Jul 22, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
This is the second gum-throwing incident between these two teams this year.
Jul 22, 2015, 7:35 AM EDT
It was a big night for slugging catchers, Kyle Schwarber chief among them.
Jul 21, 2015, 4:40 PM EDT
(psst: not really!)
Jul 21, 2015, 3:10 PM EDT
The teams with the three best records in baseball — the Royals, Cardinals and Pirates — all have a chance at extra draft picks.
Jul 21, 2015, 12:33 PM EDT
The formal dropping of the case comes nearly eight years after his indictment and nearly 12 years after his grand jury testimony.
Jul 21, 2015, 12:20 PM EDT
I wanna play poker with Jeff Luhnow.
Jul 21, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT
They’re going to give him a couple more days. Meanwhile, he’s missed six of the Mets’ 15 games in August and left early in three others.
Jul 21, 2015, 10:29 AM EDT
There are no dynasties in baseball anymore. But the Tigers have been a mini-dynasty in the AL Central, having won it for the past four seasons. In the past two weeks, however, their aims have radically changed.
Jul 21, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
This is important. This means something.
Jul 21, 2015, 6:53 AM EDT
Albert Pujols hit three homers in the Angels doubleheader, passing Mike Trout for the AL lead and passing Mike Schmidt on the all-time list.
Jul 20, 2015, 4:09 PM EDT
That’s two starting infielders down for the Pirates, as they look into Jung Ho Kang cloning technology.
Jul 20, 2015, 3:01 PM EDT
The 23-year-old prospect gets his second go-around in the bigs this year.
Jul 20, 2015, 2:36 PM EDT
Remember: “Playing the game the right way” = “trying to seriously injure someone out of anger at your own inability to play better than they do”
Jul 20, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
The Sox’ starter is a free agent after this season.
Jul 20, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
They’re down a couple of infielders, but Upton’s bat could certainly help.
Jul 20, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
And you shouldn’t either.
Jul 20, 2015, 9:52 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto and Cole Hamels got roughed up yesterday. It shouldn’t matter all that much.
Jul 20, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Zack Greinke was impressive. Even if Bryce Harper wasn’t all that impressed.
Jul 17, 2015, 2:31 PM EDT
His whole coaching staff comes back too.
Jul 17, 2015, 1:52 PM EDT
It’s OK, but it’d be much better if the Padres brought back the brown.
Jul 17, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
He is under contract through 2016.
Jul 17, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Players have had too much “string,” he says.
Jul 17, 2015, 10:36 AM EDT
Which, if true, makes his dominance all the more impressive.
Jul 17, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
This will raise eyebrows, but it’s hard to disagree with what he’s actually saying.
Jul 17, 2015, 8:50 AM EDT
. . . buy me some kale and some tarr-a-gon/I don’t care what you put the stuff on . . .”
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 62
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 88
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)