Nov 5, 2014, 9:28 AM EST
Though, really, he’s not the best fit for the Mets.
Nov 5, 2014, 9:11 AM EST
We have a bad habit when it comes to players who make a lot of money. We should probably back off on that a bit.
Minnesota columnist: Paul Molitor will crack down on those wimpy players with piddly little concussions
Nov 5, 2014, 7:56 AM EST
We’re up to round 179 of “Joe Mauer is soft” in Minnesota. And it’s frankly sickening.
Nov 4, 2014, 4:02 PM EST
The Twins will be without pinstripes on their home uniforms for the first time in 28 years.
Nov 4, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
Even a 37-year-old slugger is worth something in this day and age.
Nov 4, 2014, 3:02 PM EST
Usually the top guy signs and everyone else falls into place. Who is the top guy?
Nov 4, 2014, 1:37 PM EST
He reportedly wants “big bucks.” It could be another long winter for Cruz.
Nov 4, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Two of the smartest managers in baseball aren’t fully up on the circumstances of their employment.
Nov 4, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Do not go gentle into that goodnight, Johnny.
Nov 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Winters in which the Phillies try to convince people that the old band has one more hit song left in them seem to be a thing of the past.
Nov 4, 2014, 10:31 AM EST
It was a down year for the former MVP
Nov 4, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
Instead, the Bombers are expected to focus on less expensive players like Brandon McCarthy and Chase Headley
Nov 4, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
And he gave Jimmy Fallon some underwear.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:12 AM EST
Can we maybe grow up about how we view sports figures a bit?
Nov 4, 2014, 8:40 AM EST
With team options, Francona could be in Cleveland through 2020.
Nov 4, 2014, 7:49 AM EST
Now, for just $5 you can look like Joe Maddon. If you want to for whatever reason, that is.
Nov 3, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
There are a lot of risks associated with signing Hanley Ramirez. Add one more to the pile.
Nov 3, 2014, 4:33 PM EST
He may just take it.
Nov 3, 2014, 3:51 PM EST
Maddon was not short of words or excitement during his introductory press conference.
Nov 3, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
Welcome to Chicago, Joe.
Nov 3, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
It’ll cost them $7 million for 2015. I think they’re cool with that.
Nov 3, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
He’s expected to make about $5 million a year.
Nov 3, 2014, 12:33 PM EST
One writer blames expansion.
Nov 3, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
The lefty impressed in 2014 after never getting a chance to pitch in Baltimore.
Nov 3, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
As a special assistant, unfortunately. Not as the starting shortstop.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 72
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (155)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (146)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)