Oct 21, 2014, 11:53 AM EST
I suppose she could parachute into the stadium and surprise us or something, but don’t count on it.
Oct 21, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
Minor leaguers have filed a lawsuit against Major League Baseball alleging unfair labor practices. Here’s the story of one player who realized that there has to be a better way.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 21, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
For the third time in five years, the Giants are in the World Series. For the third time in five years, someone tries to claim they’re there because they are some sort of anti-stats organization. Which is baloney.
Oct 21, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
To be fair, a Colossal Dog probably tastes pretty good.
Oct 21, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
After four days without baseball, the World Series finally kicks off. Wait, not, it begins. “Kicks off” is a football term and dumb football is the whole reason we had to wait four days for the World Series to start.
Oct 20, 2014, 5:09 PM EST
Wanna buy the Royals’ recyclables?
Oct 20, 2014, 4:33 PM EST
Someone asked Sergio Romo what country he’s from at media day today. Last I checked, California was still part of the United States.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Because it is unheard of for Yankees players to have outside interests.
Oct 20, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Every time there’s a bad call, Don Denkinger’s name gets mentioned. Now that the Royals are in the World Series, it’ll be mentioned more.
Oct 20, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
This former Royals is a big part of why the current Royals are where they are.
Oct 20, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
The second baseman, that is, not the Marlins pitcher.
Oct 20, 2014, 11:38 AM EST
College and Major Leagues, that is.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
You’d think such knowledge would be pretty valuable to have. Maybe they should license it to other sports teams.
Oct 20, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
History’s Greatest Monster strikes again
Oct 20, 2014, 9:23 AM EST
His new employer is, apparently, quite generous with allowing vacation time.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:47 AM EST
Frank White is possibly the Royals most popular player in franchise history. But he and the team have not been on speaking terms for several years. And not even an A.L. Pennant has changed that.
Oct 20, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Four full days off before the World Series has all of us hurting for content, frankly.
Oct 17, 2014, 4:18 PM EST
His last stop was as the Padres general manager. Before that, Arizona.
Oct 17, 2014, 3:10 PM EST
Friedman says he and Don Mattingly’s thoughts are “very aligned.
Oct 17, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
I wonder what Lorde would think.
Oct 17, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
It’s only ’04, but is it too early to call the Giants The Team of the Decade?
Oct 17, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Well, that’s certainly an opinion to have.
Oct 17, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
Not that the Tigers aren’t being cautious.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)