Aug 15, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Next year every ballpark will have them.
Aug 15, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
Never pass up a chance to use the Smug Bud pic. Never.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Wait, why is Mickey Mantle’s pic on a post about underrated players?
Aug 15, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
That’s the opener to Murray Chass’ excellent analysis of yesterday’s commissioner vote. An analysis which should be the blueprint for how one approaches issues relating to baseball’s owners and the game’s governance.
Aug 15, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Why Derek Jeter deserves to play in October during his final season when most greats don’t is beyond me.
Aug 15, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Who wants to, right? Well, it’s a round-number anniversary, so we’re obligated by law to do so.
Aug 15, 2014, 8:11 AM EDT
Bud Selig got his man. And in doing so, he has ensured his legacy.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 13, 2014, 5:36 PM EDT
This is the city. Port St. Luice, Florida. I work here. I’m a urine tester.
Aug 13, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
And that seems pretty wise.
Aug 13, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
I have a diabolical theory about how it happened.
Aug 13, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Yesterday we talked about the surprise Kansas City Royals. Today it’s the surprise Seattle Mariners.
Aug 13, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Personally, I’d prefer an Old Style.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
It’s fun to play God.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
Time is a flat circle.
Aug 13, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Usually those who say that baseball is dying conveniently forget that, in 1994, it actually was in trouble. So this is all very interesting.
Aug 13, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
And Mike Hampton picked Colorado for the excellent schools.
Aug 13, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
Twelve days ago the Tigers had the best rotation in baseball. Today they’re starting a dude named “Buck Farmer.”
Aug 13, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
In other news, I still have not won the Mega Millions. :-(
Aug 13, 2014, 8:18 AM EDT
Apparently it’s not just immature young players who need to learn to respect the game who have a lead foot.
Aug 13, 2014, 7:16 AM EDT
In the future, every pitcher will toss seven shutout innings for fifteen minutes — Andy Warhol.
Aug 12, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
A sigh of relief in Detroit.
Aug 12, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Josh Sale: still killing it in the minors.
Aug 12, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT
Jenna and I marvel at the first place Royals. But we wonder how long it will last.
Aug 12, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
What’s Bip Roberts got to do with this again?
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)