Feb 9, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Feb 9, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
With a cameo appearance from Alex Rodriguez!
The fifth greatest general manager of all time built a team that won 14 of 16 pennants. Then he was fired.
Feb 9, 2015, 11:22 AM EDT
He’s the man who put Berra, Mantle and Ford together. Those were some fairly decent teams.
Feb 9, 2015, 10:11 AM EDT
Haters gonna hate.
Feb 9, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Baseball season needs to start soon.
Feb 9, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Padres fans have never had a ton to get excited about. That has changed this winter.
Feb 9, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Know we know which injured Texas Ranger is doing better.
Feb 9, 2015, 7:54 AM EDT
He’ll be a player-manager for a Japanese independent team.
Feb 6, 2015, 4:19 PM EDT
It’s not personal. It’s business.
Feb 6, 2015, 3:19 PM EDT
Some people just talk about wanting to see Don Mattingly grow his mustache back. Here at HardballTalk, we do the work to make that happen.
Feb 6, 2015, 3:01 PM EDT
Yeah, good luck with that, Rob.
Feb 6, 2015, 2:23 PM EDT
As in, they gave them high school diplomas.
Feb 6, 2015, 12:35 PM EDT
A lot of folks, actually. His manager, his general manager and the team’s broadcaster, for example.
Feb 6, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
He did some good things too.
Feb 6, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Actually, I’m not buying that. Help me out, Boston people.
Feb 6, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
This is not exactly a blockbuster.
Feb 6, 2015, 9:12 AM EDT
The Jays’ infielder will make $1.675 million in 2015.
Feb 6, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
His manager says so, so he is.
Feb 6, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
We’ve gotten used to this look from Butler. His new look? Not so much.
Feb 5, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
It’ll be called “Behind the Numbers: Baseball SABR Style.”
Feb 5, 2015, 3:27 PM EDT
He still can become a free agent after 2017. This merely gives the Sox cost certainty.
Feb 5, 2015, 2:08 PM EDT
The typical recovery time on this is 4-6 weeks.
Feb 5, 2015, 1:18 PM EDT
Something of a vote of confidence from his boss.
Feb 5, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
He has been compared to Miguel Cabrera. Now he has something else in common with the guy.
Feb 5, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
And he was named “Buzzie.” You have to be a badass to pull off “Buzzie.”
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 4
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 30
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (105)