Jul 2, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
Also: can you name the two pre-1995 World Series teams without a Hall of Fame representative?
Jul 2, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
It stinks. So does what’s happening with this lease thing too.
Jul 2, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
He didn’t pull a Vander Meer, but he’s still rolling with the shutout innings.
Jul 2, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Baseball is dying, you guys. And minor league sports are not successful.
Jul 2, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
And the Daily News decides to start a pissing match with me.
Jul 2, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
The lone charge of which Barry Bonds was convicted could soon be thrown out of court.
Jul 2, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
It wasn’t the prettiest or quickest triple play of all time, but the end result was the same.
Jul 2, 2014, 6:42 AM EDT
In today’s regretfully abbreviated version of ATH, a couple of usual scoreless performances.
Jul 1, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Teams would rather put guys on the 40-man roster than to risk them being suspended due to some backwards rules about marijuana at the minor league level.
Jul 1, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
That’s a darn fine outfield.
Jul 1, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Besides create controversy, that is.
Jul 1, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Not bad, Chip. Not bad.
Jul 1, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Drew Magary throws a speedball by you in this one.
Jul 1, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
It’s hard to think of any moment in baseball history of greater eloquence, emotion and grace:
Jul 1, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
The game is always changing. Even if people tell you otherwise.
Jul 1, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
In a good way: it was their pitchers, not their hitters.
Jul 1, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Better than Paul O’Neill did.
Jul 1, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Manny being ageless
Jul 1, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
“Full many a flower is born to blush unseen, And waste its sweetness on the desert air.” — Thomas Gray. Or William Cullen Bryant. I don’t know, I get them mixed up.
Jul 1, 2014, 6:34 AM EDT
Every ten years or so, the Tigers get a walkoff grand slam. Like, every ten years or so, basically to the week.
Jun 30, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Cashen helped build three World Series winning teams and five pennant winners overall.
Jun 30, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
This is a sexy story. But it’s not one with legs. Or with any real lessons outside of coming up with stronger passwords.
Jun 30, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
No Altuve, no justice.
Jun 30, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
They could’ve had Ichiro. They could’ve had Giancarlo Stanton. They wanted the world for Bud Norris. Oh, and by the way, the fact that we know this means that someone probably broke the law.
Jun 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
After a rocky start to the 2014 season, the Dodgers are tied for first place in the NL West with the Giants. Today we look at their June jump.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)