Mar 2, 2015, 4:26 PM EDT
Trammell and Whitaker in Detroit? Carter and Hernandez with the Mets?
Mar 2, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
Don’t. Praise. The. Machine.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
Shocking, I know.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
Howard Johnson is right!
Mar 2, 2015, 11:09 AM EDT
It happened to Wynton Bernard anyway.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:03 AM EDT
At least one columnist thinks this is a big problem. Is it?
Mar 2, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Patrick Dubuque of The Hardball Times mounts an in-depth study of the Peanuts’ Gang’s manager.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:17 AM EDT
The lives of a couple of “Moneyball” players serves as a jumping off point for a good Monday morning rant.
Feb 27, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
It’s been a long week.
Feb 27, 2015, 4:51 PM EDT
Note: they’re not fans of this particular bit of product placement.
Feb 27, 2015, 1:50 PM EDT
New name, same luck.
Feb 27, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
Except, of course, when he does.
Feb 27, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
When he’s done he’ll have played 18 years in the bigs and will be pushing 400 homers.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:35 AM EDT
Yes, this is mostly just an excuse to post a picture of Bartolo Colon
Feb 27, 2015, 9:53 AM EDT
Everyone worried that A-Rod would be a “distraction.” Well, he has been. And that’s a good thing.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:24 AM EDT
Cashman and Girardi were poked constantly yesterday. They eventually responded. And the media seems to believe this is A-Rod’s fault.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Because he wasn’t dominant enough as it was.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
But Major League Baseball is also trying to be “compassionate,” and is thus still not close to a decision.
Feb 27, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
Gehrig on going to Columbia: “I was seven years in the Freshman class!”
Feb 26, 2015, 3:40 PM EDT
But it’s a very different kind of battle.
Feb 26, 2015, 2:06 PM EDT
Shame on A-Rod for making the reporters obsess about him.
Feb 26, 2015, 1:34 PM EDT
Maybe THIS is the year he finally stops swinging at everything
Feb 26, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
It’s been two and a half years, but it still leaves a “dirty taste” in his mouth.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
He also (a) wants to emulate Greg Maddux; and (b) asked Sandy Koufax about his curveball.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Welcome to 2002, Ruben Amaro!
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 9
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 118
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 31
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)