Aug 26, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
They have until tomorrow to make a trade with the Astros
Aug 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
It’s probably not best to make plans for the future after a bad day at the office.
Aug 26, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
If you think the Marlins recent winning ways have convinced Giancarlo Stanton to sign an extension, think again.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EDT
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Even today’s drug busts are boring. Man, what’s with today?
Aug 25, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
The world of baseball seems to be asleep this afternoon. So let’s see a base runner eat dirt!
Aug 25, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
No one is having fun in Philly this year. Maybe complaining about it to the media isn’t helping.
Aug 25, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
But they’re not exactly livin’ either. They’re just sort of existing, with occasional good results.
Aug 25, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
After leaving yesterday’s game early with a bout of the flu, the M’s second baseman will likely be in action this evening.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
But, really, it’s probably better than a lot of other ideas we’ll hear.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
When a 30 year-old is sent to the minors, it’s usually bad. But when he’s being sent there from independent ball, that’s good.
Aug 25, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Harper just test-drives bats. Which makes a lot of sense, actually.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
The teams matchup on paper. But baseball isn’t played on paper. If it was, anyone could do it.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:28 AM EDT
Jaso missed the playoffs last year due to a severe concussion. He’s out with brain trauma once again.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:09 AM EDT
The Mets had to make a choice. Twenty-six homers and an OPS of .862 later, and that choice looks like the right one.
Aug 25, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Jose Bautista’s spot in the order — and in the field — proved critical in yesterday’s loss.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 22, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
One window doesn’t work and there is no air conditioning. It has 166,000 miles on it. Which, actually, isn’t that bad. Hmmm . . .
Aug 22, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT
Seven games in ten days for the AL West leaders
Aug 22, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
This has been such a fun story so far. So why NOT throw politics into it?
Aug 22, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Can he make it to the bigs on a new path for a third time?
Aug 22, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
The Red Sox paid a lot of money to get this guy. Expect him in the Sox’ outfield early next season.
Aug 22, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
It’s cool to love what you loved when you were 20. It’s not cool to claim that what you loved when you were 20 is the only thing worth loving.
Aug 22, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
My buns have no seeds.
Aug 22, 2014, 9:27 AM EDT
I think he’d have a pretty tough sled, actually.
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 1
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 12
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 73
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)