Oct 11, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
It looks like another wild one nearly halfway through Game 2 of the ALCS between the Royals and Orioles.
Oct 11, 2014, 12:34 AM EST
Alex Gordon and Mike Moustakas both homered in the top of the 10th inning, giving the Royals a three-run lead as they attempt to take Game 1 of the ALCS from the Orioles.
Oct 11, 2014, 12:11 AM EST
The Royals loaded the bases with no outs in the top of the ninth and couldn’t push across a run to break a 5-5 tie in Game 1 of the ALCS against the Orioles.
Oct 10, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
The Diamondbacks have narrowed their search for a new manager to four candidates. They are expected to announce a decision on Monday.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
The Orioles fell behind 5-1 but a three-run fifth inning helped them pull to within one run of the Royals in Game 1 of the ALCS.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
Chris Tillman didn’t go nearly as deep into his ALCS Game 1 start against the Royals as the Orioles had hoped. He failed to make it out of the fifth inning on Friday.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Adam Wainwright isn’t concerned about his barking right elbow going into his NLCS Game 1 start against the Giants.
Oct 10, 2014, 9:18 PM EST
The Royals battered Orioles starter Chris Tillman for four runs in the third inning of ALCS Game 1.
Oct 10, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
Michael Saunders and his agent are unhappy with comments Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik made publicly, calling into question the outfielder’s conditioning.
Oct 10, 2014, 8:12 PM EST
We have action in Baltimore as the ALCS gets under way despite earlier rain.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Pirates offered a contract extension to Russell Martin but the catcher rejected it. Martin is expected to draw significant interest when he hits the free agent market shortly.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Michael Morse has returned to the Giants, adding some potency off of the bench for them in the NLCS against the Cardinals.
Oct 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
Major League Baseball levied a $5,000 fine to Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina for shoving umpire Jerry Meals in Game 1 of the NLDS.
Oct 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Rangers added some depth by acquiring infielder Ed Lucas on a waiver claim from the Marlins on Friday.
Oct 5, 2014, 11:36 PM EST
Greg Holland fanned the best player in the game to wrap up an ALDS sweep of the Angels for the Royals.
Oct 5, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
The Royals have swept the Angels out of the playoffs. They’ll move on to face the Orioles in the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 10:59 PM EST
Buck Showalter is a wizard.
Oct 5, 2014, 10:39 PM EST
Fernando Tatis, the only player to ever hit two grand slams in one inning, has officially retired from baseball.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
The Royals are 12 defensive outs away from sweeping the Angels and advancing to the ALCS to face the Orioles.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Nationals manager Matt Williams is considering putting Ryan Zimmerman in the lineup for Game 3 of the NLDS against the Giants and Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Torii Hunter told the media, after his Tigers were swept out of the ALDS by the Orioles, that he is considering retirement.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:03 PM EST
The Royals fell behind in the top of the first of ALDS Game 3, but rallied for three runs in the bottom half to chase C.J. Wilson from the game.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:47 PM EST
Watch the double play that ended ALDS Game 3, sending the Orioles into the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
The Orioles are headed to the ALCS after sweeping the Tigers in the ALDS with a 2-1 Game 3 win on Sunday.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 34
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (88)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)