Sep 10, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
The Yankees dim playoff hopes get dimmer as their best hitter looks to be on the shelf for a while.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Great. There goes my shot to manage the Astros.
Sep 10, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Specifically: bringing in the walls in right-center.
Sep 10, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
And basically says that no one cares about records anymore. Which is the sort of thing a lot of 60-somethings like to say.
Sep 10, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
An out on the basepaths killed a Royals would-be rally.
Sep 10, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Wally Backman has been an important part of the Mets organization. Which is a bit of a problem for the people who like to sell the idea that the Mets are blackballing him.
Sep 10, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
We’re still, apparently, in The Land of Murky when it comes to plays at the plate.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EDT
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Sep 9, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
And I somehow get emotional about this.
Sep 9, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
He’s not yet up to the same number of simulated games as real games this year, but it’s getting close.
Sep 9, 2014, 3:27 PM EDT
On the bright side, they may be running out of things to put a logo on at the MLB offices.
Sep 9, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
That’s way more than I expected.
Sep 9, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
It’s not one thing with the Oakland Athletics’ ongoing collapse: it’s everything.
Sep 9, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Sandy Alderson preaches prudence and patience. A lot of Mets fans are probably getting tired of this.
Sep 9, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
The independent leagues can be gimmicky. But they also can be laboratories.
Sep 9, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Good to see the future Hall-of-Famer on the mend.
Sep 9, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
There aren’t many two-way players anymore. There’s a pretty good one in Japan.
Sep 9, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Maybe they’re reacting now. But better to react here than to react the next time a ballplayer commits and act of violence.
Sep 9, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
We feel the same way, Clayton.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Looks like he picked the wrong week to — [16 ton weight falls on Craig's head]
Sep 8, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
MLB is prepared to tweak a rule on the fly once again.
Sep 8, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
And, for that matter, policies regarding all manner of off-the-field conduct. Partially because it’s simply good leadership. But mostly because it’s the right thing to do.
Sep 8, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Could we see bundled up umps during next year’s fall classic?
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)