Jul 14, 2015, 10:09 PM EDT
Mike Trout hustled to first to foil a would-be double play and then came around to score.
Jul 14, 2015, 9:32 PM EDT
Mike Trout put the A.L. on the board on the fourth pitch of the game.
Jul 14, 2015, 8:23 PM EDT
They got two right at least.
Jul 14, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT
But not quite as crazy and enthusiastic as Todd Frazier’s many ovations last night.
Jul 14, 2015, 6:06 PM EDT
Camera’s over here, big guy.
Jul 14, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
First pitch is 8:15. Here is everything you need to know.
Jul 14, 2015, 3:06 PM EDT
Crosley Field was the home of the Cincinnati Reds for 58 years. I went there this morning. Here is what I mostly didn’t see.
Jul 14, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Baseball is a much smaller family than you tend to assume.
Jul 14, 2015, 9:23 AM EDT
A pig roast, a 64-pound turkey and thousands of gallons of ketchup and mustard.
Jul 14, 2015, 8:48 AM EDT
Banks, Minoso and everyone in between.
Jul 14, 2015, 7:47 AM EDT
We live in amazing times.
Jul 13, 2015, 10:48 PM EDT
The hometown hero does it!
Jul 13, 2015, 4:53 PM EDT
I asked the legally-trained Scott Boras what he thought of that lawsuit filed today seeking additional protective netting. He thinks it’s a good idea.
Jul 13, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
At least that’s what Jon Heyman is hearing.
A class-action law suit was filed against MLB today seeking the installation of more protective netting
Jul 13, 2015, 3:16 PM EDT
The suit, brought on behalf of all season ticket holders who sit in a “zone of danger,” alleges that baseball has ignored the risks of foul balls and broken bats, placing fans in harm’s way.
Jul 13, 2015, 12:19 PM EDT
Great Moments in the Prospect League
Jul 13, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
We’ve been making the argument that publicly-funded ballparks are a bad idea for years. But here it is distilled in one video.
Jul 13, 2015, 9:09 AM EDT
Severe storms with high winds are cutting across the Midwest and could be smacking into Cincinnati this evening.
Jul 13, 2015, 7:47 AM EDT
Another day, another walkoff win for the surging Pirates.
Jul 10, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
And it’s possible that the best replacement for him in the Tigers bullpen would be . . . Joba Chamberlain.
Jul 10, 2015, 3:37 PM EDT
Don’t do drugs, mmm-kay?
Jul 10, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
It was in the 14th inning. Maybe everyone was just getting impatient and testy?
Jul 10, 2015, 11:13 AM EDT
The home town guy is the man to beat in the eyes of the oddsmakers.
Jul 10, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
I remember 2012 too.
Jul 10, 2015, 9:57 AM EDT
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 7
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 15
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)