Jan 13, 2015, 7:56 AM EST
“How many active grandfathers have been in the big leagues?”
Jan 12, 2015, 4:03 PM EST
Slow pace. Inactivity. It’s like watching paint dry. No wonder it’s no longer The National Pastime.
Jan 12, 2015, 3:05 PM EST
Opening Day could still happen, though.
Jan 12, 2015, 2:00 PM EST
The righty reliever was most recently in Pittsburgh.
Jan 12, 2015, 12:51 PM EST
There is an option for 2019 as well.
Jan 12, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
Andy MacPhail makes the list? You betcha!
Jan 12, 2015, 11:03 AM EST
I sleep better at night knowing that out there, somewhere, Roy Halladay is enjoying the hell out of being retired.
Jan 12, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Fox’s Jon Paul Morosi tackles the Big Issues of the day.
Jan 12, 2015, 9:31 AM EST
This does not seem like a great idea.
Jan 12, 2015, 9:09 AM EST
He’s joining up with some Indonesian billionaires and some other sports executives in an effort to get into the basketball business.
Jan 12, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
You laugh, but the process isn’t THAT different than getting a guy into the Hall of Fame.
Jan 12, 2015, 7:18 AM EST
And makes the curious choice to compare Percival to Mariano Rivera
Jan 9, 2015, 5:22 PM EST
The latest to let him go: the Orioles, to make room for Delmon Young.
Jan 9, 2015, 4:31 PM EST
Good to see a baseball player writing in the offseason rather than working out. Because as we learned earlier today, working out in January is devious and bad.
Jan 9, 2015, 3:05 PM EST
Great Moments in Erosion of Leverage
Jan 9, 2015, 1:30 PM EST
Curt Schilling seeks to set the record straight.
Jan 9, 2015, 12:37 PM EST
There are reasons for an eligible Hall of Fame voter to choose not to vote for the Hall of Fame. Not all of them are good.
Jan 9, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
Inside: the guide to how to take Alex Rodriguez’s deposition.
Jan 9, 2015, 11:03 AM EST
Baseball was dying, you guys.
Jan 9, 2015, 10:03 AM EST
He can’t sign yet, however.
Jan 9, 2015, 9:28 AM EST
Dan Haren’s 2015: Miami? Los Angeles? An insane asylum?
Professional baseball player excoriated for attempting to get into baseball shape during the offseason
Jan 9, 2015, 9:04 AM EST
Guess which baseball player it is.
Jan 9, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
This is . . . oh, my. This is hard to get one’s brain around.
Jan 8, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Jan 8, 2015, 4:08 PM EST
He’s expected to miss 2-3 months.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 170
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (172)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)