Jun 11, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
The Braves most productive hitter so far this season could miss a couple of days.
Jun 11, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
He’s counting on the current roster to pull themselves out of this muck.
Jun 11, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Gregory Polanco took his first few steps yesterday so he’s already ahead of the game.
Jun 11, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Outfield assist porn.
Jun 11, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Two other teams hold the record, actually. One is rather surprising.
Jun 11, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
That’s a team record. And a reminder that not all records are cool accomplishments.
Jun 11, 2014, 8:10 AM EDT
Cespedes’ throw had both the trajectory and the devastating effect of an intercontinental ballistic missile.
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EDT
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Jun 10, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
Baseball’s first (debatably) openly gay player could have a feature film made about him.
Jun 10, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
I’m told that those Latin players need to learn how to play the game the way American players do. Even when they’re American.
Jun 10, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Short answer: the product of the Cleveland Indians’ patience.
Jun 10, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT
Heroism in the 1978 World Series, twenty-seven wins in 1990 and a World Series ring for both the A’s and the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Manny Machado suspended for five games, Fernando Abad fined as a result of Sunday’s bat-throwing incident
Jun 10, 2014, 1:54 PM EDT
He should consider himself lucky that all he’s getting is five.
Jun 10, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
People younger than me are playing in an Old Timers Game. Fantastic.
Jun 10, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
He’s going to be suspended, that much we know. But where he goes after his suspension is an open question.
Jun 10, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
Call me crazy but . . . I kinda like ‘em?
Jun 10, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
There is a legal doctrine known as “The Baseball Rule” which gets teams off the hook when fans are injured by foul balls. Should it be abolished? Maintained? Or is there a middle ground?
Jun 10, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Lonnie Chisenhall has earned the right to be the Indians’ everyday third baseman. Which will have some ripple effects once Nick Swisher returns.
Jun 10, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
The reigning N.L. batting champ is going to be out a long, long time.
Jun 10, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
Don’t look now, but the Nats are poised to take control of the NL East.
Jun 10, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Will it stay that way all year? I doubt it. But it’s pretty nuts to see on June 10.
Jun 10, 2014, 6:28 AM EDT
Lonnie Chisenhall went 5 for 5 with 3 home runs and 9 RBI. Mercy.
Jun 9, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
That’s 13 losses in 14 games for Tampa Bay.
Jun 9, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Playing shape? Eh, he’s DHing. He’ll get in shape on the fly.
Jun 9, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)