20, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
People from El Paso are still mad about that. Oh well.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
The greatest trick baseball columnists ever pulled was convincing the world that the way they frame a topic is the only way to approach the topic.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 118
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 78
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (119)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (79)