Jun 6, 2014, 6:08 AM EDT
The Giants and Jays keep rolling merrily along. And Travis Wood [all together now] helps his own cause.
Jun 5, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
As soon as the draft kicks off tonight, Kendrys Morales will be free of the draft pick compensation hanging over him.
Jun 5, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
And Alfonso Soriano finally got a hit.
Jun 5, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Baseball man and, in many ways, a bit of a transformative figure in coaching.
Jun 5, 2014, 1:37 PM EDT
A lot of teams with big expectations are flailing. Which of them still have a pulse? Which ones are as dead as vaudeville?
Jun 5, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
May as well just make ‘em all free agents.
Jun 5, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
It’s from 2001, but still serves as a fantastic remembrance.
Jun 5, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Just a precautionary day off for the Jays’ slugger.
Jun 5, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
Turn out the lights, the party’s over.
Jun 5, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Some outside-the-box thinking from The Economist.
Jun 5, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
For the second day in a row, a big league pitcher tosses a flawless inning.
Jun 5, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
There are “baseball men.” But there was probably no greater baseball man than Don Zimmer.
Jun 5, 2014, 8:12 AM EDT
June 2014 sounds an awful lot like June 2013 for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Can Don Mattingly survive it with his job once again?
Jun 5, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
The Indians, A’s and Jays are surging. The Yankees, Rays and Braves are reeling. The Padres won a game despite getting only one hit. As Earl Weaver once said: Baseball: we do this every day, lady.
Jun 4, 2014, 4:24 PM EDT
Takes a record chaser to know a record chaser, dude.
Jun 4, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
It would’ve been an unexpected early trade of a guy of Johnson’s stature.
Jun 4, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
In other news, people still do crosswords.
Jun 4, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
The answer hinges on whether you think the Phillies suffer from T.D.D. Confused? You won’t be . . . after this episode of HBT Daily!
Jun 4, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
The Yankees seem to be lowering the standards for entry to Monument Park. I think I’m OK with this. How about you?
Jun 4, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
I’d buy that for a dollar.
Jun 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
A man who had his elbow examined and . . . survived!
Jun 4, 2014, 10:34 AM EDT
This was expected, but it’s still bad news.
Jun 4, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Ah, the 70s. They were a simpler time. An awful, awful time, but simpler too.
Jun 4, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
It Jose Abreu hits the ball in the air, there’s a good chance it’s goin’ out.
Jun 4, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)