Aug 15, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Who wants to, right? Well, it’s a round-number anniversary, so we’re obligated by law to do so.
Aug 15, 2014, 8:11 AM EDT
Bud Selig got his man. And in doing so, he has ensured his legacy.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 13, 2014, 5:36 PM EDT
This is the city. Port St. Luice, Florida. I work here. I’m a urine tester.
Aug 13, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
And that seems pretty wise.
Aug 13, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
I have a diabolical theory about how it happened.
Aug 13, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Yesterday we talked about the surprise Kansas City Royals. Today it’s the surprise Seattle Mariners.
Aug 13, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Personally, I’d prefer an Old Style.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
It’s fun to play God.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
Time is a flat circle.
Aug 13, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Usually those who say that baseball is dying conveniently forget that, in 1994, it actually was in trouble. So this is all very interesting.
Aug 13, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
And Mike Hampton picked Colorado for the excellent schools.
Aug 13, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
Twelve days ago the Tigers had the best rotation in baseball. Today they’re starting a dude named “Buck Farmer.”
Aug 13, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
In other news, I still have not won the Mega Millions. :-(
Aug 13, 2014, 8:18 AM EDT
Apparently it’s not just immature young players who need to learn to respect the game who have a lead foot.
Aug 13, 2014, 7:16 AM EDT
In the future, every pitcher will toss seven shutout innings for fifteen minutes — Andy Warhol.
Aug 12, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
A sigh of relief in Detroit.
Aug 12, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Josh Sale: still killing it in the minors.
Aug 12, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT
Jenna and I marvel at the first place Royals. But we wonder how long it will last.
Aug 12, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
What’s Bip Roberts got to do with this again?
Buck Showalter wants to give Derek Jeter a picture of the Jeffrey Maier home run as a retirement gift
Aug 12, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
I assume the amount of crap that Derek Jeter does not give about this quip is incalculable by current mathematics.
Aug 12, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
Here’s hoping today’s owners remember the lessons of the 1994 strike.
Aug 12, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Another short season for a talented but fragile pitcher.
Aug 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
He’s beating the deadballers at their own game.
Aug 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Allow us a brief diversion. Because depression really sucks.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)