Sep 9, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
There aren’t many two-way players anymore. There’s a pretty good one in Japan.
Sep 9, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Maybe they’re reacting now. But better to react here than to react the next time a ballplayer commits and act of violence.
Sep 9, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
We feel the same way, Clayton.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Looks like he picked the wrong week to — [16 ton weight falls on Craig's head]
Sep 8, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
MLB is prepared to tweak a rule on the fly once again.
Sep 8, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
And, for that matter, policies regarding all manner of off-the-field conduct. Partially because it’s simply good leadership. But mostly because it’s the right thing to do.
Sep 8, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Could we see bundled up umps during next year’s fall classic?
Sep 8, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Jeter, as always, was classy and on point. The Yankees, as always, were over the top.
Sep 8, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
Or his name isn’t Nathan Arizona!
Sep 8, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
The Angels’ left fielder will miss his fourth straight game due to neck and shoulder soreness.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
They apparently came to bury Derek Jeter, not just praise him.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Buster Olney, once again, offers a solution in search of a problem
Sep 8, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence!
Sep 8, 2014, 8:46 AM EDT
When you believe that PEDs are the ultimate evil, you lose the ability to judge people on anything close to a reasonable basis.
Sep 8, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
A hobbled Miguel Cabrera could make for a hobbled Tigers offense down the stretch.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 6, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Wanna buy a rake used by the Yankees grounds crew? Brandon Steiner is your huckleberry.
Sep 6, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
Twenty major league baseball players have been suspended for PEDs in the past four years. Twenty NFL players are CURRENTLY suspended for PEDs. But it’s baseball that has the problem.
Sep 6, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
And he’s a lefty. Because of course he is.
Sep 6, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
On the bright side: that’s one less Aiden at his elementary school.
Sep 6, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
This kid’s gonna be alllllright.
Sep 6, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
Another blown save — this with the help of a homer from Ben Revere of all people — could cost the Nats’ closer his job.
Sep 6, 2014, 7:51 AM EDT
James Shields tames the Yankees and the Milwaukee Brewers postpone the Heat Death of the (National League) Universe for at least another day.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)