Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
Jun 28, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Could you turn down a guaranteed $75 million? Gregory Polanco has. And may continue to do so, for good reason.
Jun 28, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
He’s day-to-day. At least that’s what the Braves hope.
Jun 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
It’s really not important who the closer is on a last place team. Well, except for the closer that is.
Jun 28, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Shovel throws are cool. Jump-throws are cool. Plays containing both of them are really, really cool.
Jun 28, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
He’s out, right? He ran out of the baseline, didn’t he?
Jun 28, 2014, 7:33 AM EDT
Jose Abreu went deep twice and finished the night tied for the major league lead in homers with 25.
Jun 27, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
It’s Friday after five. Time for MLB’s bad news dump.
Jun 27, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Got any supportive comments to issue in a press release today, Bud?
Jun 27, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
COST?! NO MAN CAN SAY!
Jun 27, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
In his defense, he does have a pretty face. He’s a really handsome guy.
Jun 27, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
The future may be coming to Boston faster than expected.
Jun 27, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Boy, Keith, you sure showed us who’s tough.
Closing arguments held in the Bryan Stow civil case — both sides blame alcohol as a contributing factor
Jun 27, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
And now it’s in the jury’s hands.
Jun 27, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
That boy ain’t right.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:34 AM EDT
Great Moments in the Pacific Coast League
Jun 27, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Josh Beckett: More than gravy
Jun 27, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
You’ll wonder how your life was complete before hearing this story and you’ll conclude that, no, it was not complete.
Jun 27, 2014, 6:51 AM EDT
Dear Chase: I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so alike. I’d like to meet you one day, it would be great to have a catch. I know I can’t throw as fast as you but I think you’d be impressed with my speed.
Jun 26, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Come for the data, stay for the hilarious A.J. Pierzynski anecdote.
Jun 26, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
I have no idea what it is with former New York catchers that make them so certain that everyone else on the planet is dumb, but between him and Paul Lo Duca, they have that market cornered.
Jun 26, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
What, you thought Jeff Manship would be the stylin’, profilin’, limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin’ n’ dealin’ son of a gun?
Jun 26, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
If Deep Thought from “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” comes to mind, well, you’re not alone.
Jun 26, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
He won’t be gone for too long, but he will be gone.
Jun 26, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
Good news for a great pitcher.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 0
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 14
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)