Jul 14, 2015, 3:06 PM EDT
Crosley Field was the home of the Cincinnati Reds for 58 years. I went there this morning. Here is what I mostly didn’t see.
Jul 14, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Baseball is a much smaller family than you tend to assume.
Jul 14, 2015, 9:23 AM EDT
A pig roast, a 64-pound turkey and thousands of gallons of ketchup and mustard.
Jul 14, 2015, 8:48 AM EDT
Banks, Minoso and everyone in between.
Jul 14, 2015, 7:47 AM EDT
We live in amazing times.
Jul 13, 2015, 10:48 PM EDT
The hometown hero does it!
Jul 13, 2015, 4:53 PM EDT
I asked the legally-trained Scott Boras what he thought of that lawsuit filed today seeking additional protective netting. He thinks it’s a good idea.
Jul 13, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
At least that’s what Jon Heyman is hearing.
A class-action law suit was filed against MLB today seeking the installation of more protective netting
Jul 13, 2015, 3:16 PM EDT
The suit, brought on behalf of all season ticket holders who sit in a “zone of danger,” alleges that baseball has ignored the risks of foul balls and broken bats, placing fans in harm’s way.
Jul 13, 2015, 12:19 PM EDT
Great Moments in the Prospect League
Jul 13, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
We’ve been making the argument that publicly-funded ballparks are a bad idea for years. But here it is distilled in one video.
Jul 13, 2015, 9:09 AM EDT
Severe storms with high winds are cutting across the Midwest and could be smacking into Cincinnati this evening.
Jul 13, 2015, 7:47 AM EDT
Another day, another walkoff win for the surging Pirates.
Jul 10, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
And it’s possible that the best replacement for him in the Tigers bullpen would be . . . Joba Chamberlain.
Jul 10, 2015, 3:37 PM EDT
Don’t do drugs, mmm-kay?
Jul 10, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
It was in the 14th inning. Maybe everyone was just getting impatient and testy?
Jul 10, 2015, 11:13 AM EDT
The home town guy is the man to beat in the eyes of the oddsmakers.
Jul 10, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
I remember 2012 too.
Jul 10, 2015, 9:57 AM EDT
Jul 10, 2015, 9:36 AM EDT
Over the shoulder, at the wall and fired it back in to complete the double play.
Jul 10, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
No, Steven Matz is not an example of the futility of imposing innings limits and pitch counts on pitchers.
Jul 10, 2015, 6:56 AM EDT
There were crazy-good pitching performances galore last night.
Jul 9, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
Well. Not ALL Cardinals fans.
Jul 9, 2015, 3:10 PM EDT
“He was the one blocking the plate without the ball,” Rose said today.
Jul 9, 2015, 12:22 PM EDT
A great read about baseball’s oldest and maybe it’s most interesting pitcher.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)