Jul 14, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
“You wanna hit grand slams today, Buster?” “Sure Madison. Can I call you Madison? That seems weird.”
Jul 14, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Perhaps the greatest trick Bud Selig ever pulled was getting people to believe that he was going to contract the Minnesota Twins.
Jul 14, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Kershaw may be the better choice, but it seems like Mike Matheny is leaning toward his own guy.
Jul 14, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Minneapolis: home to a beautiful ballpark, some fantastic musical history and a statue of a pretty gross racist jackwagon right outside the friggin’ ballpark.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The last baseball that counts for a few days. Enjoy it, folks.
Jul 13, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
One of baseball’s coolest things is about to happen, but no one will see it.
Jul 11, 2014, 5:04 PM EDT
Dirt may be turning soon at Wrigley Field
Jul 11, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Not something you see players do every day.
Jul 11, 2014, 3:26 PM EDT
Too bad he didn’t sign with Seattle or Colorado.
Jul 11, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Who’s more screwed?
Jul 11, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Including one that is actually interested in Byrd.
Jul 11, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
He could be a good fit in Seattle.
Jul 11, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
This is not the first violent incident outside of AT&T Park
Jul 11, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
It was OK. He’d have better days.
Jul 11, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton: the California Chrome of the Home Run Derby
Derek Jeter: part owner of a company that sells high-tech men’s underwear that refrigerates your genitals
Jul 11, 2014, 8:43 AM EDT
Or, as they are referred to by some: “Tempur-Pedic banana hammocks”
Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home”
Jul 11, 2014, 8:25 AM EDT
You’re lucky, Rockies fans, that King Monfort has even graced your presence with some baseball.
Jul 11, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
The scoreless streak is over for Clayton Kershaw, but the dominance remains.
Jul 10, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
Viva democracy. Especially Chicago-style democracy.
Jul 10, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Hardly anyone throws it anymore. Why?
Jul 10, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
A tough, tough break for the Cardinals and Yadier Molina.
Jul 10, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
It’s a magical realism thing: features a coach putting Jeter at second base.
Jul 10, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Could be bad news for the Reds and Bailey
Jul 10, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
A.J. Pierzynski being let go is not necessarily a white flag move. But should the Sox be sellers now?
Jul 10, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
I can see not trading him given the small return he might bring. But re-signing him?
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (191)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)