May 19, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Masset was DFA’d by the Marlins three days ago.
May 19, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
For a season that, for him, never began.
May 19, 2015, 11:08 AM EDT
The Yankees’ Opening Day starter could be back with the big club by the end of the month.
May 19, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
But where will the infielder play?
May 19, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Notable in that, at the time suspensions were announced, someone in authority actually said, in effect, “Hey, don’t throw at guys! You could hurt someone!”
May 19, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
A depth move for the Mariners.
May 19, 2015, 9:18 AM EDT
May 19, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
He went 0-for-3 with a walk, two runs scored, a nice defensive play and, unfortunately, an error which allowed a run to score.
May 19, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Or: youth is a state of mind.
May 19, 2015, 6:10 AM EDT
Not a full schedule yesterday but all but one game was decided by one run. And Josh Donaldson probably needs to have his mouth washed out with Lifebuoy.
May 18, 2015, 4:31 PM EDT
Third deck shot and it got out in a hurry.
May 18, 2015, 3:59 PM EDT
Except naming himself manager wasn’t the craziest thing he ever did.
May 18, 2015, 2:54 PM EDT
This man has written books. That were published and stuff.
May 18, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Maybe it’s because he’s a White Sox fan so screw the Cubs. Maybe it’s politics.
May 18, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
That, allegedly, Jeff Loria had nothing to do with.
May 18, 2015, 11:01 AM EDT
He’s not wrong.
May 18, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
Baseball isn’t dying, you guys.
May 18, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
Lots of people would like to see baseball return to Montreal. Meetings like this may not make it happen alone, but they’re a start.
May 18, 2015, 8:58 AM EDT
He now has as many homers and more RBI than he had in all of 2014.
May 18, 2015, 7:38 AM EDT
Naming your GM — who hasn’t coached baseball since running a high school team in the mid-1980s — is unconventional. Not considering minority candidates is violative of the Selig Rule. But then again, these are the Marlins, and they do what they want.
May 18, 2015, 6:01 AM EDT
I know, Shelby. I can’t believe the “Mad Men” finale either.
May 15, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
A big hurdle cleared
May 15, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
When you actually ask young players why they steered away from baseball, they mention scholarships before bat flips.
May 15, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
Some more on the richness of meaningless baseball.
May 15, 2015, 8:25 AM EDT
The Dodgers are a good team but their bullpen let one go last night.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)