May 15, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
When you actually ask young players why they steered away from baseball, they mention scholarships before bat flips.
May 15, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
Some more on the richness of meaningless baseball.
May 15, 2015, 8:25 AM EDT
The Dodgers are a good team but their bullpen let one go last night.
May 15, 2015, 6:47 AM EDT
The Rockies snapped their losing streak thanks to a late Carlos Gonzalez blast.
May 14, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
May 14, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
Omar Vizquel wore Luis Aparicio’s number. Why can’t someone else — someone deemed worthy — wear the retired number of someone else?
May 14, 2015, 2:54 PM EDT
They’re calling it shoulder tendinitis, which is Latin for “dude can’t pitch at all right now.”
May 14, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Bat-flips and celebrations are still considered bad form because baseball’s structure reinforces a very white and very old school culture.
May 14, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
A-Rod continues to play the diplomat.
May 14, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
We all root for laundry anyway, so why not make the laundry mean a little more?
May 14, 2015, 10:04 AM EDT
Two of the fantastic plays actually coming on the same play.
May 14, 2015, 9:19 AM EDT
Buddy Carlyle is a Marriott Man.
May 14, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Your mid-50s-year-old drunk uncle who peaked during Reagan’s first term and has hated everything since has some questions about Corey Kluber’s toughness.
May 13, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Nice move, Orioles.
Listen to Vin Scully tell a story about Satchel Paige, Whitey Herzog and a bet over a bottle of bourbon
May 13, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
“Yes, Wild Child . . .”
May 13, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
May 13, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
And for that we should be very, very grateful.
May 13, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Let’s talk about what words mean, shall we?
May 13, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Look what Giancarlo Stanton did to the dang moon!
May 12, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Time to work on your breaking stuff, pitchers!
May 12, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
For 35 years the Orioles didn’t have “Baltimore” appear on even their road jerseys. They’ve never had it on their home duds. Last night they did, however, and did so to make a statement.
May 12, 2015, 9:37 AM EDT
MLB reminds the world that “hey, at least our balls are in order.”
May 12, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
Thankfully, no serious injuries were reported.
Report: Barry Bonds to file a grievance against Major League Baseball for colluding against him after the 2007 season
May 12, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
One of baseball’s favorite debates — was Barry Bonds blackballed following the 2007 season — may soon be the subject of an arbitration hearing. In this post I break down the pros and cons of his case.
May 12, 2015, 6:48 AM EDT
Scott Van Slyke messed up, atoned and then atoned again for extra measure.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)