Feb 23, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT
As if it matters in any way, shape or form.
Feb 23, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Matt Railey, come on down!
Feb 23, 2015, 3:04 PM EDT
What thing that is: unclear.
Feb 23, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
Because everything he does bothers someone.
Feb 23, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
We’ll let science decide.
Feb 23, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
On the bright side, however: he’s in the BSOHRML. Read the article to learn what that means.
Feb 23, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
He won’t be batting leadoff in St. Louis. He sounds happy about that.
Feb 23, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
The first day of full workouts is about as low stress as it gets for managers all season. I suppose that explains the plainspokenness.
Feb 23, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
A long affiliation is coming to an end.
Feb 23, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Only 13 more seasons left in the Trop, Rays fans!
Feb 23, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Baseball-Reference.com doesn’t list player minutes because that would be silly. But the Pirates are thinking, in their own way, about such things.
Feb 23, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
He’s not in camp yet, but he’s been hitting at home and tells his manager that he’s pain-free.
Feb 23, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Great news from a Phillies great.
Feb 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
But the good news is that he doesn’t really have to be.
Feb 23, 2015, 7:08 AM EDT
As history has shown, however, it’s often difficult for managers who quit to get back into baseball.
Feb 20, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
If Latos invites you to a cookout: say no.
Feb 20, 2015, 2:52 PM EDT
Maybe they can move to Carson too?
Feb 20, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
He was the second-longest tenured ump in the bigs.
Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect.
Feb 20, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
You know, like Cal Ripken did to Zaun.
Feb 20, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
The new rules make sense and shouldn’t cause too much disruption. And they may actually, you know, speed up the game.
Feb 20, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
Batters must keep a foot in the box, pitchers must be ready to go when the commercials are over and everything that happens between innings is gonna be timed.
Feb 20, 2015, 9:59 AM EDT
I know you’re sick of A-Rod stories, but I’m sorry, when someone refrains from calling him the antichrist, that’s news.
Feb 20, 2015, 8:48 AM EDT
He served his time and is trying to be a better citizen. But he still doesn’t think he endangered anyone by driving 105 m.p.h. on an urban freeway.
Feb 20, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
If anyone needs me, I’ll be spending the second week of March getting my rear end kicked by this man, probably.
Feb 19, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
A pretty SABR-savvy move for a manager not often lauded as SABR-savvy.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)