Apr 11, 2015, 12:25 PM EDT
Andrew McCutchen took himself out of Friday night’s game against the Brewers with discomfort in his left knee.
Apr 11, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
The Yankees don’t appear to be backing down from previous threats to take Alex Rodriguez to arbitration over his $30 million marketing agreement, which would pay him $6 million for each of five home run milestones.
Apr 11, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
Joey Votto was colorful in describing himself to the media after hitting a pair of home runs on Friday night.
Apr 11, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
Andrelton Simmons doing Andrelton Simmons things.
Apr 11, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
Justin Morneau hit an opposite-field home run for the 1,500th hit of his career.
Apr 11, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
The Reds won in their final at-bat for the fourth time in four games to start the season. Tigers pitching finally yielded an earned run. Mark Buehrle won his 200th career game. Friday had a lot of interesting results.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Clay Buchholz stepped out of the batter’s box on Opening Day and received a warning letter from Major League Baseball.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
On Friday against the Cardinals, the Reds became the first team since 1912 to win their first four games in their final at-bat.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Pitching has been the Tigers’ forte to start the season. They hadn’t allowed an earned run until the sixth inning on Friday against the Indians — their fourth game of the season.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle has become the 116th pitcher to win at least 200 games in his career.
Apr 10, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
The Angels may try to use some language in Josh Hamilton’s contract to get out of paying him.
Apr 10, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
The injury bug bites the Rangers again.
Apr 10, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Billy Hamilton is the first player to steal six bases in his team’s first three games since Vince Coleman in 1987. Coleman was the last player to steal 100-plus bases. Could Hamilton accomplish the feat?
Apr 10, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Ian Kennedy suffered a mildly strained hamstring in his season debut and will be placed on the disabled list.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Reds and Johnny Cueto didn’t match up on a contract extension, as the right-hander has some big numbers in mind.
Apr 5, 2015, 11:23 PM EDT
The Cardinals blanked the Cubs 3-0 on Opening Night in Chicago on Sunday, officially kicking off the 2015 regular season.
Apr 5, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
It will be a while until the Red Sox and Rick Porcello sit back down to discuss a contract extension.
Apr 5, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Carlos Quentin shouldn’t go apartment-hunting in Atlanta.
Apr 5, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Three seasons separated from his last pitch in the majors, Ryan Madson has made it back as part of the Royals’ bullpen.
Apr 5, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
The Phillies are holding out on a bid to host the All-Star Game until 2026 for a particular reason.
Apr 5, 2015, 6:19 PM EDT
With hours to go until Opening Night, the Padres swung another big trade, choosing the Braves yet again as a partner.
Apr 4, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton has supporters in the Angels’ clubhouse amid the controversy involving his relapse with drugs.
Apr 4, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks made another pair of tough decisions on Saturday night.
Apr 4, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
Free agent reliever Rafael Soriano still isn’t close to signing.
Apr 4, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
The Phillies added some pitching depth on Saturday, agreeing to a deal with Dustin McGowan.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)