Jun 4, 2014, 4:24 PM EDT
Takes a record chaser to know a record chaser, dude.
Jun 4, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
It would’ve been an unexpected early trade of a guy of Johnson’s stature.
Jun 4, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
In other news, people still do crosswords.
Jun 4, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
The answer hinges on whether you think the Phillies suffer from T.D.D. Confused? You won’t be . . . after this episode of HBT Daily!
Jun 4, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
The Yankees seem to be lowering the standards for entry to Monument Park. I think I’m OK with this. How about you?
Jun 4, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
I’d buy that for a dollar.
Jun 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
A man who had his elbow examined and . . . survived!
Jun 4, 2014, 10:34 AM EDT
This was expected, but it’s still bad news.
Jun 4, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Ah, the 70s. They were a simpler time. An awful, awful time, but simpler too.
Jun 4, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
It Jose Abreu hits the ball in the air, there’s a good chance it’s goin’ out.
Jun 4, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Jun 4, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Dude, the sign said “beware of flying objects leaving the playing field.” So really, it’s your fault.
Jun 4, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Henderson Alvarez has three shutouts. Three shutouts was enough to be the full-season leader in that category in five of the past 11 seasons.
Jun 3, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Including hit 50 Cent’s first pitch from last week.
Jun 3, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence, Denard.
Jun 3, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
At their heart, the unwritten rules are exactly what rules cannot be and be taken seriously: irrational.
Jun 3, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
And Andrew McCutchen takes a tumble. But don’t worry: Ryan Braun took a bigger one.
Jun 3, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
It’s not often a team’s bench coach rips the team a new one. But Larry Bowa isn’t your typical bench coach.
Jun 3, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carolyn Manno and I talk about baseball superstitions.
Jun 3, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
In an age of billionaire sports owners, how could a ballplayer worth a measly couple hundred million obtain some power?
Jun 3, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Matt Harvey is, generally speaking, not allowed to have a life. So it should be fun if/when he goes to a Stanley Cup Final game on the same day he throws from a mound for the first time.
Jun 3, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
And he’s probably going to be playing some left field.
Jun 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
And that could take the Yankees off the Kendrys Morales patrol.
Jun 3, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Jun 3, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
That’s not my opinion. That’s what recent history strongly suggests.
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 3
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 20
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 26
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 17
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 59
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 43
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)