Apr 23, 2015, 11:40 AM EDT
Let us gaze into the future, shall we?
Apr 23, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Including a fun idea about what A-Rod could do right now to make the Yankees’ case harder.
Apr 23, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
But before we do, let us throw our lone Royals fan commenter a bone.
Apr 23, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
Timmy won’t be dipping at AT&T Park if a new law passes.
Apr 23, 2015, 9:16 AM EDT
Playing shallow, ranging back, hauling it in. Makes it look easy when it very certainty is not.
Apr 23, 2015, 8:37 AM EDT
Ultimately the right (non)-call was made. But it was made by accident.
Apr 23, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Roberto Kelly is all like “Me? I didn’t do nothin’?” And Mattingly is all like “dude, really?” And Blanco is all like “[whistles innocently]”
Apr 22, 2015, 5:09 PM EDT
As it should have been.
Apr 22, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Yes, he actually said that. In a video that has both some good points and some not-so-good points.
Apr 22, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
This man, per the fan vote anyway, is not one of the four Greatest Living Players. Lol.
Apr 22, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
So, you can close the book on Bernie’s career now, right?
Apr 22, 2015, 11:04 AM EDT
The stupid: it burns.
Apr 22, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
He has yet to ramp up baseball activities to meet that target date.
Apr 22, 2015, 9:38 AM EDT
No, really! Sincerely!
Apr 22, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.
Apr 22, 2015, 8:23 AM EDT
Kept the ball down, induced grounders. He . . . made pitches!
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 21, 2015, 5:22 PM EDT
The Marlins haven’t had a controversy or a do-over on major decisions in months. They’re overdue at this point, no?
Apr 21, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
Some men just want to watch the world burn.
Apr 21, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
The incident happened on Sunday
Apr 21, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
Nothing for the Athletics.
Apr 21, 2015, 2:55 PM EDT
One answer: because clubs and leagues like to pretend that they’re quasi-public entities who answer to the press. Even if they’re for-profit businesses.
Apr 21, 2015, 11:28 AM EDT
Bryan Price doesn’t fully grok what was so remarkable about his rant. And the Reds don’t seem to care.
Apr 21, 2015, 11:06 AM EDT
The future is now.
Apr 21, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
But, like everything else having to do with their treatment of him, there’s a thread of cynicism to it.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 3
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 6
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)