Jan 22, 2015, 2:00 PM EST
Jeff Hoffman’s name has been discussed.
Jan 22, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
And sandwiched an awful lot of winning on either side of that time in the wilderness.
Jan 22, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
Sorry, Phillies fans.
Jan 22, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
He’s still available, you guys.
Jan 22, 2015, 11:03 AM EST
All Mets fans, on some level, are dead inside. But eventually all Mets fans will be literally dead. When that happens, we have the perfect gift for them.
Jan 22, 2015, 9:50 AM EST
If only there was a person whose job it was to provide leadership for a team and make sure the clubhouse doesn’t get out of control.
Jan 22, 2015, 9:28 AM EST
Daniel Norris is the leader in the clubhouse at the “Craig’s favorite young player” Open.
Jan 22, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
Nick Hundley is in Colorado for a reason.
Jan 22, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
Paging a Mr. Godwin. Godwin, please go to the nearest white courtesy phone.
Jan 22, 2015, 7:46 AM EST
Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt.
Jan 21, 2015, 4:01 PM EST
Seems like that’s about as much as Ichiro can expect at this point.
Jan 21, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
Bud Selig leaves office on Sunday. Let’s give the man his due.
Jan 21, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
There’s a reason why these things get renewed with little if any fuss these days.
The 18th greatest GM of all time was the son of the “Well, nobody’s perfect!” guy in “Some Like it Hot”
Jan 21, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
And he was pretty good at building baseball teams, too.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:32 AM EST
He last pitched in the bigs in 2011. He was last effective in the bigs in 2006.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:03 AM EST
Commercials wouldn’t be reduced, but players would have to be ready to play as soon as the commercials are over.
Jan 21, 2015, 9:55 AM EST
Specifically: not many folks in Los Angeles will be able to see the Dodgers.
Jan 21, 2015, 9:12 AM EST
They could have their ace for more than half the season if things go right.
Jan 21, 2015, 8:26 AM EST
I really can’t wait to read the angry hot takes about A-Rod and Bonds, but I must at least try to head them off at the pass.
Jan 21, 2015, 7:36 AM EST
After years of saying the PED guys were way worse than him, now he thinks they belong in the Hall of Fame.
Jan 20, 2015, 4:29 PM EST
Lee MacPhail built a mini-dynasty in Baltimore and helped the Yankees recover from the crumbling of their own dynasty.
Jan 20, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
He’ll cost little so he’s pretty low-risk.
Jan 20, 2015, 2:33 PM EST
This man should live someplace crazier than a McMansion in Sherman Oaks.
Jan 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
The Giants did the same thing over the weekend.
Jan 20, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
Be it in Kansas City or New York.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 77
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (78)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)