Aug 13, 2014, 5:36 PM EDT
This is the city. Port St. Luice, Florida. I work here. I’m a urine tester.
Aug 13, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
And that seems pretty wise.
Aug 13, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
I have a diabolical theory about how it happened.
Aug 13, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Yesterday we talked about the surprise Kansas City Royals. Today it’s the surprise Seattle Mariners.
Aug 13, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Personally, I’d prefer an Old Style.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
It’s fun to play God.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
Time is a flat circle.
Aug 13, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Usually those who say that baseball is dying conveniently forget that, in 1994, it actually was in trouble. So this is all very interesting.
Aug 13, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
And Mike Hampton picked Colorado for the excellent schools.
Aug 13, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
Twelve days ago the Tigers had the best rotation in baseball. Today they’re starting a dude named “Buck Farmer.”
Aug 13, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
In other news, I still have not won the Mega Millions. :-(
Aug 13, 2014, 8:18 AM EDT
Apparently it’s not just immature young players who need to learn to respect the game who have a lead foot.
Aug 13, 2014, 7:16 AM EDT
In the future, every pitcher will toss seven shutout innings for fifteen minutes — Andy Warhol.
Aug 12, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
A sigh of relief in Detroit.
Aug 12, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Josh Sale: still killing it in the minors.
Aug 12, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT
Jenna and I marvel at the first place Royals. But we wonder how long it will last.
Aug 12, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
What’s Bip Roberts got to do with this again?
Buck Showalter wants to give Derek Jeter a picture of the Jeffrey Maier home run as a retirement gift
Aug 12, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
I assume the amount of crap that Derek Jeter does not give about this quip is incalculable by current mathematics.
Aug 12, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
Here’s hoping today’s owners remember the lessons of the 1994 strike.
Aug 12, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Another short season for a talented but fragile pitcher.
Aug 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
He’s beating the deadballers at their own game.
Aug 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Allow us a brief diversion. Because depression really sucks.
Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 AM EDT
The Kansas City Royals are in first place. In mid-August. This is nor a drill.
Aug 8, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
More injury woes for Tex.
Aug 8, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Everything you want to know about how your favorite park stacks up in terms of craft beer offerings.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 1
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 15
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 44
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)