May 4, 2015, 12:25 PM EDT
The Selig rule requires that requires that every club consider minority candidates for manager positions. There really wasn’t a search for Ron Roenicke’s replacement in Milwaukee.
May 4, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
Milwaukee now has the guy who had easily the best batting stance of any current manager.
May 4, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
He says “it’s family business” and that “the old A-Rod is gone.”
May 4, 2015, 9:49 AM EDT
This is the shortest post in the history of HBT.
May 4, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
And noting how the Yankees can and do sell everything that isn’t nailed down but somehow can’t figure out how to market home run number 660.
May 4, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
“I got it”
May 4, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
Some late-inning heroics. Extra-innings heroics, actually. Like baseball is some kind of gosh darned after hours club or something.
May 1, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
The Indians are stinkin’ up the joint right now, but don’t expect them to be all hangdog about it.
May 1, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Which is not surprising, as there is no percentage in supporting any kind of radical change unless there’s a real percentage in it.
May 1, 2015, 2:26 PM EDT
See you in mid-to-late 2016, Homer.
May 1, 2015, 12:17 PM EDT
The Greatest of All Time
May 1, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
And that’s the truth no matter what cyclist Tammy Thomas and the New York Daily News has to say.
May 1, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
Manny Ramirez, Don Zimmer, Grady Little, Aaron f***ing Boone and . . . Sammy Sosa?
May 1, 2015, 9:37 AM EDT
Time keeps tickin’, tickin’ away . . .
May 1, 2015, 9:06 AM EDT
Odds that he is DFA’d before restored to the rotation has been taken off the board in Vegas.
May 1, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
I feel like issuing an intentional walk to get to the reigning batting champ is not the greatest idea in the world, but I guess they pay Lloyd McClendon the big bucks to make those kinds of decisions.
Apr 30, 2015, 2:47 PM EDT
I have no idea how his arm is healing, but his booty is in midseason form.
Apr 30, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
Maybe hit the ball in the air more?
Apr 30, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
A thought-provoking look at what’s gone on in Baltimore.
Apr 30, 2015, 9:17 AM EDT
He’s owed a lot of money between now and 2021, by the way.
Apr 30, 2015, 8:48 AM EDT
While I’d like to pretend I have the market cornered on being right, I don’t, and some smart folks have taken me to task.
Apr 30, 2015, 7:36 AM EDT
An empty park, a lefty whining about the shift and me whining about people whining about the “marine layer.”
Apr 29, 2015, 5:27 PM EDT
The wisest man is one who knows what he does not know.
Apr 29, 2015, 4:25 PM EDT
No dilly-dallying in one of baseball’s weirdest games of all time.
Apr 29, 2015, 3:41 PM EDT
The investigation began with Maddon’s hiring in November.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 0
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)