Aug 8, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
For what it says about the Cubs, not what it says about the Phillies or Cole Hamels.
Aug 8, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Hold on to your dreams, kids. Because they really can come true.
Aug 8, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
The Reds’ second baseman is on his way back.
Aug 8, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Aug 8, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
When you don’t have much history, you have to invent some.
An Ohio legislator pushes a resolution encouraging the Indians to change their name, drop Chief Wahoo
Aug 8, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
And the Indians continue to try to walk the tightrope between endorsing Wahoo and phasing him out.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
If you had money on “Shane Greene and Chris Capuano would go back-to-back shutting down the Detroit Tigers in August, keeping the Yankees in the playoff picture,” the casino management would like to have a word with you.
Aug 7, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
One swing doesn’t change a season. But it can definitely change the subject.
Aug 7, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
Now it’s just like July for him and the Rangers: anyone can trade for him.
Aug 7, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
MASN and the Orioles are arguing that Major League Baseball had a conflict of interest in ruling in the Nats favor over rights fees.
Aug 7, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
That’s more contact on this one swing than he’ll usually make in ten.
Aug 7, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
MASN — and, by extension, the Orioles – have just called Bud Selig’s bluff. Or, if it wasn’t a bluff, are about to find themselves in big trouble with the commish. And in a pretty gnarly court case.
Aug 7, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Reducing luxury boxes, adding a bar and doing it all with their own money? Good going, Cleveland!
Aug 7, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
And what SHOULD they do?
Aug 7, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Why charge the same commission if you’re not performing the same services?
Aug 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Too much tinkering, not enough patience.
Aug 7, 2014, 10:29 AM EDT
And he answers the question: why was a kid who used an aluminum bat in games holding a wooden bat on his baseball card?
Aug 7, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
This is not a question. It’s a link to an explanation.
Aug 7, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Maybe the best piece of baseball writing I’ve read all year.
Aug 7, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
This picture is not from that catch. This is another one. The photographers at yesterday’s game must have been too busy dropping their jaws to snap a photo of it.
Aug 7, 2014, 8:29 AM EDT
When you outlaw bubble machines in dugouts, only outlaws will have little post-home run bubble dance parties in dugouts.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Aug 6, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
Which was pretty inevitable, I presume.
Aug 6, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
Don’t do drugs, mmmkay?
Aug 6, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
A development which has caused me to become fatalistic about the universe.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 13
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 51
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 52
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 45
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)