May 18, 2015, 7:38 AM EDT
Naming your GM — who hasn’t coached baseball since running a high school team in the mid-1980s — is unconventional. Not considering minority candidates is violative of the Selig Rule. But then again, these are the Marlins, and they do what they want.
May 18, 2015, 6:01 AM EDT
I know, Shelby. I can’t believe the “Mad Men” finale either.
May 15, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
A big hurdle cleared
May 15, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
When you actually ask young players why they steered away from baseball, they mention scholarships before bat flips.
May 15, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
Some more on the richness of meaningless baseball.
May 15, 2015, 8:25 AM EDT
The Dodgers are a good team but their bullpen let one go last night.
May 15, 2015, 6:47 AM EDT
The Rockies snapped their losing streak thanks to a late Carlos Gonzalez blast.
May 14, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
May 14, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
Omar Vizquel wore Luis Aparicio’s number. Why can’t someone else — someone deemed worthy — wear the retired number of someone else?
May 14, 2015, 2:54 PM EDT
They’re calling it shoulder tendinitis, which is Latin for “dude can’t pitch at all right now.”
May 14, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Bat-flips and celebrations are still considered bad form because baseball’s structure reinforces a very white and very old school culture.
May 14, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
A-Rod continues to play the diplomat.
May 14, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
We all root for laundry anyway, so why not make the laundry mean a little more?
May 14, 2015, 10:04 AM EDT
Two of the fantastic plays actually coming on the same play.
May 14, 2015, 9:19 AM EDT
Buddy Carlyle is a Marriott Man.
May 14, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Your mid-50s-year-old drunk uncle who peaked during Reagan’s first term and has hated everything since has some questions about Corey Kluber’s toughness.
May 13, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Nice move, Orioles.
Listen to Vin Scully tell a story about Satchel Paige, Whitey Herzog and a bet over a bottle of bourbon
May 13, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
“Yes, Wild Child . . .”
May 13, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
May 13, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
And for that we should be very, very grateful.
May 13, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Let’s talk about what words mean, shall we?
May 13, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Look what Giancarlo Stanton did to the dang moon!
May 12, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Time to work on your breaking stuff, pitchers!
May 12, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
For 35 years the Orioles didn’t have “Baltimore” appear on even their road jerseys. They’ve never had it on their home duds. Last night they did, however, and did so to make a statement.
May 12, 2015, 9:37 AM EDT
MLB reminds the world that “hey, at least our balls are in order.”
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 62
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 41
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)