Aug 5, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
I feel the need to go on a minor rant. Please bear with me.
Aug 5, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
This story is unlike any I’ve ever seen.
Aug 5, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Tigers win the Anibal Sanchez trade.
Aug 5, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
A new man — or woman — could be in the GM seat in San Diego within 48 hours.
Aug 5, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Kershaw? Puig? Stanton?
Aug 5, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
And dispenses a little savvy advice for the modern athlete.
Aug 5, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
He can be so good and so bad in so short a period of time.
Aug 5, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
It was a far more polite version of the “lollygaggers” speech from “Bull Durham,” but it is a dressing-down all the same.
Aug 5, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Now that there are so many ways to consume and understand baseball, the idea of one man symbolizing everything important about it is obsolete.
Aug 5, 2014, 8:53 AM EDT
And now MLB has to vouch for Bosch to the DEA per its agreement with him.
Aug 5, 2014, 8:20 AM EDT
I call the big one “Bitey.”
Aug 5, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
Don’t look now, but the Angels are only a game back of the A’s in the AL West. And, thus, a game away from having the best record in baseball.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
A lost season ends for the Giants’ righty.
Aug 4, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
I guess that wouldn’t make it a “D.” Well, unless you use a D-cell battery. Then it’s a PED. For now it’s a PE-9-volt.
Aug 4, 2014, 3:28 PM EDT
The headline pretty much covers it. So come in for a neat idea about a 1970s southern boogie band.
Aug 4, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
It’s time for the Gibson-Towers regime to go.
Aug 4, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The future is finally here.
Aug 4, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
I’m sure this doesn’t matter to most of you, but people ask me about it all the time.
Aug 4, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
And it almost always means nothing.
Aug 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
That’s interesting enough, but read this story for what it shows about how teams and teenagers interact on the international market.
Aug 4, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
We’re probably going to be introducing “Matt being Matt” into the lexicon sometime soon.
Aug 4, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Dykstra: “My life for the past year has been my sons, community service, and don’t forget, peeing in the cup.”
Aug 4, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
“Hi. I make an insane amount of money to explain baseball to you. Pretty cool, huh?”
Aug 4, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
“Where was that a week ago?” someone with the Sox probably thought to ask, only before realizing there was no point.
Aug 4, 2014, 8:33 AM EDT
Is this man attempting to break up a double play here? The umps didn’t think so.
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 17
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)