Jan 6, 2015, 1:06 PM EST
He’s Hall of Fame quality in my book. But really, did anyone think he’d be a first ballot guy before now?
Jan 6, 2015, 11:03 AM EST
Three elected seems like a lock. There is a chance, however, that we’ll have four elected for the first time in 60 years.
Jan 6, 2015, 9:44 AM EST
Emphasis on the “can.” Because a team actually wanting Howard is largely theoretical.
Jan 6, 2015, 9:17 AM EST
“Hi, I’m Boston Red Sox outfielder Ted Williams. And when I have protected sex, I reach for Champ Prophylactics. The condom with my face on them. Er, on the box. Not on the actual condom. That’d be weird.”
Jan 6, 2015, 8:36 AM EST
There’s arrogance and then there’s Pedro Gomez arrogance.
Jan 6, 2015, 7:44 AM EST
A large dose of sanity and reason about a subject that has lent itself to unhinged hysteria.
Jan 5, 2015, 4:58 PM EST
The long and somewhat strange career of Buddy Carlyle continues.
Jan 5, 2015, 4:35 PM EST
Jon Heyman won’t vote for Mike Piazza or Jeff Bagwell because of rumors and hearsay, but as recently as a year ago he supported David Ortiz despite Big Papi once failing a drug test.
Jan 5, 2015, 2:43 PM EST
Ichiro would likely be a backup outfielder next season.
Jan 5, 2015, 1:41 PM EST
It’s good to settle this sort of thing now, while there’s time.
Jan 5, 2015, 11:42 AM EST
I think that’s the one with the Harlem Globetrotters in it.
Jan 5, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
The Hall of Fame is not about the best players anymore. Indeed, it’s not about the players at all. It’s about the voters.
Jan 5, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
The Braves deal with Cobb County continues to be highly instructive. Both as to how a ballpark deal gets done and as to how something can be wrong, even if it is permissible.
Jan 5, 2015, 8:53 AM EST
If you say now what the Sporting News said about pitcher wins in 1888, you’re labeled some sort of new age stats geek.
Jan 5, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
Jerry Green of the Detroit News has one of the oddest Hall of Fame ballots you’ll ever see.
Jan 5, 2015, 6:19 AM EST
There are other sports besides baseball apparently. Who knew?
Jan 1, 2015, 12:19 AM EST
Should auld acquaintance be forgot . . . wait, “auld?” What the heck is “auld?”
Dec 31, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Can we maybe go back to “kicking the tires” or “aggressively pursuing?”
Dec 31, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
The Reds get a left fielder. The Phillies unload at least part of a contract.
Dec 31, 2014, 12:59 PM EST
It took 16 days to finalize, but now it’s final.
Dec 31, 2014, 9:12 AM EST
Imagine a GM who does . . . nothing.
Dec 31, 2014, 7:55 AM EST
The once top prospect has lost 30-35 pounds.
Dec 30, 2014, 3:54 PM EST
Jeter was third.
Dec 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
A lot of teams are, actually.
Dec 30, 2014, 10:11 AM EST
I’m simultaneously surprised and not surprised.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)