Dec 10, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Well ain’t that interesting?
Dec 10, 2014, 6:10 PM EST
The Cubs and White Sox — both teams who finished 17 games out and lost 89 games last year — have made all the noise in San Diego. But who has made more noise?
Dec 10, 2014, 5:51 PM EST
First Rollins, now Bastardo. It must be moving day in Philly.
Dec 10, 2014, 3:27 PM EST
Add the Giants to the list of teams at least kicking the tires on Santana.
Dec 10, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
The longtime NBC broadcaster and current Padres broadcaster receives baseball broadcasting’s highest honor.
Dec 10, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You come to HardballTalk for nothing but the best in hard hitting journalism. And in keeping with that tradition, we rate the managerial beefcake once again.
Dec 10, 2014, 12:35 PM EST
Dec 10, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
I think it’s safe to say the Cubs wanted him, don’t you know.
Dec 10, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
That’s up a billion from last year. Gross revenues for Major League Baseball have grown 321 percent since 1995.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
The Astros have gotten more to fix their bullpen before 10am than most teams do all day.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Dec 9, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
This is the first time his name has been mentioned during the hot stove season.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
The Braves will likely try him at second base, though he can play basically anywhere.
Dec 9, 2014, 5:39 PM EST
It’s superficially a good fit.
Dec 9, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Which is a neat way of saying “nah, we really don’t want to trade Evan Gattis”
Dec 9, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
An exercise in expectation management? A concession?
Dec 9, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Which seems like a pretty weak move to me, frankly.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:14 PM EST
He has covered the Tigers since 1979.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Boston would send Sean Coyle to Philly in return.
Dec 9, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
He won’t move the team out of the Tampa Bay area, he said. But the next guy probably will.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
To be fair, there are other reasons why you might call about Dan Uggla besides wanting him to play baseball for you.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:09 PM EST
Matt Kemp may soon be on the move. Just a bit south down the I-5.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:18 AM EST
A lost opportunity, really.
Dec 9, 2014, 9:12 AM EST
Reports of the Blue Jays’ falling out with Paul Beeston were exaggerated. Or just wrong, maybe.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs, Giants, Red Sox and Dodgers are all pushing into high-dollar territory.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)