Jan 15, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
Good problem solving usually means attempting the least-intrusive solutions first. Baseball does not appear to be doing that.
Jan 15, 2015, 6:59 AM EST
Assuming, of course, the MLBPA approves what the owners are reported to propose this week.
Jan 14, 2015, 4:37 PM EST
Moore remains on schedule for a June return.
Jan 14, 2015, 3:05 PM EST
El Oso Blanco is heading to Houston
Jan 14, 2015, 2:03 PM EST
Is this in response to Dave Stewart?
Jan 14, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
Which is a lot of activity for Chapman in the offseason.
Jan 14, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
Yes, a lot of Yankees and Red Sox. But who cares?
Jan 14, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
But I may be biased and less-than-objective about that.
Jan 14, 2015, 11:03 AM EST
“If a cow can’t eat it, I don’t want to play on it.” — Dick Allen
Jan 14, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
He’d cost nothing to give a look-see, of course.
Jan 14, 2015, 9:43 AM EST
It’s this man’s last rodeo.
Jan 14, 2015, 9:13 AM EST
Life has dealt John Hirschbeck more blows than it deals most people. But it hasn’t stopped him.
Jan 14, 2015, 8:38 AM EST
Larry MacPhail’s efforts to keep baseball a whites-only affair is well-documented. And, of course, he is in the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:02 AM EST
In TV’s alternate universe, is David Eckstein a lawyer?
Jan 13, 2015, 5:03 PM EST
Which, shockingly, was not already a universal practice in Major League Baseball.
Jan 13, 2015, 4:30 PM EST
It’s $1,000. Want one?
Jan 13, 2015, 3:30 PM EST
You can drink, but not when you’re 18. You can yell at some guy for messing with your girlfriend, but you can’t break into their house in the middle of the night to do it. There are rules, dude.
Jan 13, 2015, 2:45 PM EST
There are “false” baseball teams? Who knew?
Jan 13, 2015, 1:30 PM EST
A small move for a very tall pitcher.
Jan 13, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
From hot seat to catbird seat in the space of a few months.
Jan 13, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
He’s a pretty big risk, health-wise, however.
Jan 13, 2015, 11:03 AM EST
Heck, he was the GM for my team once upon a time and I never heard of him either.
Jan 13, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
No yiketty, no doubt.
Jan 13, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
This pic was taken with Nava facing a righty. Expect to see this stroke from Nava against lefties next season too.
Jan 13, 2015, 9:34 AM EST
He’s only 21 year’s old, but can touch the mid-90s.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 230
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (228)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)