Aug 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
He’s beating the deadballers at their own game.
Aug 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Allow us a brief diversion. Because depression really sucks.
Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 AM EDT
The Kansas City Royals are in first place. In mid-August. This is nor a drill.
Aug 8, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
More injury woes for Tex.
Aug 8, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Everything you want to know about how your favorite park stacks up in terms of craft beer offerings.
Aug 8, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
The Cubs’ young slugger makes his home debut
Aug 8, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: The 1970s were really, really weird.
Aug 8, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
Selig is trying to nip controversy in the . . . bud. God, I’m so sorry.
Carl Crawford on signing with the Red Sox: “I didn’t do any research about nothing. I didn’t know much about Boston”
Aug 8, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
Carl Crawford is nearing two straight years of Not Letting It Go.
Aug 8, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
He’s got more promise than any young player in the game, but injuries have hampered him. What does the future hold?
Aug 8, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
For what it says about the Cubs, not what it says about the Phillies or Cole Hamels.
Aug 8, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Hold on to your dreams, kids. Because they really can come true.
Aug 8, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
The Reds’ second baseman is on his way back.
Aug 8, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Aug 8, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
When you don’t have much history, you have to invent some.
An Ohio legislator pushes a resolution encouraging the Indians to change their name, drop Chief Wahoo
Aug 8, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
And the Indians continue to try to walk the tightrope between endorsing Wahoo and phasing him out.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
If you had money on “Shane Greene and Chris Capuano would go back-to-back shutting down the Detroit Tigers in August, keeping the Yankees in the playoff picture,” the casino management would like to have a word with you.
Aug 7, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
One swing doesn’t change a season. But it can definitely change the subject.
Aug 7, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
Now it’s just like July for him and the Rangers: anyone can trade for him.
Aug 7, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
MASN and the Orioles are arguing that Major League Baseball had a conflict of interest in ruling in the Nats favor over rights fees.
Aug 7, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
That’s more contact on this one swing than he’ll usually make in ten.
Aug 7, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
MASN — and, by extension, the Orioles – have just called Bud Selig’s bluff. Or, if it wasn’t a bluff, are about to find themselves in big trouble with the commish. And in a pretty gnarly court case.
Aug 7, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Reducing luxury boxes, adding a bar and doing it all with their own money? Good going, Cleveland!
Aug 7, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
And what SHOULD they do?
Aug 7, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Why charge the same commission if you’re not performing the same services?
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 0
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 81
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)