Jun 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
It’s really not important who the closer is on a last place team. Well, except for the closer that is.
Jun 28, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Shovel throws are cool. Jump-throws are cool. Plays containing both of them are really, really cool.
Jun 28, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
He’s out, right? He ran out of the baseline, didn’t he?
Jun 28, 2014, 7:33 AM EDT
Jose Abreu went deep twice and finished the night tied for the major league lead in homers with 25.
Jun 27, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
It’s Friday after five. Time for MLB’s bad news dump.
Jun 27, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Got any supportive comments to issue in a press release today, Bud?
Jun 27, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
COST?! NO MAN CAN SAY!
Jun 27, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
In his defense, he does have a pretty face. He’s a really handsome guy.
Jun 27, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
The future may be coming to Boston faster than expected.
Jun 27, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Boy, Keith, you sure showed us who’s tough.
Closing arguments held in the Bryan Stow civil case — both sides blame alcohol as a contributing factor
Jun 27, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
And now it’s in the jury’s hands.
Jun 27, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
That boy ain’t right.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:34 AM EDT
Great Moments in the Pacific Coast League
Jun 27, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Josh Beckett: More than gravy
Jun 27, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
You’ll wonder how your life was complete before hearing this story and you’ll conclude that, no, it was not complete.
Jun 27, 2014, 6:51 AM EDT
Dear Chase: I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so alike. I’d like to meet you one day, it would be great to have a catch. I know I can’t throw as fast as you but I think you’d be impressed with my speed.
Jun 26, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Come for the data, stay for the hilarious A.J. Pierzynski anecdote.
Jun 26, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
I have no idea what it is with former New York catchers that make them so certain that everyone else on the planet is dumb, but between him and Paul Lo Duca, they have that market cornered.
Jun 26, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
What, you thought Jeff Manship would be the stylin’, profilin’, limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin’ n’ dealin’ son of a gun?
Jun 26, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
If Deep Thought from “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” comes to mind, well, you’re not alone.
Jun 26, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
He won’t be gone for too long, but he will be gone.
Jun 26, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
Good news for a great pitcher.
Jun 26, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Tim Lincecum used to be overpowering. In his no-hitter yesterday he got crafty.
Jun 26, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Not that it would be hard for her to be better off than where she was last year.
Jun 26, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Alternatively: The Wild Midwest
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 26
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 67
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (157)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)