Sep 8, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Could we see bundled up umps during next year’s fall classic?
Sep 8, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Jeter, as always, was classy and on point. The Yankees, as always, were over the top.
Sep 8, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
Or his name isn’t Nathan Arizona!
Sep 8, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
The Angels’ left fielder will miss his fourth straight game due to neck and shoulder soreness.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
They apparently came to bury Derek Jeter, not just praise him.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Buster Olney, once again, offers a solution in search of a problem
Sep 8, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence!
Sep 8, 2014, 8:46 AM EDT
When you believe that PEDs are the ultimate evil, you lose the ability to judge people on anything close to a reasonable basis.
Sep 8, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
A hobbled Miguel Cabrera could make for a hobbled Tigers offense down the stretch.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 6, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Wanna buy a rake used by the Yankees grounds crew? Brandon Steiner is your huckleberry.
Sep 6, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
Twenty major league baseball players have been suspended for PEDs in the past four years. Twenty NFL players are CURRENTLY suspended for PEDs. But it’s baseball that has the problem.
Sep 6, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
And he’s a lefty. Because of course he is.
Sep 6, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
On the bright side: that’s one less Aiden at his elementary school.
Sep 6, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
This kid’s gonna be alllllright.
Sep 6, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
Another blown save — this with the help of a homer from Ben Revere of all people — could cost the Nats’ closer his job.
Sep 6, 2014, 7:51 AM EDT
James Shields tames the Yankees and the Milwaukee Brewers postpone the Heat Death of the (National League) Universe for at least another day.
Sep 5, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
For the third straight year, Cabrera runs into some off-the-field legal trouble.
Sep 5, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
We weren’t expecting that!
Sep 5, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and pornography. Apparently, some people have a problem with one of these things.
Sep 5, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Baseball may not be dying, but today I talk about two of baseball’s biggest challenges
Sep 5, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
Probably got off easy, actually.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
I put the number of comments before we see someone making a dumb argument about this somehow violating the Indians’ First Amendment rights at, oh, 8.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
He’s considering it. But he also may consider heading back to San Diego.
Sep 5, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
When you depend on historic preservation tax cuts to fund your ballaprk, you had best pay attention to preserving the historic character of the joint.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 39
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)