May 11, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
Matt Carpenter will rejoin the Cardinals to open up a three-game series in Cleveland on Tuesday.
May 11, 2015, 9:09 PM EDT
Kenley Jansen will return at long last on Saturday, but won’t immediately begin closing out games.
May 11, 2015, 8:21 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez is in fourth place on baseball’s all-time home run leaderboard, now with 662 career home runs.
May 11, 2015, 7:50 PM EDT
Archie Bradley will soon make his first start since getting hit with a line drive. He’ll face the Phillies on Saturday.
May 10, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
If the Pirates could find a taker for Jose Tabata, that’d be great.
May 10, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
A dad holding his baby caught a foul ball bare-handed at Citizens Bank Park.
May 10, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Two of the greatest pitchers of this generation each achieved personal strikeout milestones on Sunday.
May 10, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
David Price will get an extra couple of days to deal with a hamstring injury suffered in a start against the Royals on Friday.
May 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will start on Tuesday against the Diamondbacks after leaving his previous start with an injury.
May 10, 2015, 12:05 AM EDT
Bad news for the Rays: it looks like Drew Smyly is headed for season-ending shoulder surgery.
May 9, 2015, 11:40 PM EDT
The Athletics added some bullpen depth on Saturday night, acquiring Edward Mujica from the Red Sox.
May 9, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Carlos Rodon earned the win in his first major league start against the Reds on Saturday.
May 9, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
Chase Utley is batting a miserable .099 and has been benched for three of the Phillies’ last four games, but Mike Schmidt is still a believer.
May 9, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Bryce Harper can’t be stopped.
May 9, 2015, 8:57 PM EDT
Asdrubal Cabrera didn’t take too kindly to Adam Rosales elbowing him.
May 9, 2015, 8:47 PM EDT
Starling Marte could only make it through three innings Saturday against the Cardinals.
May 9, 2015, 8:22 PM EDT
Kris Bryant has finally hit his first major league home run.
May 9, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
The Pirates turned an odd 4-5-4 triple play in the second inning against the Cardinals.
May 9, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Allen Craig is scuffling at the plate, and the Red Sox are running out of patience.
May 9, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Blue Jays added some starting pitching depth on Saturday by signing Joel Pineiro to a minor league deal.
May 8, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
The Dodgers are likely to activate Yasiel Puig from the disabled list on Monday.
May 8, 2015, 11:41 PM EDT
David Price stepped on a bat and hurt his hamstring in Friday’s start against the Royals.
May 8, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Jarrod Parker left a rehab start on Friday with an elbow injury, which is bad news for the right-hander.
May 8, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Blue Jays hitting coach Brook Jacoby didn’t apologize for an altercation with umpires, resulting in a 14-game suspension.
May 8, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Bryce Harper has five home runs in his last two ballgames.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)