Aug 10, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Jenrry Mejia has a hernia, but feels very strongly about finishing out the rest of the season before considering surgery.
Aug 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Clayton Kershaw made a spectacular defensive play in the fifth inning of Sunday’s win against the Brewers.
Aug 10, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
John Lackey called Caleb Joseph’s home run on Saturday — Joseph’s fifth consecutive game with a home run — a “Baltimore home run”, presumably slighting Joseph’s blast because Camden Yards is friendlier to hitters than to pitchers.
Aug 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Brett Anderson’s season is likely done after he was diagnosed with a bulging disk in his lower back.
Aug 10, 2014, 12:42 AM EST
The Dodgers acquired starter Kevin Correia from the Twins for a player to be named later.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Pedro Alvarez seems to be okay with potentially moving across the diamond to first base. He has taken fielding practice there over the last two days.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
Trevor May made his major league debut in a start against the Athletics on Saturday night, but it ended much sooner than he had hoped.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
Garrett Richards is working on something special against the Red Sox in his Saturday night start at home.
Aug 9, 2014, 10:51 PM EST
Brad Penny made his first start since September 25, 2011. The Marlins starter went five innings and picked up the win against the Reds on Saturday.
Aug 9, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
After releasing him at the end of July, the Yankees signed infielder Scott Sizemore to a minor league deal on Saturday.
Aug 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
Adam Eaton is back on the disabled list with an oblique injury.
Aug 9, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Nationals outfield prospect Michael Taylor is expected to join the team in Atlanta tomorrow, a result of some recent injuries to the club’s outfielders.
Aug 9, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
The Phillies honored former manager Charlie Manuel by inducting him into the Phillies Wall of Fame prior to Saturday night’s game against the Mets.
Aug 9, 2014, 7:46 PM EST
Orioles catcher Caleb Joseph has homered in five consecutive games. If he does it again tomorrow, he’ll tie the major league record.
Aug 9, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Seemingly always injured, Hanley Ramirez is out of Saturday’s lineup after experiencing tightness in his right side prior to Friday’s game against the Brewers.
Aug 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Joe Nathan blew his seventh save on Saturday afternoon, but manager Brad Ausmus gave his closer a vote of confidence.
Aug 8, 2014, 11:35 PM EST
Nick Swisher’s play at first base this year hasn’t impressed Indians GM Chris Antonelli, who suggested on Friday that Swisher could move back to the outfield next season.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:54 PM EST
The Chris Young experiment in Queens is over, as the Mets designated the outfielder for assignment on Friday night.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Bartolo Colon joined the 200-win club with a strong performance against the Phillies on Friday night.
Aug 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
It might be tough for the Marlins to lock up Giancarlo Stanton, according to Jon Heyman’s report.
Aug 8, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
George Springer suffered a minor setback in a minor league rehab game earlier this week, and the Astros will reevaluate him over the weekend.
Aug 8, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Derek Jeter keeps on making history. He tied Honus Wagner for sixth on baseball’s all-time hits list with his 3,430th hit on Friday night against the Indians.
Aug 8, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
The Pirates will wait a few extra days, if necessary, before deciding if they’ll place outfielder Andrew McCutchen on the disabled list.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
The Dodgers placed Josh Beckett on the 15-day disabled list due to hip and groin injuries.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:09 PM EST
Brandon Belt’s tough summer continues, as the Giants have placed him back on the 7-day concussion disabled list.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 33
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)