Jun 1, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle reached double digits in wins on Sunday against the Royals while lowering his ERA to 2.10. He’s been enjoying a very productive season for the Blue Jays.
Jun 1, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Orioles fans were anxiously awaiting the results of Nelson Cruz’s x-rays after he was hit on the hand with a pitch Sunday afternoon, but he is listed as day-to-day with a hand contusion.
Jun 1, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Stephen Drew will make his season debut with the Red Sox on Monday against the Indians.
Jun 1, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The poor beat writers for the Mets and Phillies have been subjected to so much mediocre baseball between the two clubs lately.
May 31, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos captured baseball’s elusive five-ball walk on Friday against the Rangers.
May 31, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
All’s quiet on the Pablo Sandoval contract extension front.
May 31, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
It may be 2014, but Ryan Howard was able to reach another offensive milestone on Saturday against the Mets.
May 31, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Ruben Tejada shocked the baseball world by homering on Saturday against the Phillies.
May 31, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz has been among baseball’s best hitters through the first two months of the season.
May 31, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Marcus Stroman was impressive in his first big league start on Saturday against the Royals, but he felt that the Blue Jays’ offense was way more impressive.
May 31, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
The Astros were easily the unlikeliest team to go on a seven-game winning streak. Well, you’ll never guess what happened.
May 31, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
David Ortiz made some stirring comments about David Price to the media after Friday’s game. Price responded on Saturday.
May 31, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Another month, more injury-related news regarding Yankees starter Michael Pineda.
May 30, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Slugger Jose Abreu is on track to return to the White Sox on Monday.
May 30, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado won’t need surgery to repair a left mallet finger fracture.
May 30, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
One of the rarer plays in baseball, Jose Bautista has made a 9-3 putout in consecutive games.
May 30, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
After a brief stint in the Blue Jays’ bullpen, Marcus Stroman will make his first big league start on Saturday against the Royals.
May 30, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
New Royals hitting coach Dale Sveum offers up a theory on the team’s offensive futility.
May 30, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
There is a lot of bad blood between the Red Sox and Rays. Things boiled over on Friday night.
May 30, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
At long last, Cardinals prospect Oscar Taveras is on his way to the big leagues.
May 30, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
ESPN’s Dodgers beat writer Mark Saxon suggests the team should shift Hanley Ramirez from shortstop to third base.
May 30, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman could be back in the Nationals’ starting lineup as soon as Tuesday.
May 30, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
After designating him for assignment last week, the Pirates placed Wandy Rodriguez on unconditional release waivers on Friday.
May 30, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Giants hoped Matt Cain would feel well enough to start on Saturday against the Cardinals, but the team scratched him due to lingering discomfort in his hamstring. Yusmeiro Petit will start in his place.
May 25, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Padres designated two pitchers, Blaine Boyer and Billy Buckner, for assignment on Sunday to make room for Tommy Medica and Troy Patton.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 0
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 2
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)