Apr 14, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
A security expert explains why putting metal detectors at the ballpark is ineffective, cynical and dumb.
Apr 14, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
It’s a complicated case, Maude. A lotta ins, a lotta outs. And certain things have come to light. He hired himself, man! Did that ever occur to you?
Apr 14, 2015, 8:25 AM EDT
One guy draws attention to himself, thinks he’s more important than everyone else and doesn’t follow rules. The other one is the Yankees DH.
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 13, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Not a straight ranking. Rather, a ranking of which Triple-A cities represent the biggest falloff from their major league affiliates.
Apr 13, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
You can’t buy draft picks and you can only trade a narrow swath of them. But the Dodgers decided to think outside the box.
Apr 13, 2015, 4:37 PM EDT
It’s ugly in Fenway for the Nats. But Mookie is having a wonderful day.
Apr 13, 2015, 4:03 PM EDT
He has blown two saves in three appearances.
Apr 13, 2015, 3:39 PM EDT
The Superman is real. And he plays for the Philadelphia Phillies.
Apr 13, 2015, 3:03 PM EDT
This dog seems well-behaved. Too bad some of the humans inside the park aren’t.
Apr 13, 2015, 2:24 PM EDT
Suuuure you would, Russell. Sure you would.
Apr 13, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
Two years ago the Dbacks’ owner got into it with some fans for wearing Dodgers gear. Did it happen again yesterday?
Apr 13, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
The product has yet to be formally approved by Major League Baseball.
Apr 13, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
He’s 5-for-16 with two homers, a double and seven driven in on the young minor league season.
Apr 13, 2015, 10:32 AM EDT
No, it’s not about their comparable appeal to white dudes and delusions about how competitive they’ll be.
Apr 13, 2015, 9:44 AM EDT
Learn to score the Cardinal Way!
Apr 13, 2015, 9:03 AM EDT
Just what the Reds and the Cards need more of: bad blood.
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:43 PM EDT
The Angels appear to be trying to throw Hamilton under the bus. But they don’t have a legal basis to do it.
Apr 10, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
Which, I think anyway, makes this a zombie cliche.
Apr 10, 2015, 1:55 PM EDT
They are Seventh Day Adventists who cannot work Friday and Saturday games due to their religious beliefs.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
At the earliest.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:56 AM EDT
It was mostly in good fun, I think, but Blyleven’s bosses made him apologize, it appears.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
There’s a right way and a wrong way to throw your gum away.
Apr 10, 2015, 8:21 AM EDT
Major League Baseball made a truly radical promotional ad. And it’s truly excellent.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 16
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 91
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)