Jun 17, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Dee Gordon should have his dad’s nickname.
Jun 17, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
I’m mostly happy that I get to use this pic. Oh my God, this pic.
Jun 17, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
The Royals are knocking on the door of first place after knocking a former Cy Young Award and MVP winner around pretty good.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
That’s 100 games, fella.
Jun 16, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Featuring some fantastically retro technology. That still helped the dude win eight batting titles.
Jun 16, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
The former stray has gone Hollywood.
Jun 16, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
There are a great many amazing rookies in major league baseball this season.
Jun 16, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Tony Gwynn’s sad death was likely a wholly preventable one.
Jun 16, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
He seems to have really wanted this man to own the Cubs.
Jun 16, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
If you’re looking for an unkind word about Tony Gwynn among those who knew him, played against him, played under him, covered him or merely watched him play, well, you’re going to be looking for a long, long time.
Jun 16, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
“The greatest Padre ever and one of the most accomplished hitters that our game has ever known.”
Jun 16, 2014, 11:26 AM EDT
He was one of the greatest hitters, and one of the most loved players, of all time.
Jun 16, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
It may not happen, but the optics and politics of a Pete Rose pardon as Bud Selig walks out the door are . . . intriguing.
Jun 16, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
He’s a catcher. And Evan Gattis’ bat is essential. So that would make Gattis an outfielder. At least in name.
Jun 16, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
The Orioles’ former top prospect could aid their playoff chances in the second half.
Jun 16, 2014, 9:18 AM EDT
Not that that’s too tough a trick.
Jun 16, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
In the National League, star power is coinciding pretty well with 2014 hitting stats.
Jun 16, 2014, 8:18 AM EDT
Breakin’ bats in the hot sun . . . he fought the bat and the bat won, he fought the bat and the bat won.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
Jun 15, 2014, 7:35 AM EDT
Puig is taking bat-flipping to new highs. Or maybe lows.
Jun 14, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Pitcher wins are the best stat ever.
Jun 14, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Rollins has the last personal milestone he might reasonably expect to achieve in a Phillies uniform. Now he may be willing to wear another team’s colors.
Jun 14, 2014, 9:24 PM EDT
In eight games, Eugenio Suarez is hitting .400/.500/1.000.
Jun 14, 2014, 8:21 PM EDT
Not your typical game-winning RBI. That is, if game-winning-RBIs were still an official thing.
Jun 14, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Lighten up, Robin.
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 0
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 14
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (95)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)