Jan 15, 2015, 12:04 PM EDT
And you thought the Mets were cheapskates based on their payroll alone.
Jan 15, 2015, 11:46 AM EDT
He envisions a unified American baseball effort, with MLB at the top.
Jan 15, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
And he had already built a champion before that.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:36 AM EDT
In which a voter invokes the character clause because a guy is a “jerk.”
Jan 15, 2015, 9:38 AM EDT
What does God need with a starship? What does a rebuilding team need with an elite closer?
Jan 15, 2015, 9:11 AM EDT
Even the most innocuous statements from Yankees brass can set the rumor mill ablaze
Jan 15, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Good problem solving usually means attempting the least-intrusive solutions first. Baseball does not appear to be doing that.
Jan 15, 2015, 6:59 AM EDT
Assuming, of course, the MLBPA approves what the owners are reported to propose this week.
Jan 14, 2015, 4:37 PM EDT
Moore remains on schedule for a June return.
Jan 14, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
El Oso Blanco is heading to Houston
Jan 14, 2015, 2:03 PM EDT
Is this in response to Dave Stewart?
Jan 14, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Which is a lot of activity for Chapman in the offseason.
Jan 14, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Yes, a lot of Yankees and Red Sox. But who cares?
Jan 14, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
But I may be biased and less-than-objective about that.
Jan 14, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
“If a cow can’t eat it, I don’t want to play on it.” — Dick Allen
Jan 14, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
He’d cost nothing to give a look-see, of course.
Jan 14, 2015, 9:43 AM EDT
It’s this man’s last rodeo.
Jan 14, 2015, 9:13 AM EDT
Life has dealt John Hirschbeck more blows than it deals most people. But it hasn’t stopped him.
Jan 14, 2015, 8:38 AM EDT
Larry MacPhail’s efforts to keep baseball a whites-only affair is well-documented. And, of course, he is in the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
In TV’s alternate universe, is David Eckstein a lawyer?
Jan 13, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
Which, shockingly, was not already a universal practice in Major League Baseball.
Jan 13, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
It’s $1,000. Want one?
Jan 13, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
You can drink, but not when you’re 18. You can yell at some guy for messing with your girlfriend, but you can’t break into their house in the middle of the night to do it. There are rules, dude.
Jan 13, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
There are “false” baseball teams? Who knew?
Jan 13, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
A small move for a very tall pitcher.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)