Jan 21, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
Seems like that’s about as much as Ichiro can expect at this point.
Jan 21, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Bud Selig leaves office on Sunday. Let’s give the man his due.
Jan 21, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
There’s a reason why these things get renewed with little if any fuss these days.
The 18th greatest GM of all time was the son of the “Well, nobody’s perfect!” guy in “Some Like it Hot”
Jan 21, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
And he was pretty good at building baseball teams, too.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
He last pitched in the bigs in 2011. He was last effective in the bigs in 2006.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Commercials wouldn’t be reduced, but players would have to be ready to play as soon as the commercials are over.
Jan 21, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
Specifically: not many folks in Los Angeles will be able to see the Dodgers.
Jan 21, 2015, 9:12 AM EDT
They could have their ace for more than half the season if things go right.
Jan 21, 2015, 8:26 AM EDT
I really can’t wait to read the angry hot takes about A-Rod and Bonds, but I must at least try to head them off at the pass.
Jan 21, 2015, 7:36 AM EDT
After years of saying the PED guys were way worse than him, now he thinks they belong in the Hall of Fame.
Jan 20, 2015, 4:29 PM EDT
Lee MacPhail built a mini-dynasty in Baltimore and helped the Yankees recover from the crumbling of their own dynasty.
Jan 20, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
He’ll cost little so he’s pretty low-risk.
Jan 20, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
This man should live someplace crazier than a McMansion in Sherman Oaks.
Jan 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
The Giants did the same thing over the weekend.
Jan 20, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Be it in Kansas City or New York.
Jan 20, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
Some are trying.
Jan 20, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
The lefty has lost 15 pounds
Jan 20, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
I’ve got the same combination on my luggage!
Jan 20, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
At least their owner did.
Jan 20, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
Before 1963, no one watching sports would say “hold on, let’s see that again.”
Jan 20, 2015, 8:28 AM EDT
They Yankees have won four World Series and a boatload of wins on his watch. But how much of that success is attributable to Brian Cashman?
Major League Baseball puts Fred Wilpon in charge of its finance committee. No, really. I’m not joking.
Jan 20, 2015, 7:38 AM EDT
If you think Fred Wilpon’s teflon status with Major League Baseball is over now that his friend Bud Selig is no longer in charge, think again.
Jan 15, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
It wasn’t Dante. But he’s in the conversation.
Jan 15, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
The Cubs’ first baseman doesn’t lack confidence.
Jan 15, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Missed opportunities, man. Missed opportunities.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 0
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 15
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)