Mar 3, 2015, 3:54 PM EDT
Unless someone gets injured, spring training game results don’t matter a bit. But they are a reminder that everyone starts from square one each season. No matter how well they ended the season before.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
He was only 52.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:34 PM EDT
Also: there is baseball — honest to goodness baseball — on TV right now.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
As a man who knows from hanging around in loungewear all day, I can tell you: this is cool.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
Will he be the same Tanaka this spring?
Mar 3, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
The million a year helped, but Chamberlain’s son provided the definitive push back to Detroit.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Which would be a little ahead of schedule.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
The Daily News is gonna Daily News
Mar 3, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Against the Nationals, on the road.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
A nice history lesson from Jack Moore at The Hardball Times.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Reds fans may wonder why anyone would WANT to be like Votto, but everyone who doesn’t listen to Marty Brennaman knows that Votto is a pretty swell guy to emulate.
Mar 3, 2015, 7:08 AM EDT
Twitter does a pretty bad job of policing threats of violence against women. Curt Schilling does a much, much better job.
Mar 2, 2015, 5:12 PM EDT
Seems a bit light as far as these things go.
Mar 2, 2015, 4:26 PM EDT
Trammell and Whitaker in Detroit? Carter and Hernandez with the Mets?
Mar 2, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
Don’t. Praise. The. Machine.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
Shocking, I know.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
Howard Johnson is right!
Mar 2, 2015, 11:09 AM EDT
It happened to Wynton Bernard anyway.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:03 AM EDT
At least one columnist thinks this is a big problem. Is it?
Mar 2, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Patrick Dubuque of The Hardball Times mounts an in-depth study of the Peanuts’ Gang’s manager.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:17 AM EDT
The lives of a couple of “Moneyball” players serves as a jumping off point for a good Monday morning rant.
Feb 27, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
It’s been a long week.
Feb 27, 2015, 4:51 PM EDT
Note: they’re not fans of this particular bit of product placement.
Feb 27, 2015, 1:50 PM EDT
New name, same luck.
Feb 27, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
Except, of course, when he does.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 0
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 5
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 24
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 29
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)