Jul 8, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
There were fireworks in the 11th inning in Washington last night, but there were also five shutouts around the bigs as the new era of the pitcher continues.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Like we said earlier today: the so-called snubs have a way of working themselves out.
Jul 7, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
It’s Herschel “Boog” Powell. Who, as an outfielder, has three home runs in 174 minor league games, so that nickname had better be ironic.
Jul 7, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Not that anyone was aware of this before. Of course now that he’s sued we know all about this guy.
Jul 7, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Come for the conversation, stay to admire the new poster I have up behind me in my little basement studio. Yes, I realize it’s crooked.
Jul 7, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
There Is No Such Thing As A Pitching Prospect
Jul 7, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
There are eight days until the All-Star Game. Almost all of these “snubs” will work themselves out.
Jul 7, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
I have seen the future of gettin’ beers at ballparks. And it’s name is DraftServ
Jul 7, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
I feel like a list of “Pete Rose’s Firm Beliefs” would be a pretty fun read. I mean, after “always hit in 16″ I’m not sure what they’d be, but still.
Jul 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Not a bad day at — and after — the ballpark yesterday for Blue Jays farmhand Andy Burns.
Jul 7, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
The Orioles manager talks about glass houses in the wake of Lackey’s words about players with PED pasts.
Jul 7, 2014, 8:24 AM EDT
Could be sweat + rosin. Could be nothing. But it’s interesting.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
Jul 4, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
The reeling Giants get one of their best bats back
Jul 4, 2014, 11:24 AM EDT
It’s been a dark couple of weeks for baseball radio guys
Jul 4, 2014, 10:46 AM EDT
I’m curious to see how he does up in the Rocky Mountains.
Jul 4, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
The Dodgers starters strike out more batters than almost everyone else. They walk fewer than everyone else. That’s a pretty good way to live life.
Jul 4, 2014, 9:04 AM EDT
Baseball needs to make an immediate fix to prevent a situation like the one which occurred in Oakland yesterday from happening again.
Jul 3, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
You should go to the Rays game tonight. For a good time . . . for a good time YEAH!
Jul 3, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
You’re not fooling anyone you know, now get in the cart.
Jul 3, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
At least $36 million is at stake for the parties but so far nothing has been decided.
Ernesto Frieri and Jason Grilli ran into each other at an O’Hare Airport bathroom after being traded
Jul 3, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
No word on whether one of them asked the other to spare a square.
Jul 3, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
You can smoke your way on to the 40-man roster. But you had better not smoke once you’re DFA’d off of it.
The A’s and Oakland poised to strike a deal. Thanks to Bud Selig saying the A’s could leave town immediately
Jul 3, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
He approved a move to Bluff City, U.S.A., but whatever works.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)