Jul 21, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
The Giants make a low-risk bet on a possibly still high upside veteran.
Jul 21, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Nothin’ says baseball lie fire-roasted vegetable soup, vegan Bao Choi and broccoli rabe.
Jul 21, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Crazier things have happened. At the moment I’m blanking on them, but I’m pretty sure crazier things have happened.
Jul 21, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
The O’s high-priced starter may be out until August.
Jul 21, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
That’s goin’ around in Los Angeles.
A guy rushed the field in Arizona to take a selfie with Gerardo Parra. And to flash some sweet moves.
Jul 21, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Say what you want about jerks who run onto the field, but at least this jerk had a plan.
Jul 21, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
On this day in 1959 the Boston Red Sox became the last team to integrate.
Jul 21, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Heck, it was better than a lot of first pitches, actually.
Jul 21, 2014, 8:22 AM EDT
The Yankees have never once recovered from the end of a Hall of Famer’s career, so it’s utterly impossible to expect that they’ll do it again.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EDT
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jul 18, 2014, 5:36 PM EDT
The Astros played hardball with the number one pick. He played hardball back. Now both sides will take a big hit.
Jul 18, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
Call it two lost years for Sabathia now.
Jul 18, 2014, 4:43 PM EDT
If you build it, they will come. The lead in the division, that is. Not the ballpark.
Jul 18, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
He’s doing alright, but will remain away from the team for the next several days.
Jul 18, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
The Braves finally own up to a multi-million dollar mistake and release Dan Uggla.
Jul 18, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT
Is he living? Is he dead? Did he set up a secret ornate compound with all of that sweet, sweet “back-to-back-to-back AAU Champion” money?
Jul 18, 2014, 2:03 PM EDT
Good news for the Nats.
Jul 18, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
That’ll make for over a century at a single site for the Tigers.
Jul 18, 2014, 12:47 PM EDT
The Tigers need bullpen help. Soria is bullpen help.
Jul 18, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
A look ahead to this weekend, including a couple of series that could be playoff previews.
Jul 18, 2014, 11:26 AM EDT
Baseball isn’t dying. But sometimes it can be sleep-inducing.
Jul 18, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Bud Black is considering her to bat cleanup, too.
Jul 18, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
Mantle, DiMaggio and Mattingly weren’t zombies in their final seasons. Jeter is not what he used to be. It seems like we’re trying to tell a story to the contrary, however.
Jul 18, 2014, 9:43 AM EDT
He’d be a big catch, but the Phillies have no apparent intention to deal him.
Jul 18, 2014, 9:14 AM EDT
Dick Monfort continues to speak extremely frankly.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 30
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 191
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)