Jun 24, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Given how he’s playing these days, he’ll have to. But it’s nice to hear him say it.
Jun 24, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
After a silly call last week, MLB makes an adjustment in the obstruction rule.
Jun 24, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
Prospect junkies: this is for you.
Jun 24, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Orange is the new Northwest Green, navy blue and silver
Jun 24, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
It’s a best of three, so Virginia’s back is already against the wall.
Jun 24, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
The Orioles need their slugger to produce in the second half. How likely is it that he will?
Jun 24, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Greinke admitted to being “pretty rude” when he left Kansas City before the 2011 season.
Jun 24, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Saying such things made fans mad angry at Jimmy Rollins. Will they now get mad at Chase Utley?
Jun 24, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Trigger warning: Garrison Keillor
Jun 24, 2014, 10:39 AM EDT
Which is probably the right move.
Jun 24, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
We first met Chelsea Baker four years ago when she was a little leaguer. Now she’s 17 and pitching to the Tampa Bay Rays
Jun 24, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Not all Cubans are surefire prospects. Odrisamer Despaigne certainly isn’t. But he had himself a whale of a game last night.
Jun 24, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
The death of Tony Gwynn is making a lot of guys think twice about their habits and health.
Jun 24, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
It’s awesome that USA-Portugal kicked butt in the ratings. It’s lame if people think that represents anything meaningful about baseball or other sports.
Jun 24, 2014, 6:44 AM EDT
Two guys had multiple homer games last night. Four teams got shutout. Just another night in the all-or-nothing age of Major League Baseball
Jun 23, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
Someone get me some oxygen. I can’t breathe.
Jun 23, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
Could be the best game plan for multiple reasons, actually.
Jun 23, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
Time is a flat circle
Jun 23, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
Also: should GM’s come under scrutiny before managers do?
Jun 23, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
There’s a pastor with a congregation that doesn’t actually congregate. And it consists of only one narrow group of people: professional umpires.
Jun 23, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
It’s a big trade a lot of people want to see. Except, you know, the teams involved.
Jun 23, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
Not hard to slam back given that Emmert is a profoundly wrong jackwagon.
Jun 23, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
As the supply of Brandons go up, does the price come down?
Jun 23, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Elbows, shoulders. It’s always something with pitchers.
Jun 23, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
It’s hard to say who. Maybe himself?
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 39
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 70
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (163)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)