Feb 27, 2015, 11:04 PM EST
The Rangers will shut down Edgar Olmos days after picking him up on a waiver claim from the Mariners.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:55 PM EST
Eury Perez is the early favorite to take over in center field while Melvin Upton recovers from a foot injury.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:05 PM EST
New Twins manager Paul Molitor cracked down on electronics usage in his first address to the full squad at spring training.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:10 PM EST
Ryan Howard had his first full healthy season since 2011 and both GM Ruben Amaro, Jr. and guest instructor Dan Plesac thought he looked like he was in very good shape.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:20 PM EST
Two more suitors enter the Dayan Viciedo sweepstakes.
Feb 27, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
Michael Saunders will return to the Blue Jays a lot sooner than anticipated.
Feb 27, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
For the second time this offseason, the Athletics have claimed Alex Hassan off waivers.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:36 PM EST
Chris Davis will get some work in the outfield this spring. He hasn’t played there since 2012.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
MLBPA executive director Tony Clark will be keeping a close eye on how the Cubs handle the eventual promotion of prospect Kris Bryant.
Feb 22, 2015, 11:20 PM EST
It doesn’t come as any surprise that Julio Teheran will likely be toeing the slab for the Braves on Opening Day.
Feb 22, 2015, 10:28 PM EST
The Brewers are still plenty interested in bringing Francisco Rodriguez on board. The veteran is reportedly asking for a $10 million salary.
Feb 22, 2015, 10:10 PM EST
Ever wonder what it’s like showing up at spring training as a new guy?
Feb 22, 2015, 10:00 PM EST
Most players like to cut off contract negotiations once the regular season begins, but David Price would listen to offers if the Tigers want to talk.
Feb 22, 2015, 9:05 PM EST
Just how long does Albert Pujols plan to play baseball?
Feb 22, 2015, 8:10 PM EST
CC Sabathia, 305 pounds. Woof.
Feb 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EST
Mat Latos thinks a veteran presence can tie a young team together and pointed to the 2012 and ’13 Reds teams as examples.
Feb 22, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
John Axford knows what he’s talking about when it comes to the Oscars, as he went 18-for-18 last season. Can he keep the streak alive tonight?
Feb 22, 2015, 6:36 PM EST
Gregg Zaun didn’t really back down from the pro-hazing comments he made recently.
Feb 22, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Ruben Amaro made some negative comments about Ryan Howard in a radio appearance back in December. The Phillies’ GM has apologized to Howard for those comments.
Feb 21, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
Alex Gordon has a tough decision ahead of him — he has a player option for the 2016 season. If he doesn’t choose to use it, he would become a free agent after this season.
Feb 21, 2015, 10:55 PM EST
Jordan Zimmermann can become a free agent after the 2015 season, and he won’t discuss a contract extension once the regular season starts.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 21, 2015, 8:25 PM EST
Manager Terry Collins believes the Mets have what it takes to get back to the playoffs.
Feb 21, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
The Giants offered $5 million more to James Shields than he ultimately wound up signing for with the Padres.
Feb 21, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Ben Cherington will serve as the GM of the Red Sox beyond the 2015 season, according to a report.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 286
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (287)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)