Feb 25, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
He also seems to have a higher opinion of his skill set than his current skill set warrants.
San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks
Feb 25, 2015, 6:08 AM EDT
If these laws are passed, it would be illegal for anyone to use smokeless tobacco on any ball field, from tee-ball on up to Dodger Stadium. What say you, America?
Feb 24, 2015, 4:40 PM EDT
We should probably start a “Dumb A-Rod Quote of the Day” feature around here, because they’re coming every single day.
Feb 24, 2015, 3:43 PM EDT
Not exactly big news, but it is our first injury of spring training, so we should make note of it.
Feb 24, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
That’s one for you, nineteen for me . . .
Feb 24, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Which can happen sometimes when you’re in the desert.
Feb 24, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
Last year’s experiment in which Ramirez was a player/coach for the Cubs’ Triple-A team was a success. Now it’s a real job.
Feb 24, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Coming off the season he just had, it’s probably good that he is.
Feb 24, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The Iron Man says nothing like what Zaun described ever happened. And Brady Anderson backs him up on that.
Feb 24, 2015, 9:25 AM EDT
After sitting out 2014, a slimmed-down Blanton is back.
Feb 24, 2015, 8:54 AM EDT
But don’t bet on it.
Feb 24, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
More importantly: Puig is vowing to show up earlier and be better about listening to his coaches and teammates.
Feb 24, 2015, 7:12 AM EDT
The 29-year-old right hander is back in Detroit on a major league deal pending a physical.
Feb 23, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT
As if it matters in any way, shape or form.
Feb 23, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Matt Railey, come on down!
Feb 23, 2015, 3:04 PM EDT
What thing that is: unclear.
Feb 23, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
Because everything he does bothers someone.
Feb 23, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
We’ll let science decide.
Feb 23, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
On the bright side, however: he’s in the BSOHRML. Read the article to learn what that means.
Feb 23, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
He won’t be batting leadoff in St. Louis. He sounds happy about that.
Feb 23, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
The first day of full workouts is about as low stress as it gets for managers all season. I suppose that explains the plainspokenness.
Feb 23, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
A long affiliation is coming to an end.
Feb 23, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Only 13 more seasons left in the Trop, Rays fans!
Feb 23, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Baseball-Reference.com doesn’t list player minutes because that would be silly. But the Pirates are thinking, in their own way, about such things.
Feb 23, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
He’s not in camp yet, but he’s been hitting at home and tells his manager that he’s pain-free.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)