May 30, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
After designating him for assignment last week, the Pirates placed Wandy Rodriguez on unconditional release waivers on Friday.
May 30, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Giants hoped Matt Cain would feel well enough to start on Saturday against the Cardinals, but the team scratched him due to lingering discomfort in his hamstring. Yusmeiro Petit will start in his place.
May 25, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Padres designated two pitchers, Blaine Boyer and Billy Buckner, for assignment on Sunday to make room for Tommy Medica and Troy Patton.
May 25, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Sans Prince Fielder, the Rangers are looking to fill the void at first base. Tyler Moore could be one option for them.
May 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Dee Gordon swiped a pair of bases in support of Josh Beckett as he threw a no-hitter against the Phillies on Sunday. He could do something that hasn’t been done in 26 years.
May 25, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
What are the odds that a minor leaguer’s first home run at a new level would be caught by his own parent? Conrad Gregor defied them on Saturday night.
May 25, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Chris Colabello has been slumping badly since late April. The Twins demoted him to Triple-A on Sunday in the hopes that he can rediscover his swing.
May 25, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Eric Young Jr. is expected to hit the 15-day DL and Matt den Dekker will take his place.
May 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz blasted his 16th home run of the season on Sunday against the Indians to become baseball’s current home run leader.
May 25, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Blue Jays held the American League’s best offense to five runs in a three-game series sweep. Are they for real?
May 24, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
Carlos Gonzalez has been out since leaving Wednesday’s game against the Giants in the eighth inning. He says he’ll be back in the lineup for the Rockies on Sunday.
May 24, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Matt Cain has been trying to avoid a stint on the DL after a mild strain of his hamstring, but he may not be able to make Monday’s start against the Cubs.
May 24, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Taijuan Walker will begin a rehab assignment on Wednesday. If things go well, he could join the Mariners’ rotation in early June.
May 24, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
The Red Sox haven’t been enjoying the last week and a half of baseball.
May 24, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
A beer vendor unwittingly made a web gem during Saturday’s Dodgers-Phillies game.
May 24, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
R.A. Dickey held the Athletics to two runs over 8 1/3 innings with the Rogers Centre roof open for the first time this season. Dickey didn’t want to talk about it.
May 24, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Coco Crisp is developing a game in which you catch baseballs in his hair. He wants some help coming up with a name for it.
May 24, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Corey Kluber was magnificant in Saturday afternoon’s start against the Orioles. He deserves a little bit of press for what he’s done this season.
May 24, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Carlos Gomez enjoys batting cleanup and aims to stay there going forward.
May 23, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Ryan Braun, dealing with an oblique injury, could return to the Brewers’ lineup on Saturday.
May 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Jayson Werth’s numbers are good, but not quite where they have been in previous years. Has he been unlucky?
May 23, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
The Rockies may be without Nolan Arenado for a while.
May 23, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig plays the game to have fun. That’s what he’s supposed to do, right?
May 23, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton hit another baseball very far.
May 23, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Yovani Gallardo’s next start, scheduled for Sunday, is in doubt, especially now that Jimmy Nelson has been scratched from Friday night’s start at Triple-A.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 21
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 43
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 30
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 35
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 83
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 7
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 88
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (103)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)