Jul 11, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Who’s more screwed?
Jul 11, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Including one that is actually interested in Byrd.
Jul 11, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
He could be a good fit in Seattle.
Jul 11, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
This is not the first violent incident outside of AT&T Park
Jul 11, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
It was OK. He’d have better days.
Jul 11, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton: the California Chrome of the Home Run Derby
Derek Jeter: part owner of a company that sells high-tech men’s underwear that refrigerates your genitals
Jul 11, 2014, 8:43 AM EDT
Or, as they are referred to by some: “Tempur-Pedic banana hammocks”
Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home”
Jul 11, 2014, 8:25 AM EDT
You’re lucky, Rockies fans, that King Monfort has even graced your presence with some baseball.
Jul 11, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
The scoreless streak is over for Clayton Kershaw, but the dominance remains.
Jul 10, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
Viva democracy. Especially Chicago-style democracy.
Jul 10, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Hardly anyone throws it anymore. Why?
Jul 10, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
A tough, tough break for the Cardinals and Yadier Molina.
Jul 10, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
It’s a magical realism thing: features a coach putting Jeter at second base.
Jul 10, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Could be bad news for the Reds and Bailey
Jul 10, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
A.J. Pierzynski being let go is not necessarily a white flag move. But should the Sox be sellers now?
Jul 10, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
I can see not trading him given the small return he might bring. But re-signing him?
Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jul 10, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Before you look, guess which year it was. I am somewhat embarrassed to have been a couple of years off.
Jul 10, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
The Cardinals’ most important position player may miss some time.
Jul 10, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
Papelbon likes Philly just fine. But he thinks anyone who wouldn’t want to play for a winner is nuts.
Jul 10, 2014, 8:10 AM EDT
Death. Taxes. The Red Sox throwing a guy under the bus as he leaves the team.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
A handful of injuries went down last night, but so too did strict adherence to the Restoring Pitching Act of 2013.
Jul 9, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
I mean, maybe he can act, but it’s probably better that he’s playing baseball.
Jul 9, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
The Dodgers, however, will only be on the hook for $4.5 million of that. Or less than 2% of their annual payroll.
Jul 9, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Well, that’s one solution. Very NFL in its efficiency and simplicity when you think about it.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 10
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)