Nov 17, 2014, 11:29 AM EST
The Stanton deal is huge. But don’t listen to those who claim it is insane.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
The once-excellent closer has been completely ineffective for years now. Someone will still likely invite him to spring training, however.
Nov 17, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Neither did we, Doc. But we’re glad you did.
Nov 17, 2014, 9:51 AM EST
As a ballpark, the cold and drafty Candlestick Park will make for a nice retail center.
Nov 17, 2014, 9:03 AM EST
Man, he’s TOTALLY gonna miss the meconium!
Nov 17, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
A Detroit columnist really sticks it to “The Sabremetrics fanatics”
Nov 17, 2014, 7:23 AM EST
Yeah, I’ll believe it when I see it. And even then I may not believe it for a little bit.
Nov 15, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Dude, just . . . no.
Nov 15, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
Which is kind of neat, even if it reminds us how weird scoops are.
Nov 15, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
So . . . they’re leaving downtown?
Nov 15, 2014, 2:49 PM EST
Personally, I tend to take sides of the people who aren’t admitted drug dealers.
Nov 15, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
The 19-year-old is one step away from making some serious money in Major League Baseball
Nov 15, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
For the first time in a long time the Mets are talking about winning. Not just talking about thinking about winning.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
A man who lied about his PED use and then, later, admitted to only what he had been caught red-handed doing says that A-Rod needs to “just get everything out.”
Nov 15, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
He’ll be sidelined for 3-4 weeks
Nov 15, 2014, 7:38 AM EST
One of them was this fellow, Kazuhisa Makita. Who I suspect may be a bit of a submarine pitcher.
Nov 13, 2014, 5:22 PM EST
Is this real life?
Nov 13, 2014, 4:52 PM EST
Fifteen pounds of muscle for the once and possibly future Mets closer.
Nov 13, 2014, 3:38 PM EST
He could be signed by this weekend.
Nov 13, 2014, 2:36 PM EST
He managed both the Giants and the Athletics to the World Series.
Nov 13, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
It’d be great for people who like big fancy corporate-sponsored parties. But beyond that it wouldn’t do much for baseball.
Nov 13, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
And I can’t even mock it. It’s actually pretty smart.
Nov 13, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
He did not, however, say how that would be accomplished.
Nov 13, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
We’re now on year four of Mets/Supermarket analogies.
Nov 13, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
This time it’s Jon Niese who gets the treatment.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (151)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)