Feb 19, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
Theoretically you could have a 25-man bullpen. We’ll probably see it in practice by the mid-2020s.
Feb 19, 2015, 11:02 AM EST
Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich
Feb 19, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Since they’re Mets’ baseballs, I presume they’re barely used at all, of course. Certainly not damaged in any appreciable way.
Feb 19, 2015, 9:43 AM EST
Maybe not great that a guy who runs a sports agency doesn’t know one ballplayer from another?
Feb 19, 2015, 9:12 AM EST
Broadcast rights fees continue to explode
Feb 19, 2015, 8:34 AM EST
At least one columnist thinks that’d have been a good deal. What say you?
Feb 18, 2015, 5:05 PM EST
On the first day of spring training, man. Talking about getting off on the wrong foot.
Feb 18, 2015, 4:02 PM EST
This describes any given seven-year stretch in most of our lives, though, right?
Feb 18, 2015, 3:32 PM EST
It’s still possible that the Tigers’ slugger will be ready for Opening Day.
Feb 18, 2015, 2:56 PM EST
I’d never expect a reasoned or measured response from Mike Lupica. But you’d think he’d at least aspire to basic human decency.
Feb 18, 2015, 1:44 PM EST
There are pieces of work. Then there was Calvin Griffith.
Feb 18, 2015, 1:07 PM EST
It was thought he’d compete for the fifth slot. Today Bruce Bochy made it sound like the job is his.
Feb 18, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
This defense seems to work for Andy Pettitte when it does not work for any other PED guy.
Feb 18, 2015, 11:32 AM EST
And a lot of his other stuff too?
Feb 18, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
That’s not about cheating in baseball. Not by damn sight.
Feb 18, 2015, 9:33 AM EST
Many have already reported. Here are the deadlines for pitchers and catchers for all 30 teams.
Feb 18, 2015, 9:03 AM EST
He’s no one you want for millions a year, but on a cheap deal on the eve of spring training? Not too shabby a pickup.
Feb 18, 2015, 8:28 AM EST
Is it possible Pablo Sandoval is out of shape? Sure. But maybe we should wait for the Red Sox to say so before slamming the guy.
Feb 18, 2015, 6:47 AM EST
A newspaper which has won 34 Pulitzer Prizes turns to wholly discredited pseudoscience.
Feb 17, 2015, 4:46 PM EST
If you’re suing your employer, it’s better to be in California than Florida. Minor leaguers suing baseball get to sue their employer in California.
Feb 17, 2015, 2:21 PM EST
Note: I did not hire a handwriting expert nor attempt to gauge another person’s sincerity in the composition of this post.
Feb 17, 2015, 1:18 PM EST
There. Now that’s all done and we can move on.
Feb 17, 2015, 12:57 PM EST
Not really, but we’re glad to see he’s on Team BSOHL
Feb 17, 2015, 11:18 AM EST
Is it really that surprising?
Feb 17, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
He could’ve gotten ten years.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)