Jun 17, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
It was not a clown question, bro. It was even worse!
Jun 17, 2015, 10:04 AM EDT
We need a palate-cleanser.
Jun 17, 2015, 9:19 AM EDT
Just when you think Bill Plaschke couldn’t get any worse, he gets worse.
Jun 17, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
The hack has been traced to a house in Jupiter, Florida where the Cardinals train.
Jun 17, 2015, 8:37 AM EDT
In an already ugly season, things got even uglier in Baltimore last night.
Jun 17, 2015, 7:10 AM EDT
Three position players pitched last night. Maybe it was that or maybe it was something else, but I feel the need this morning to grapple with our place in a harsh and uncaring universe.
Jun 16, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
Eddie Fastook: former cop. And he usually gets his man. Er, ball.
Jun 16, 2015, 3:43 PM EDT
Why? Because Cardinals owner Bill DeWitt is the Bob Kraft to Rob Manfred’s Roger Goodell.
Jun 16, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
The All-Star voting is kind a nihilist this year. Which isn’t even an ethos.
Jun 16, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
It’s not a top three scandal. Yet, anyway.
Jun 16, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Especially if they invoke the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
Jun 16, 2015, 11:18 AM EDT
Subpoenas have been served on the Cardinals and Major League Baseball for electronic correspondence. This is big.
Jun 16, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Manny being Manny being Manny being Manny
Jun 16, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
And he doesn’t like how the kids these days celebrate and showboat and stuff.
Jun 16, 2015, 9:47 AM EDT
50 Cent: you’re on notice.
Jun 16, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
Given his joking we’d like to use a photo of a smiling Buck Showalter for this, but there exist no photos of Buck Showalter smiling.
Jun 16, 2015, 8:51 AM EDT
And here’s how we could set up replay to keep that from happening.
The All-Star vote is great fun. Except for that pesky home field advantage in the World Series thing
Jun 15, 2015, 4:44 PM EDT
I don’t care if Royals fans stuff the ballot box. But let’s detach home field advantage in the World Series from the thing.
Jun 15, 2015, 3:23 PM EDT
Black is out after nine seasons at the helm in San Diego.
Jun 15, 2015, 2:39 PM EDT
Welcome to the future.
Jun 15, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Let’s try to get worked up over something that doesn’t matter. I mean, more so than we normally do.
Jun 15, 2015, 12:35 PM EDT
It was a game-saver as well.
Jun 15, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
He can’t hit and can’t field his position, so this is an easy call.
Jun 15, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
Five stolen bases after reaching only three times. Yep, this guy is fast.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)