Nov 7, 2014, 8:52 PM EST
Reds GM Walt Jocketty has his eye on free agents Michael Morse and Norichika Aoki.
Nov 7, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
The Pirates added some infield depth, selecting Jake Elmore off of waivers from the Reds on Friday.
Nov 7, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The Braves signed a trio of players to minor league deals, including Greg Smith and Eli Whiteside.
Nov 7, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Hanley Ramirez is willing to play third base, and perhaps corner outfield or first base, if that’s what his next team requests of him.
Nov 2, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Jed Lowrie isn’t expected to get a $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Athletics.
Nov 2, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
Jose Fernandez shouldn’t be expected to take the hill until June or July, according to Marlins president of baseball operations Michael Hill.
Nov 2, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Archie Bradley has incorporated a slider into his repertoire, and he’s also been working on his mechanics to improve his control in the Arizona Fall League.
Nov 2, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada will hold a showcase for representatives from all 30 MLB teams on November 12.
Nov 2, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Indians shortstop prospect Francisco Lindor will have to prove himself at Triple-A at the start of the 2015 season before the club thinks about promoting him.
Nov 2, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The Braves will make a $15.3 million qualifying offer to starter Ervin Santana.
Nov 2, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
39-year-old Hiroki Kuroda is unlikely to receive a $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Yankees, but David Robertson is.
Nov 1, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Former big leaguer C.J. Nitkowski argues that the Royals should trade closer Greg Holland.
Nov 1, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
The Rockies felt $12 million was too high a price to pay for Brett Anderson, so they declined his 2015 club option. They would still like to bring him back, however.
Nov 1, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
It sounds like Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos expects outfielder Melky Cabrera to hit free agency, though he still thinks they may eventually be able to work out a deal.
Nov 1, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
The Orioles declined their $5 million club option on catcher Nick Hundley, but they would still like to bring him back at a lower price.
Nov 1, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Aramis Ramirez has two more days to decide whether to exercise his half of a mutual option and return to the Brewers for the 2015 season.
Nov 1, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
The Marlins will be bringing back Jeff Mathis after exercising a $1.5 million option on the catcher.
Nov 1, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
The Orioles declined their half of a mutual option on Nick Markakis on Friday night, but they still want to keep the outfielder in Baltimore.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
The Angels are expected to address their pitching needs by making Howie Kendrick or David Freese available in a trade.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Veteran lefty Jeff Francis has agreed to a minor league deal with an invitation to spring training with the Blue Jays.
Oct 31, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
The Blue Jays will exercise a $6.7 million club option on J.A. Happ for the 2015 season.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Twins prospect Byron Buxton had surgery on Thursday to repair a dislocated middle finger on his left hand.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Nick Markakis is a free agent after the Orioles declined their half of a $17.5 million mutual option for the 2015 season.
Oct 31, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Pablo Sandoval says he wants to retire a Giant. He’s a free agent and is expected to sign a lengthy, expensive contract.
Oct 31, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
Chad Billingsley is now a free agent after the Dodgers declined their club option for the 2015 season.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)