Sep 29, 2014, 9:39 AM EDT
The old man keeps chugging along.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Making an awful song serve something so wonderful is where the magic lies herein.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 26, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
And it could be over as of Sunday. Now, let us consider Buddy Carlyle.
Sep 26, 2014, 12:18 PM EDT
He pitched through pain all year, but he can’t do it anymore.
Sep 26, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
Great Moments in the Memorabilia Industry
Sep 26, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
It makes sense given their roster. But can Braun’s bat rebound enough to justify him playing first base?
Sep 26, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
It’s been a crappy year for the Red Sox, but it ends with at least a bit of a glimpse of what the future holds.
Sep 26, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
He’ll be examined by team doctors today.
Sep 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Everyone was watching Jeter last night.
Sep 26, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
If you don’t like Hunter Pence, regardless of who you root for, I really have no use for you.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
They spent five months in first place. Now they’ll be home for October.
Sep 25, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The same Phil Nevin who, in 1992, was drafted ahead of Derek Jeter. I mean, that’s relevant here, right?
Sep 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Watch as Jenna notes how friggin’ old I am. And also look at the Derek Jeter tribute cap someone sent me that looks like Yankee Stadium threw up on it.
Sep 25, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
To be their GM. Not to pitch. Although he’ll be an improvement in both roles.
Sep 25, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
This is not a joke post. This is very serious, in fact.
Sep 25, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
I’d like to think we’ll be able to carry on. But I don’t know if we can. Dammit, I JUST DO NOT KNOW.
Sep 25, 2014, 11:22 AM EDT
After sixteen years in Chicago and an eighteen year career in the bigs, Paul Konerko is saying goodbye on Sunday.
Sep 25, 2014, 10:28 AM EDT
And given that Ruben Amaro doesn’t seem too eager to tear down and rebuild, is it such a bad idea?
Sep 25, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
An MRI reveals it. Also: why did he just get the MRI now?
Sep 25, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
Some guys are star struck.
Sep 25, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Someone go get Plaschke a fainting couch.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)