Dec 10, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You come to HardballTalk for nothing but the best in hard hitting journalism. And in keeping with that tradition, we rate the managerial beefcake once again.
Dec 10, 2014, 12:35 PM EST
Dec 10, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
I think it’s safe to say the Cubs wanted him, don’t you know.
Dec 10, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
That’s up a billion from last year. Gross revenues for Major League Baseball have grown 321 percent since 1995.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
The Astros have gotten more to fix their bullpen before 10am than most teams do all day.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Dec 9, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
This is the first time his name has been mentioned during the hot stove season.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
The Braves will likely try him at second base, though he can play basically anywhere.
Dec 9, 2014, 5:39 PM EST
It’s superficially a good fit.
Dec 9, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Which is a neat way of saying “nah, we really don’t want to trade Evan Gattis”
Dec 9, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
An exercise in expectation management? A concession?
Dec 9, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Which seems like a pretty weak move to me, frankly.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:14 PM EST
He has covered the Tigers since 1979.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Boston would send Sean Coyle to Philly in return.
Dec 9, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
He won’t move the team out of the Tampa Bay area, he said. But the next guy probably will.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
To be fair, there are other reasons why you might call about Dan Uggla besides wanting him to play baseball for you.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:09 PM EST
Matt Kemp may soon be on the move. Just a bit south down the I-5.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:18 AM EST
A lost opportunity, really.
Dec 9, 2014, 9:12 AM EST
Reports of the Blue Jays’ falling out with Paul Beeston were exaggerated. Or just wrong, maybe.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs, Giants, Red Sox and Dodgers are all pushing into high-dollar territory.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:14 AM EST
The Yankees were not, apparently, as “heavily invested” in Robertson as some were saying.
Dec 8, 2014, 7:11 PM EST
Color us dubious, but a couple of people are talking about it.
Dec 8, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Pat Gillick says he has Ruben Amaro’s back. Is it a vote of confidence or the dreaded vote of confidence?
Dec 8, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
And, if he’s smart, they’re on his.
Dec 8, 2014, 5:37 PM EST
He’s probably a fourth or fifth outfielder type.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)