Jun 30, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Cashen helped build three World Series winning teams and five pennant winners overall.
Jun 30, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
This is a sexy story. But it’s not one with legs. Or with any real lessons outside of coming up with stronger passwords.
Jun 30, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
No Altuve, no justice.
Jun 30, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
They could’ve had Ichiro. They could’ve had Giancarlo Stanton. They wanted the world for Bud Norris. Oh, and by the way, the fact that we know this means that someone probably broke the law.
Jun 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
After a rocky start to the 2014 season, the Dodgers are tied for first place in the NL West with the Giants. Today we look at their June jump.
Jun 30, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Major League Baseball: 1876-2014. Died after a long illness, contracted in around 1877 or so.
Jun 30, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
The Rangers and Red Sox won’t get to see much of Machdo this week.
Jun 30, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
If you didn’t see ‘em sign it, assume it’s a fake.
Jun 30, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
The aches keep on coming for El Hombre
Jun 30, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Maybe the league should schedule these things more often?
Jun 30, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Just like they did in 2013, the Dodgers have shifted into a higher gear in June.
Jun 30, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Jackie Bradley, Jr. has had some problems adjusting to the major league level. Not on defense, though.
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
Jun 28, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Could you turn down a guaranteed $75 million? Gregory Polanco has. And may continue to do so, for good reason.
Jun 28, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
He’s day-to-day. At least that’s what the Braves hope.
Jun 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
It’s really not important who the closer is on a last place team. Well, except for the closer that is.
Jun 28, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Shovel throws are cool. Jump-throws are cool. Plays containing both of them are really, really cool.
Jun 28, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
He’s out, right? He ran out of the baseline, didn’t he?
Jun 28, 2014, 7:33 AM EDT
Jose Abreu went deep twice and finished the night tied for the major league lead in homers with 25.
Jun 27, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
It’s Friday after five. Time for MLB’s bad news dump.
Jun 27, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Got any supportive comments to issue in a press release today, Bud?
Jun 27, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
COST?! NO MAN CAN SAY!
Jun 27, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
In his defense, he does have a pretty face. He’s a really handsome guy.
Jun 27, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
The future may be coming to Boston faster than expected.
Jun 27, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Boy, Keith, you sure showed us who’s tough.
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 53
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 29
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 52
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 29
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 48
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (187)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)