Sep 10, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
We’re still, apparently, in The Land of Murky when it comes to plays at the plate.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EDT
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Sep 9, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
And I somehow get emotional about this.
Sep 9, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
He’s not yet up to the same number of simulated games as real games this year, but it’s getting close.
Sep 9, 2014, 3:27 PM EDT
On the bright side, they may be running out of things to put a logo on at the MLB offices.
Sep 9, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
That’s way more than I expected.
Sep 9, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
It’s not one thing with the Oakland Athletics’ ongoing collapse: it’s everything.
Sep 9, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Sandy Alderson preaches prudence and patience. A lot of Mets fans are probably getting tired of this.
Sep 9, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
The independent leagues can be gimmicky. But they also can be laboratories.
Sep 9, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Good to see the future Hall-of-Famer on the mend.
Sep 9, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
There aren’t many two-way players anymore. There’s a pretty good one in Japan.
Sep 9, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Maybe they’re reacting now. But better to react here than to react the next time a ballplayer commits and act of violence.
Sep 9, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
We feel the same way, Clayton.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Looks like he picked the wrong week to — [16 ton weight falls on Craig's head]
Sep 8, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
MLB is prepared to tweak a rule on the fly once again.
Sep 8, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
And, for that matter, policies regarding all manner of off-the-field conduct. Partially because it’s simply good leadership. But mostly because it’s the right thing to do.
Sep 8, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Could we see bundled up umps during next year’s fall classic?
Sep 8, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Jeter, as always, was classy and on point. The Yankees, as always, were over the top.
Sep 8, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
Or his name isn’t Nathan Arizona!
Sep 8, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
The Angels’ left fielder will miss his fourth straight game due to neck and shoulder soreness.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
They apparently came to bury Derek Jeter, not just praise him.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Buster Olney, once again, offers a solution in search of a problem
Sep 8, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence!
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 0
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 16
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 21
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)