Apr 14, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
Turns out that, in reality, he DOES want to respect the game.
Apr 14, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
The former Rockies pitcher is coming back from shoulder issues and a bad spring.
Apr 14, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
The fallacy in which a “smart business decision” is equated with “good behavior.”
Apr 14, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
It’s a story of exclusivity of a men’s club. And an odd desire for irrational symmetry.
Apr 14, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
He looked OK dumping water on Alex Guerrero, though.
Apr 14, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The Giants home opener was a quaint, understated affair featuring horseback riding pitchers and someone singing “We are the Champions”
Apr 14, 2015, 9:44 AM EDT
For an encore they’re going to prove that black is white and get themselves killed on the next zebra crossing.
Apr 14, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
A security expert explains why putting metal detectors at the ballpark is ineffective, cynical and dumb.
Apr 14, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
It’s a complicated case, Maude. A lotta ins, a lotta outs. And certain things have come to light. He hired himself, man! Did that ever occur to you?
Apr 14, 2015, 8:25 AM EDT
One guy draws attention to himself, thinks he’s more important than everyone else and doesn’t follow rules. The other one is the Yankees DH.
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 13, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Not a straight ranking. Rather, a ranking of which Triple-A cities represent the biggest falloff from their major league affiliates.
Apr 13, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
You can’t buy draft picks and you can only trade a narrow swath of them. But the Dodgers decided to think outside the box.
Apr 13, 2015, 4:37 PM EDT
It’s ugly in Fenway for the Nats. But Mookie is having a wonderful day.
Apr 13, 2015, 4:03 PM EDT
He has blown two saves in three appearances.
Apr 13, 2015, 3:39 PM EDT
The Superman is real. And he plays for the Philadelphia Phillies.
Apr 13, 2015, 3:03 PM EDT
This dog seems well-behaved. Too bad some of the humans inside the park aren’t.
Apr 13, 2015, 2:24 PM EDT
Suuuure you would, Russell. Sure you would.
Apr 13, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
Two years ago the Dbacks’ owner got into it with some fans for wearing Dodgers gear. Did it happen again yesterday?
Apr 13, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
The product has yet to be formally approved by Major League Baseball.
Apr 13, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
He’s 5-for-16 with two homers, a double and seven driven in on the young minor league season.
Apr 13, 2015, 10:32 AM EDT
No, it’s not about their comparable appeal to white dudes and delusions about how competitive they’ll be.
Apr 13, 2015, 9:44 AM EDT
Learn to score the Cardinal Way!
Apr 13, 2015, 9:03 AM EDT
Just what the Reds and the Cards need more of: bad blood.
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 133
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)