Aug 15, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Why Derek Jeter deserves to play in October during his final season when most greats don’t is beyond me.
Aug 15, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Who wants to, right? Well, it’s a round-number anniversary, so we’re obligated by law to do so.
Aug 15, 2014, 8:11 AM EDT
Bud Selig got his man. And in doing so, he has ensured his legacy.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 13, 2014, 5:36 PM EDT
This is the city. Port St. Luice, Florida. I work here. I’m a urine tester.
Aug 13, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
And that seems pretty wise.
Aug 13, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
I have a diabolical theory about how it happened.
Aug 13, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Yesterday we talked about the surprise Kansas City Royals. Today it’s the surprise Seattle Mariners.
Aug 13, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Personally, I’d prefer an Old Style.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
It’s fun to play God.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
Time is a flat circle.
Aug 13, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Usually those who say that baseball is dying conveniently forget that, in 1994, it actually was in trouble. So this is all very interesting.
Aug 13, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
And Mike Hampton picked Colorado for the excellent schools.
Aug 13, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
Twelve days ago the Tigers had the best rotation in baseball. Today they’re starting a dude named “Buck Farmer.”
Aug 13, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
In other news, I still have not won the Mega Millions. :-(
Aug 13, 2014, 8:18 AM EDT
Apparently it’s not just immature young players who need to learn to respect the game who have a lead foot.
Aug 13, 2014, 7:16 AM EDT
In the future, every pitcher will toss seven shutout innings for fifteen minutes — Andy Warhol.
Aug 12, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
A sigh of relief in Detroit.
Aug 12, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Josh Sale: still killing it in the minors.
Aug 12, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT
Jenna and I marvel at the first place Royals. But we wonder how long it will last.
Aug 12, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
What’s Bip Roberts got to do with this again?
Buck Showalter wants to give Derek Jeter a picture of the Jeffrey Maier home run as a retirement gift
Aug 12, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
I assume the amount of crap that Derek Jeter does not give about this quip is incalculable by current mathematics.
Aug 12, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
Here’s hoping today’s owners remember the lessons of the 1994 strike.
Aug 12, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Another short season for a talented but fragile pitcher.
Aug 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
He’s beating the deadballers at their own game.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)