An Ohio legislator pushes a resolution encouraging the Indians to change their name, drop Chief Wahoo
Aug 8, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
And the Indians continue to try to walk the tightrope between endorsing Wahoo and phasing him out.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
If you had money on “Shane Greene and Chris Capuano would go back-to-back shutting down the Detroit Tigers in August, keeping the Yankees in the playoff picture,” the casino management would like to have a word with you.
Aug 7, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
One swing doesn’t change a season. But it can definitely change the subject.
Aug 7, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
Now it’s just like July for him and the Rangers: anyone can trade for him.
Aug 7, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
MASN and the Orioles are arguing that Major League Baseball had a conflict of interest in ruling in the Nats favor over rights fees.
Aug 7, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
That’s more contact on this one swing than he’ll usually make in ten.
Aug 7, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
MASN — and, by extension, the Orioles – have just called Bud Selig’s bluff. Or, if it wasn’t a bluff, are about to find themselves in big trouble with the commish. And in a pretty gnarly court case.
Aug 7, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Reducing luxury boxes, adding a bar and doing it all with their own money? Good going, Cleveland!
Aug 7, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
And what SHOULD they do?
Aug 7, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Why charge the same commission if you’re not performing the same services?
Aug 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Too much tinkering, not enough patience.
Aug 7, 2014, 10:29 AM EDT
And he answers the question: why was a kid who used an aluminum bat in games holding a wooden bat on his baseball card?
Aug 7, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
This is not a question. It’s a link to an explanation.
Aug 7, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Maybe the best piece of baseball writing I’ve read all year.
Aug 7, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
This picture is not from that catch. This is another one. The photographers at yesterday’s game must have been too busy dropping their jaws to snap a photo of it.
Aug 7, 2014, 8:29 AM EDT
When you outlaw bubble machines in dugouts, only outlaws will have little post-home run bubble dance parties in dugouts.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Aug 6, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
Which was pretty inevitable, I presume.
Aug 6, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
Don’t do drugs, mmmkay?
Aug 6, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
A development which has caused me to become fatalistic about the universe.
Aug 6, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT
One would think that name-naming is the entire purpose of Major League Baseball’s PED enforcement.
Aug 6, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
Kevin Mitchell: Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Aug 6, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Sounds to me like Tony La Russa is blaming the victim. Or else he’s simply writing more rules in the great Unwritten Rule Book.
Aug 6, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
To understand what’s going on with the Commissioner search requires understanding of who rules baseball. Note: it is not the Commissioner.
Aug 6, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
One of the weirder plays you’ll see.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 129
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (127)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (101)