Professional baseball player excoriated for attempting to get into baseball shape during the offseason
Jan 9, 2015, 9:04 AM EST
Guess which baseball player it is.
Jan 9, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
This is . . . oh, my. This is hard to get one’s brain around.
Jan 8, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Jan 8, 2015, 4:08 PM EST
He’s expected to miss 2-3 months.
Jan 8, 2015, 3:10 PM EST
I can see it.
Jan 8, 2015, 1:18 PM EST
They got reasons. They’re not good reasons, but they’re reasons.
Jan 8, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
He was treated and released from the hospital, but he was knocked unconscious.
Jan 8, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
At least it wasn’t a bank or something.
Jan 8, 2015, 11:03 AM EST
I hate it when people say “they’re playing a kids game!” But sometimes they do act like children.
Jan 8, 2015, 9:53 AM EST
Calmer than you are, dude. And me.
Jan 8, 2015, 8:31 AM EST
But did he bring his [expletive] TOYS with him?
Jan 8, 2015, 7:50 AM EST
Eh, they all look alike. And by “they,” I mean Astros players.
Jan 7, 2015, 4:10 PM EST
He also claims John Smoltz did because he’s a Democrat. Except, in fact, John Smoltz is not a Democrat.
Jan 7, 2015, 3:44 PM EST
More like Josh WALKman.
Jan 7, 2015, 2:24 PM EST
Old McDonald calls it a career. E-I-E-I-O.
Jan 7, 2015, 1:28 PM EST
If he’s willing to be a bench player for low dough, Ichiro can probably find work in 2015.
Jan 7, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
We said “The Big Unit,” not “The Big Fat Size 65 Unit”
Jan 7, 2015, 12:11 PM EST
Tough love for Mets fans.
Jan 7, 2015, 11:28 AM EST
And, for the first time, we learn that Senator George Mitchell met with prosecutors to put in a good word for Bosch as well.
Jan 7, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
He’s not exactly concerned.
Jan 7, 2015, 9:57 AM EST
Smoltz reflects on being given baseball’s highest honor.
Jan 7, 2015, 9:17 AM EST
It’s been a long process, but a new spring training home for the Nats and Astros appears to be finally falling into place.
Jan 7, 2015, 7:36 AM EST
That’s something baseball writers care an awful lot about. Why on Earth should we as fans care?
Jan 6, 2015, 5:25 PM EST
Talk radio, man. Talk radio.
Jan 6, 2015, 4:35 PM EST
He doesn’t know why someone gave him a Hall of Fame vote either.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)