Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EDT
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Even today’s drug busts are boring. Man, what’s with today?
Aug 25, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
The world of baseball seems to be asleep this afternoon. So let’s see a base runner eat dirt!
Aug 25, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
No one is having fun in Philly this year. Maybe complaining about it to the media isn’t helping.
Aug 25, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
But they’re not exactly livin’ either. They’re just sort of existing, with occasional good results.
Aug 25, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
After leaving yesterday’s game early with a bout of the flu, the M’s second baseman will likely be in action this evening.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
But, really, it’s probably better than a lot of other ideas we’ll hear.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
When a 30 year-old is sent to the minors, it’s usually bad. But when he’s being sent there from independent ball, that’s good.
Aug 25, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Harper just test-drives bats. Which makes a lot of sense, actually.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
The teams matchup on paper. But baseball isn’t played on paper. If it was, anyone could do it.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:28 AM EDT
Jaso missed the playoffs last year due to a severe concussion. He’s out with brain trauma once again.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:09 AM EDT
The Mets had to make a choice. Twenty-six homers and an OPS of .862 later, and that choice looks like the right one.
Aug 25, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Jose Bautista’s spot in the order — and in the field — proved critical in yesterday’s loss.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 22, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
One window doesn’t work and there is no air conditioning. It has 166,000 miles on it. Which, actually, isn’t that bad. Hmmm . . .
Aug 22, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT
Seven games in ten days for the AL West leaders
Aug 22, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
This has been such a fun story so far. So why NOT throw politics into it?
Aug 22, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Can he make it to the bigs on a new path for a third time?
Aug 22, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
The Red Sox paid a lot of money to get this guy. Expect him in the Sox’ outfield early next season.
Aug 22, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
It’s cool to love what you loved when you were 20. It’s not cool to claim that what you loved when you were 20 is the only thing worth loving.
Aug 22, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
My buns have no seeds.
Aug 22, 2014, 9:27 AM EDT
I think he’d have a pretty tough sled, actually.
Aug 22, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Wade Boggs: Pitt the Elder!
Barney: Lord Palmerston!
Wade Boggs: Pitt the Elder!
Barney: Okay, you asked for it, Boggs!
Aug 22, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Whatever motivates you, dude.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:33 AM EDT
Another Washington walkoff. Another dominant Clayton Kershaw start. And some unusual stuff happened too.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 6
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)