Oct 20, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
The second baseman, that is, not the Marlins pitcher.
Oct 20, 2014, 11:38 AM EST
College and Major Leagues, that is.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
You’d think such knowledge would be pretty valuable to have. Maybe they should license it to other sports teams.
Oct 20, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
History’s Greatest Monster strikes again
Oct 20, 2014, 9:23 AM EST
His new employer is, apparently, quite generous with allowing vacation time.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:47 AM EST
Frank White is possibly the Royals most popular player in franchise history. But he and the team have not been on speaking terms for several years. And not even an A.L. Pennant has changed that.
Oct 20, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Four full days off before the World Series has all of us hurting for content, frankly.
Oct 17, 2014, 4:18 PM EST
His last stop was as the Padres general manager. Before that, Arizona.
Oct 17, 2014, 3:10 PM EST
Friedman says he and Don Mattingly’s thoughts are “very aligned.
Oct 17, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
I wonder what Lorde would think.
Oct 17, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
It’s only ’04, but is it too early to call the Giants The Team of the Decade?
Oct 17, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Well, that’s certainly an opinion to have.
Oct 17, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
Not that the Tigers aren’t being cautious.
Oct 17, 2014, 10:55 AM EST
The Giants’ ballpark is home to one of the fanciest private clubs in the majors.
Oct 17, 2014, 9:33 AM EST
Big Game James only has a couple of big games left for Kansas City
Oct 17, 2014, 9:10 AM EST
Overall: a good crew.
Oct 17, 2014, 8:40 AM EST
You can’t save a game if you lose it before a save situation arises.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:26 AM EST
A handy checklist to help you decide who to root for in the Fall Classic
Oct 16, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
He’s 26 and is said to have great plate discipline.
Oct 16, 2014, 3:28 PM EST
If you’re missing some Big Papi in your life, you’re in luck.
Oct 16, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
If you’ve ever sat out there while sober and over the age of 35, you’re probably OK with this.
Oct 16, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
It’s time for Mike Matheny to manage with a bit of urgency.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
In baseball, health is out. Debilitating injuries are in. And the Dodgers play maimed-ball best.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 50
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 78
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 137
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (138)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)