Feb 18, 2015, 5:05 PM EST
On the first day of spring training, man. Talking about getting off on the wrong foot.
Feb 18, 2015, 4:02 PM EST
This describes any given seven-year stretch in most of our lives, though, right?
Feb 18, 2015, 3:32 PM EST
It’s still possible that the Tigers’ slugger will be ready for Opening Day.
Feb 18, 2015, 2:56 PM EST
I’d never expect a reasoned or measured response from Mike Lupica. But you’d think he’d at least aspire to basic human decency.
Feb 18, 2015, 1:44 PM EST
There are pieces of work. Then there was Calvin Griffith.
Feb 18, 2015, 1:07 PM EST
It was thought he’d compete for the fifth slot. Today Bruce Bochy made it sound like the job is his.
Feb 18, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
This defense seems to work for Andy Pettitte when it does not work for any other PED guy.
Feb 18, 2015, 11:32 AM EST
And a lot of his other stuff too?
Feb 18, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
That’s not about cheating in baseball. Not by damn sight.
Feb 18, 2015, 9:33 AM EST
Many have already reported. Here are the deadlines for pitchers and catchers for all 30 teams.
Feb 18, 2015, 9:03 AM EST
He’s no one you want for millions a year, but on a cheap deal on the eve of spring training? Not too shabby a pickup.
Feb 18, 2015, 8:28 AM EST
Is it possible Pablo Sandoval is out of shape? Sure. But maybe we should wait for the Red Sox to say so before slamming the guy.
Feb 18, 2015, 6:47 AM EST
A newspaper which has won 34 Pulitzer Prizes turns to wholly discredited pseudoscience.
Feb 17, 2015, 4:46 PM EST
If you’re suing your employer, it’s better to be in California than Florida. Minor leaguers suing baseball get to sue their employer in California.
Feb 17, 2015, 2:21 PM EST
Note: I did not hire a handwriting expert nor attempt to gauge another person’s sincerity in the composition of this post.
Feb 17, 2015, 1:18 PM EST
There. Now that’s all done and we can move on.
Feb 17, 2015, 12:57 PM EST
Not really, but we’re glad to see he’s on Team BSOHL
Feb 17, 2015, 11:18 AM EST
Is it really that surprising?
Feb 17, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
He could’ve gotten ten years.
Feb 17, 2015, 10:09 AM EST
It was one of only three player-specific museums left.
Feb 17, 2015, 7:50 AM EST
Who was the first big leaguer younger than you? Who was — or will be — the last one older than you?
Feb 16, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
It’s been over two years since Hanrahan was healthy and effective.
Feb 16, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
To hit him with a crow bar or something, I’m sure! Because he’s A-Rod and he’s evil and . . . oh well, you know how this goes by now.
Feb 16, 2015, 3:48 PM EST
He does not, however, exactly occupy the moral high ground.
Feb 16, 2015, 3:19 PM EST
If you haven’t heard from your friend in Boston lately, it’s because he or she is buried in snow. Just like Fenway Park.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (116)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)