Mar 16, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
I think it’s just about the time for me to leave Arizona.
Mar 16, 2015, 4:47 PM EDT
This decision is, perhaps, the only possible way in which Lee’s career can continue. And even then, only for a short time.
Mar 16, 2015, 3:41 PM EDT
Both America and baseball were built on questionable fortunes, conflicts of interest and power plays. And Del Webb was better than anyone at that stuff.
Mar 16, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
He has been beaten up pretty badly this spring, and left today’s game abruptly.
Mar 16, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
Could the Hit King be back on Major League fields soon?
Mar 16, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
The Royals proudly, and justifiably, called themselves champions here in Surprise, Arizona this morning.
Mar 16, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
My previous two days in the desert took me to a couple of cool places.
Mar 16, 2015, 8:51 AM EDT
Somewhere Buster Olney is smiling.
Mar 13, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
He’s not going to miss much time, though.
Mar 13, 2015, 4:53 PM EDT
Which is not as sexy as you might think based on what it’s called.
Mar 13, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
And the public statement released seems to chide the Mets a bit.
Mar 13, 2015, 3:16 PM EDT
Every day should be Prince Day.
Mar 13, 2015, 2:27 PM EDT
He thinks yesterday’s fun — and other things like it — may keep baseball from dying, you guys.
Mar 13, 2015, 1:26 PM EDT
D-Train’s latest comeback has ended. And it looks like the end of the line.
Mar 13, 2015, 12:06 PM EDT
In other news, old Ned has a lot of time on his hands these days.
Mar 13, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
Chemistry doesn’t win ballgames. But it doesn’t hurt, and the Padres seem to have it in spades.
Mar 12, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
Put an APB out for a grimacing man without an elbow ligament. Probably driving more slowly than most, but in crazy, unpredictable patterns.
Mar 12, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Mar 12, 2015, 1:24 PM EDT
This is not really about baseball or Will Ferrell, really.
Mar 12, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Even though, in the past, Maddon has defended his own players who have pimped home runs.
Mar 12, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
His ligament is not torn, but it is compromised.
Mar 12, 2015, 9:37 AM EDT
If an A-Rod hit a home run and no one was there to tweet about it, would it still go over the fence?
Mar 12, 2015, 8:49 AM EDT
And he compares the team to an ex-girlfriend
Mar 12, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
The Home Run King was party to some Bold Flavors last night.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 146
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 55
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)