Feb 19, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
Theoretically you could have a 25-man bullpen. We’ll probably see it in practice by the mid-2020s.
Feb 19, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich
Feb 19, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Since they’re Mets’ baseballs, I presume they’re barely used at all, of course. Certainly not damaged in any appreciable way.
Feb 19, 2015, 9:43 AM EDT
Maybe not great that a guy who runs a sports agency doesn’t know one ballplayer from another?
Feb 19, 2015, 9:12 AM EDT
Broadcast rights fees continue to explode
Feb 19, 2015, 8:34 AM EDT
At least one columnist thinks that’d have been a good deal. What say you?
Feb 18, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
On the first day of spring training, man. Talking about getting off on the wrong foot.
Feb 18, 2015, 4:02 PM EDT
This describes any given seven-year stretch in most of our lives, though, right?
Feb 18, 2015, 3:32 PM EDT
It’s still possible that the Tigers’ slugger will be ready for Opening Day.
Feb 18, 2015, 2:56 PM EDT
I’d never expect a reasoned or measured response from Mike Lupica. But you’d think he’d at least aspire to basic human decency.
Feb 18, 2015, 1:44 PM EDT
There are pieces of work. Then there was Calvin Griffith.
Feb 18, 2015, 1:07 PM EDT
It was thought he’d compete for the fifth slot. Today Bruce Bochy made it sound like the job is his.
Feb 18, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
This defense seems to work for Andy Pettitte when it does not work for any other PED guy.
Feb 18, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
And a lot of his other stuff too?
Feb 18, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
That’s not about cheating in baseball. Not by damn sight.
Feb 18, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
Many have already reported. Here are the deadlines for pitchers and catchers for all 30 teams.
Feb 18, 2015, 9:03 AM EDT
He’s no one you want for millions a year, but on a cheap deal on the eve of spring training? Not too shabby a pickup.
Feb 18, 2015, 8:28 AM EDT
Is it possible Pablo Sandoval is out of shape? Sure. But maybe we should wait for the Red Sox to say so before slamming the guy.
Feb 18, 2015, 6:47 AM EDT
A newspaper which has won 34 Pulitzer Prizes turns to wholly discredited pseudoscience.
Feb 17, 2015, 4:46 PM EDT
If you’re suing your employer, it’s better to be in California than Florida. Minor leaguers suing baseball get to sue their employer in California.
Feb 17, 2015, 2:21 PM EDT
Note: I did not hire a handwriting expert nor attempt to gauge another person’s sincerity in the composition of this post.
Feb 17, 2015, 1:18 PM EDT
There. Now that’s all done and we can move on.
Feb 17, 2015, 12:57 PM EDT
Not really, but we’re glad to see he’s on Team BSOHL
Feb 17, 2015, 11:18 AM EDT
Is it really that surprising?
Feb 17, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
He could’ve gotten ten years.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)