Oct 16, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
If you’ve ever sat out there while sober and over the age of 35, you’re probably OK with this.
Oct 16, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
It’s time for Mike Matheny to manage with a bit of urgency.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
In baseball, health is out. Debilitating injuries are in. And the Dodgers play maimed-ball best.
Oct 16, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Banister has spent nearly 30 years in the Pirates organization.
Oct 16, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
Grace takes yet another job in the Dbacks organization.
Oct 16, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
The Braves are gonna have to look elsewhere for their next GM.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:42 AM EDT
There aren’t many celebrity Royals fans, but Rudd has it covered.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:03 AM EDT
History in this regard is a mixed bag.
Oct 16, 2014, 8:34 AM EDT
Oct 16, 2014, 7:40 AM EDT
It’s do or die time for Mike Matheny and the Cardinals.
Oct 15, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Ned Yost always bunts. Ned Yost always wins.
Oct 15, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
And, as usual, Pedro Martinez gets to the nut of a controversy.
Oct 15, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
Things are as clear as mud in Atlanta.
Oct 15, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Would you be willing to beat $15.3 million plus a draft pick for a 35-year-old Nelson Cruz next year?
Oct 15, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
You’re a good sport, Mr. Eckstein.
Oct 15, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
No, it wasn’t Jeremy Guthrie’s. This one is even better
Oct 15, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
How about a mere 23? I think we could definitely handle a 23-game World Series.
Oct 15, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Defense has been the name of the game for Kansas City.
Oct 15, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Sadly, he apologized. People just don’t taunt like they used to, man.
Oct 15, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
We have a new longform site. At least that’s what all the cool kids call it these days. We just call it great, substantial writing.
Oct 15, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
It would appear this clears the way for either John Coppolella or Dayton Moore to become the next Braves GM. Though why Moore would even want the job is an open question.
Oct 15, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
What we will probably talk about when and if we talk about the Kansas City Royals as 2014 World Series champs.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
For the Orioles, it’ll take a miracle. Meanwhile the Giants seek to take control.
Oct 14, 2014, 4:57 PM EDT
Travis Ishikawa’s bases-clearing double put the Giants up 4-0 in the first.
Oct 14, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
Or: Great Moments in GMs not Admitting Their Mistakes
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)