May 23, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Esmil Rogers posted a 6.97 ERA for the Blue Jays out of the bullpen, so they designated him for assignment to make room for Liam Hendriks.
May 23, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Mired in offensive turmoil, Justin Maxwell will try to figure things out at Triple-A Omaha.
May 18, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
It’s official: Hyun-Jin Ryu will return from the disabled list and start on Wednesday against the Mets.
May 18, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Rockies needed a little help from the second base umpire, but they turned a triple play in the third inning on Sunday against the Padres.
May 18, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
The Athletics have a +95 run differential after Sunday’s 13-3 victory over the Indians. There’s no other team in baseball even close to them in that department.
May 18, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The Tigers’ right-hander, off to a fantastic start in his first eight starts, will get some extra rest and start on Saturday instead of Thursday.
May 18, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Marcus Stroman struggled in his first taste of major league competition. The Blue Jays sent him back to Triple-A Buffalo.
May 18, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
More injury news for the Rangers. It’s becoming an epidemic.
May 18, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Albert Pujols tied Eddie Murray for 25th on the career home runs list with 504 home runs after smacking a pair of dingers on Sunday against the Rays.
May 18, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
Matt Wieters has been dealing with a sore elbow. After receiving a platelet-rich plasma injection, he’ll take a little while longer to come off of the disabled list.
May 18, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
Rangers starter Derek Holland feels ready to begin a rehab assignment, but GM Jon Daniels is “tapping the brakes” on that idea.
May 18, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
Braves reliever Jonny Venters felt soreness in his elbow during Wednesday’s live bullpen. It’s just a minor setback for now, however.
May 18, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Corey Hart, seemingly perpetually injured, suffered an injury on Sunday against the Twins.
May 18, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
Jeff Francis, designated for assignment by the Reds on Friday, has been picked up off of waivers by the Athletics.
May 18, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Giddyup, there could be minor league affiliate drama between the Athletics and GIants.
May 18, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
A sportswriter wrote an anti-stats screed. It went about as one would expect.
May 18, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
The Tigers got a key starter back on Sunday as they activated Anibal Sanchez from the disabled list.
May 18, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
The Reds, ravaged by injuries, got a key starter back on Sunday afternoon.
May 18, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
The White Sox got Adam Eaton back from a hamstring injury but lost Jose Abreu to an ankle injury.
May 17, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
The Yankees may have to wait longer than expected to get CC Sabathia back from his knee injury.
May 17, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Cole Hamels achieved a milestone in Saturday’s victory over the Reds, picking up his 100th career win.
May 17, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
J.P. Arencibia has a wee bit of a persecution complex with the Toronto media.
May 17, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Umpire Jerry Layne let his pride get in the way of an otherwise good ballgame.
May 17, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Juan Lagares showed the Mets why he should be the team’s everyday center fielder on Saturday afternoon.
May 17, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
In life, you can count on death, taxes, and Prince Fielder being in the lineup. That is, until Saturday night.
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 1
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 45
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (143)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)