Sep 4, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
It was a long road back for Daniel Hudson, but last night he made it back to the bigs.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
The Cardinals are getting hot at the right time. The Pirates: not so much.
Sep 3, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Deep thoughts as I nearly fall asleep during the day games.
Sep 3, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
A story of how baseball approached and hired Billy Bean. And how doing so reflected the game’s desire to become more inclusive.
Sep 3, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
And does anyone wanna win the second wild card in the NL?
Sep 3, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Goosebumps, man. Goosebumps.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Hint: Jack Morris’ Game 7 performance was 38th. At least by one measure.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
The Legendary One will do Dodgers home games and interleague games in Anaheim, but may sit out all other road games.
Sep 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
It’d be a fun nation, but probably a tad dangerous.
Sep 3, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
James Wagner of the Washington Post reports on a cool tradition that has taken hold in the majors
Sep 3, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
It’s possible frustration at a bad season got into Bradley’s head.
Sep 3, 2014, 8:49 AM EDT
In this day and age, experience is not really necessary.
Sep 3, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Sep 2, 2014, 5:09 PM EDT
If it weren’t for expanded rosters for September, he’d probably be on the DL.
Sep 2, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Wrap your head around THAT for a second.
Sep 2, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Not too many managers seem to be on the hot seat. Part of that is because being a manager today is very different than it was back in the day.
Sep 2, 2014, 3:06 PM EDT
Bring out yer dead!
Sep 2, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
From a baseball to a slip of paper to a giant statue of the biggest baseball star who ever lived.
Sep 2, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Gambling on baseball is dumb. But Kershaw for the Cy Young Award is a pretty safe bet.
Sep 2, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
Or: meanwhile in weird concessions . . .
Sep 2, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
And if their shovels are as good as their bats have been lately, they’ll probably dig a hole three miles off target and a month too late.
Sep 2, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Credit to Joe Girardi, perhaps?
Sep 2, 2014, 10:01 AM EDT
Bright side: The Nats’ lead is big enough to where he can rest as much as he needs to in September.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 32
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 22
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)