Jul 23, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Too bad that didn’t come with Matt Harvey batting. Could’ve used a “Batman vs. Superman” headline.
Jul 23, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Your move, Puig.
Jul 23, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Kevin Towers may be gone, but his mentality still lives on in Arizona.
Jul 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Detroit, the city, is on the rebound. Thanks in part to people like the Navin Field Grounds Crew.
Jul 23, 2015, 6:59 AM EDT
A-Rod smacked one 453 feet. Which is impossible because the New York Daily News told me he was finished and would retire because his hip and his shame and whatnot.
Jul 22, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
Anaheim and Phoenix got you covered if you’re on a beer budget beer budget.
Jul 22, 2015, 4:09 PM EDT
Cincinnati gets a supplemental draft pick after the first round of next summer’s draft.
Jul 22, 2015, 3:40 PM EDT
He’s allowed just two runs over his last 21 innings.
Jul 22, 2015, 3:01 PM EDT
Those of you holding coupons for one (1) David Price and one (1) Yoenis Cespedes should rest assured that they WILL be honored.
Jul 22, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
He was not the infield answer the Padres had been looking for.
Jul 22, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
He believes that if you don’t play professional baseball you shouldn’t have any opinions about baseball. OK, Howie.
Jul 22, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
At least if you’re under a certain age.
Jul 22, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
He’ll have an MRI today.
Jul 22, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
He’s allowed just one earned run in his past 14 innings.
Jul 22, 2015, 9:56 AM EDT
Justin Verlander can’t pitch the same way he did when he was in his early 20s and expect to be successful. Justin Verlander, however, does not yet believe that.
Jul 22, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Last year Ned Yost was roasted for his slavish adherence to pitchers pitching in certain, specific innings. Brad Ausmus must think that’s what won the Royals’ the pennant.
Jul 22, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
This is the second gum-throwing incident between these two teams this year.
Jul 22, 2015, 7:35 AM EDT
It was a big night for slugging catchers, Kyle Schwarber chief among them.
Jul 21, 2015, 4:40 PM EDT
(psst: not really!)
Jul 21, 2015, 3:10 PM EDT
The teams with the three best records in baseball — the Royals, Cardinals and Pirates — all have a chance at extra draft picks.
Jul 21, 2015, 12:33 PM EDT
The formal dropping of the case comes nearly eight years after his indictment and nearly 12 years after his grand jury testimony.
Jul 21, 2015, 12:20 PM EDT
I wanna play poker with Jeff Luhnow.
Jul 21, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT
They’re going to give him a couple more days. Meanwhile, he’s missed six of the Mets’ 15 games in August and left early in three others.
Jul 21, 2015, 10:29 AM EDT
There are no dynasties in baseball anymore. But the Tigers have been a mini-dynasty in the AL Central, having won it for the past four seasons. In the past two weeks, however, their aims have radically changed.
Jul 21, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
This is important. This means something.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 21
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 12
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 20
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)