Nov 8, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
At 41 years of age, Ichiro Suzuki has no plans of retiring yet.
Nov 8, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
The Yankees and outfielder Chris Young have agreed to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
The Angels designated Roger Kieschnick for assignment to make room for Jeremy McBryde, whom the club signed to a major league contract.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Craig Counsell, Raul Ibanez, and Don Wakamatsu had phone interviews with the Rays for the team’s open managerial position.
Nov 7, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Mark Trumbo will play right field for the Diamondbacks next season. Getcha popcorn ready.
Nov 7, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
The Dodgers announced that they have added Gabe Kapler and Billy Gasparino to their front office.
Nov 7, 2014, 8:52 PM EST
Reds GM Walt Jocketty has his eye on free agents Michael Morse and Norichika Aoki.
Nov 7, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
The Pirates added some infield depth, selecting Jake Elmore off of waivers from the Reds on Friday.
Nov 7, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The Braves signed a trio of players to minor league deals, including Greg Smith and Eli Whiteside.
Nov 7, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Hanley Ramirez is willing to play third base, and perhaps corner outfield or first base, if that’s what his next team requests of him.
Nov 2, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Jed Lowrie isn’t expected to get a $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Athletics.
Nov 2, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
Jose Fernandez shouldn’t be expected to take the hill until June or July, according to Marlins president of baseball operations Michael Hill.
Nov 2, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Archie Bradley has incorporated a slider into his repertoire, and he’s also been working on his mechanics to improve his control in the Arizona Fall League.
Nov 2, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada will hold a showcase for representatives from all 30 MLB teams on November 12.
Nov 2, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Indians shortstop prospect Francisco Lindor will have to prove himself at Triple-A at the start of the 2015 season before the club thinks about promoting him.
Nov 2, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The Braves will make a $15.3 million qualifying offer to starter Ervin Santana.
Nov 2, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
39-year-old Hiroki Kuroda is unlikely to receive a $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Yankees, but David Robertson is.
Nov 1, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Former big leaguer C.J. Nitkowski argues that the Royals should trade closer Greg Holland.
Nov 1, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
The Rockies felt $12 million was too high a price to pay for Brett Anderson, so they declined his 2015 club option. They would still like to bring him back, however.
Nov 1, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
It sounds like Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos expects outfielder Melky Cabrera to hit free agency, though he still thinks they may eventually be able to work out a deal.
Nov 1, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
The Orioles declined their $5 million club option on catcher Nick Hundley, but they would still like to bring him back at a lower price.
Nov 1, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Aramis Ramirez has two more days to decide whether to exercise his half of a mutual option and return to the Brewers for the 2015 season.
Nov 1, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
The Marlins will be bringing back Jeff Mathis after exercising a $1.5 million option on the catcher.
Nov 1, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
The Orioles declined their half of a mutual option on Nick Markakis on Friday night, but they still want to keep the outfielder in Baltimore.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
The Angels are expected to address their pitching needs by making Howie Kendrick or David Freese available in a trade.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)