Oct 23, 2014, 8:26 AM EST
‘Tis the season of overanalysis.
Oct 23, 2014, 7:44 AM EST
The rookie didn’t have control. With his pitches or with his emotions.
Oct 22, 2014, 4:06 PM EST
In other news: Homeland Security agents now conduct raids over things like minor copyright violations.
Oct 22, 2014, 3:16 PM EST
Great Moments in the Uncanny Valley
Oct 22, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
How and why baseball makes its political donations
Oct 22, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
I think that constitutes more than 15%.
Oct 22, 2014, 12:50 PM EST
In other news, this answers the age-old question: are there Marlins fans?
Oct 22, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
Maybe not. But they really can’t go down 2-0.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
No, they didn’t actually wager a living baby or anything. That would be weird. They just bet on whether they should have one.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:20 AM EST
It may cost them $100 million to get him, but they certainly could use him.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
He as 12.75 million reasons to do so.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
No one likes their routines to get messed up, but forgive me if I have trouble caring too terribly much about the complaints voiced thus far.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Paul Molitor remains the frontrunner.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:53 AM EST
Not living up to a nickname: forgivable. Not giving your team a chance to win in the World Series: a way bigger problem.
Oct 22, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
And to fight history: 15 of the last 17 Game 1 winners have gone on to win the World Series.
Oct 21, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Joe Posnanski looks at where they came from and just how dominant they’ve been.
Oct 21, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Now they just need a site. If you have a few hundred acres in the Palm Beach area, call Mark Lerner.
Oct 21, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
So drunk that today’s editorial says that the taxpayer subsidies to renovate the place several years ago are all worth it. Um, yeah.
Oct 21, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
Breaking down tonight’s starters, the bullpens and the magic.
Oct 21, 2014, 11:53 AM EST
I suppose she could parachute into the stadium and surprise us or something, but don’t count on it.
Oct 21, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
Minor leaguers have filed a lawsuit against Major League Baseball alleging unfair labor practices. Here’s the story of one player who realized that there has to be a better way.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 21, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
For the third time in five years, the Giants are in the World Series. For the third time in five years, someone tries to claim they’re there because they are some sort of anti-stats organization. Which is baloney.
Oct 21, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
To be fair, a Colossal Dog probably tastes pretty good.
Oct 21, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
After four days without baseball, the World Series finally kicks off. Wait, not, it begins. “Kicks off” is a football term and dumb football is the whole reason we had to wait four days for the World Series to start.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)