Jul 9, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
The Dodgers, however, will only be on the hook for $4.5 million of that. Or less than 2% of their annual payroll.
Jul 9, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Well, that’s one solution. Very NFL in its efficiency and simplicity when you think about it.
Jul 9, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
The Red Sox are apparently calling it a year.
Jul 9, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
As would be many other teams.
Jul 9, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Understandable, but it would be pretty darn surprising if he were dealt.
Jul 9, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
And presents us with a philosophical question
Jul 9, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
And he’s right to not be pleased. Even if he (and everyone else in this littler drama) is being pretty lame.
Jul 9, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Beer. Meat. Memories of a dude who was friggin’ amazing once upon a time, but whom we all seem to have forgotten.
Jul 9, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
He’s right, of course.
Jul 9, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Don’t worry, Mr. Monfort. They’re way ahead of you.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
This was Jacob deGrom’s best performance since he played Jim Morrison in that Oliver Stone Doors flick.
Jul 8, 2014, 5:46 PM EDT
But he didn’t need one, because he’s Keith Hernandez.
Jul 8, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
When a sports talk dude can basically tell a general manager “scoreboard!” it’s not a good day for the GM.
Jul 8, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
With the break it’s good timing, so he may only miss one or two starts.
Jul 8, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
I wanna play poker with this guy.
Jul 8, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
A man whose name is synonymous with change in baseball tells us that even more is coming.
Jul 8, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Pro tip: if you claim that someone said something bad about you, try to be sure they actually said something bad about you.
Jul 8, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Normally it’s someone from the New York media who says a player can’t cut it in New York. Yesterday, Brian McCann’s former hitting coach said it.
Jul 8, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
The 70s, man. The 70s.
Jul 8, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
Hey, it’s better than Pitbull. He performed last year. That actually happened.
Jul 8, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
And, really, he wasn’t terrible in that stretch.
Jul 8, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Don’t click on this as if you don’t know exactly what you’re gonna get.
The umpires let the Mets challenge a “neighborhood play” last night. They’re not supposed to do that.
Jul 8, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Hey, here’s a neat idea: let’s challenge non-challengable plays to see if they should be challenged! Could be cool?
Jul 8, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Not a popular move among Mariners players, but when you’re actually contending you gotta make hard choices sometimes.
Jul 8, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
It took ‘em 53 years to do it, but they’re now back to sea level.
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 0
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 12
- The Lester trade is a win-win 100
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 158
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (158)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)