Aug 28, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Whatever motivates you, Albert.
Aug 28, 2014, 8:51 AM EDT
Which is kind of weird when you think about it.
Aug 28, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
He feels like the current rules make a pitcher guess as to how long the replay review will last and thus force him to gamble on whether or not to throw warmup pitches.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 27, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Which, despite the name of it, usually isn’t as serious as a lot of other stuff that can afflict pitchers.
Aug 27, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Offerman ended a man’s career by hitting him with a bat. Now he has to pay for it.
Aug 27, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
The league that has no HGH testing and never gets criticized for its drug policies, has suspended a guy for a year for using a substance that is legal in two of the 22 states in which the NFL operates.
Aug 27, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Alex Gordon and the Royals fly under the radar, but here they are, on top of the AL Central.
Aug 27, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
The young stars will shine in the Arizona sun.
Aug 27, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Another doozy was uncorked in Houston last night.
Aug 27, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
The Pirates need McCutchen more than any playoff contender needs any single player.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
A guy who has been snakebitten is on his way back to the Snakes.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:23 AM EDT
We may not have reached the bottom of the barrel yet, but man, we’re getting close.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:07 AM EDT
Hamels was removed from last night’s game before he wanted to be. And was all passive-aggressive about it in interviews afterward.
Aug 27, 2014, 8:32 AM EDT
There’s cool stuff going on in Kansas City right now. Maybe Ned Yost should focus on the cool stuff.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 26, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
Mark Cuban may have good reason not to like Bud Selig. But if he’s going to go after him, he should at least do so with facts, not fantasy.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Get used to a lot more Robbie Ray, Tigers fans.
Aug 26, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton may be the NL’s MVP this year. But he may be in the AL as soon as next year.
Aug 26, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
No reason was given. Probably because there’s no justification for not upholding the protest.
ESPN’s Calvin Watkins doubles down on his Yu Darvish nonsense. Also fails to understand how the DL works.
Aug 26, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
In which an ESPN analyst apparently believes that the disabled list is like the NFL’s injured reserve.
Aug 26, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
Complaining about baseball ratings turns 74 years, 364 days.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Two of those make sense. And why the Angels didn’t claim him on waivers still doesn’t make sense to me.
Aug 26, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
Kevin Towers doesn’t sound like a guy who thinks he’s going to be fired.
Aug 26, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
The idea that the Yankees or Red Sox could simply buy their way into contention was always overstated. But these days it’s basically baloney.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)