Sep 16, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
To baseball and baseball writers, A-Rod is still Whitey Bulger or Public Enemy Number One. To the cops, he’s just a kid who bought a bag of something.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
MLB acts swiftly when someone grabs their crotch. Let’s see how swiftly it acts when a guy goes headhunting.
Sep 16, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
With this gesture, Jonathan Papelbon made triggering his 2016 option a tad tricker.
Sep 16, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
I have to imagine that spending seven-plus months in close quarters with Yasiel Puig can get on one’s nerves.
Sep 15, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
“Full many a flower is born to blush unseen, And waste its sweetness on the desert air.” — Thomas Gray. Or William Cullen Bryant. I don’t know, I get them mixed up.
Sep 15, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Hope he comes back soon so the Yankees have a shot at making the simulated playoffs.
Sep 15, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Slow and steady progress and a rebuilding of the farm system looks to be rewarded in Queens.
Sep 15, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
A peace offering? A marketing ploy? Who cares, you get your Dodgers for a week, L.A.
Sep 15, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Heck, for that matter, can they?
Sep 15, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
That means Vance Worley moving to the bullpen
Sep 15, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Not that anyone particularly wants to look at it.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
Six finalists — one from each division — were named today and will now be subject for a player vote to determine the winner.
Sep 15, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
If Boog Powell brings you food, you’re living right.
Sep 15, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
It’s not expected to be an ongoing problem, but then again, not much about Justin Verlander’s year has gone as expected.
Sep 15, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
His ERA rose yesterday. It’s now a FULL RUN higher than it was on May 6. Is everything OK with the Dodgers’ ace?
Sep 15, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
You broke it, you bought it, Jones.
Sep 15, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
This is the kind of question you ask on a long road trip.
Sep 15, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
You knew this was coming the moment Ron Washington stepped down.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EDT
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 12, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
That doesn’t fit in with the “Sandy hates Wally” narrative too well, now does it?
Sep 12, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Davis had a therapeutic use exemption to use Adderall last year. This year he didn’t get one and got busted. Why?
Sep 12, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Maybe he stays in Arizona after all.
Sep 12, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
They need him.
Sep 12, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Jenna and I talk about the implications of last night’s awful injury.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 36
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)