Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
A bases-loaded walk helped the Tigers win a game. A walkoff plunking gave the Cardinals the win. And the crew in Chicago couldn’t get a tarp on the field. Can anyone around here play this game anymore?
Aug 19, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Cespedes said he almost cried when he found out he was traded. But he wishes everyone the best.
Aug 19, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
The silly NL West wild card race may actually favor the team playing the worst baseball right now.
Aug 19, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
A small move for the Indians, but a nice move all the same.
Aug 19, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Other than underachieving, alienating certain players and ordering pitchers to throw at guys, Gibson has been fantastic.
Aug 19, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
But I suppose someone — two someones, actually — has to win this ugly thing.
Aug 19, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Baseball used to be fun, darn it.
Aug 19, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Joe Jackson had Black Betty. Maybe some slugger will one day have “Lizzie Borden.”
Aug 19, 2014, 8:54 AM EDT
Erik Kratz: the anti-Dock Ellis
Aug 19, 2014, 8:20 AM EDT
A little bit of video to restore a small part of your otherwise shaken faith in humanity on this Tuesday morning.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EDT
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
What’s wrong with the Angels’ left fielder?
Aug 18, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
And after one inning, it’s Angelos 1, Lerners 0.
Aug 18, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
Why is this man smiling?
Aug 18, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
Shuffling young prospects is the order of the day.
Aug 18, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Jenna and I with out latest installment of “Hey, that team that used to be crappy isn’t crappy anymore” theater.
Aug 18, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
The Nats get some depth as they gear up for the playoffs.
Aug 18, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
They don’t make managers like this anymore. That’s probably a good thing.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
Rob Manfred has a problem to tackle. Thankfully, he already has the rules at his disposal to tackle it. Let’s see if he does.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
And quit thinking you’re all that. Even though we say you’re all that and hang on every little thing that you do.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
I mean really, what better do you have to do right now. Work?
Aug 18, 2014, 8:53 AM EDT
A really shoo-ing match went down in Detroit yesterday.
Aug 18, 2014, 8:18 AM EDT
Because that’s really what baseball is all about.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EDT
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 15, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
It didn’t help the Bambino, but it may have played some role in helping cancer patients who came after him.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)