Jun 23, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
We live in an age of specialization and obsessiveness. Why, ten, does the generalist columnist still exist?
Jun 23, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Donaldson leads at his position and Norris and Cespedes are knocking on the door.
Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM EDT
Mike Napoli stole home. Though, really, we should call what he did something else. Also: are we at “Peak Brandon” in Major League Baseball?
Jun 20, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Short version: “Quit your whining, Ortiz.”
Jun 20, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Jun 20, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
A-Rod continues on in his efforts to de-crazify his life.
Jun 20, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Alex Wood was sent to the minors to stretch out for starting pitching duty. Hope he stretched fast, because now the Braves need him.
Jun 20, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
I had a pretty interesting customer service call with DirecTV today.
Jun 20, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Plus: for which TV show should Yasiel Puig make an appearance as a guest star? The answer may surprise you!
Jun 20, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Politics and drugs in baseball: almost always a stupid combination.
Jun 20, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
He’s only 23, and he’s likely to be making a mint in the majors this time next year.
Jun 20, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Reynolds’ well-known nickname was “Super Chief.” But to reporters in Cleveland, he often went by “Chief Wahoo.” At least a couple of years before the mascot came to be known by that name.
Jun 20, 2014, 9:14 AM EDT
I’m assuming this is one you’ve never seen before.
Jun 20, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Tony Clark is not inclined to change baseball’s course with respect to the stuff.
Jun 20, 2014, 8:19 AM EDT
Phillips doesn’t always take criticism well. But this time he did.
Jun 20, 2014, 7:11 AM EDT
Two of the most promising young arms in baseball met last night. But Zack Wheeler got the best of Andrew Heaney on the occasion of the latter’s major league debut.
Jun 19, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Swisher did the damage, but Mike Scioscia and his shaky bullpen laid the groundwork.
Jun 19, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
A new effort to revive an old pipeline of talent.
Jun 19, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw made all of the superlatives spill out of my pie-hole today.
Jun 19, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
It’s a down year for Quentin, but could he help a contender?
Jun 19, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
You’d think a Hall of Fame caliber player with multiple World Series rings would let a lone judgment call by an official scorer go. If so, you’d think wrong.
Jun 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Sadly it’s just a metaphorical one.
Jun 19, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Moving Simon to the rotation wasn’t a gigantic gamble, but it is one that is paying off quite nicely for the Reds.
Jun 19, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
You can’t predict baseball.
Jun 19, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Some teams have a “June Swoon.” The Dodgers have the exact opposite of that, it seems.
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 0
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 61
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 29
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (153)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)