Oct 10, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Adam Wainwright isn’t concerned about his barking right elbow going into his NLCS Game 1 start against the Giants.
Oct 10, 2014, 9:18 PM EST
The Royals battered Orioles starter Chris Tillman for four runs in the third inning of ALCS Game 1.
Oct 10, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
Michael Saunders and his agent are unhappy with comments Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik made publicly, calling into question the outfielder’s conditioning.
Oct 10, 2014, 8:12 PM EST
We have action in Baltimore as the ALCS gets under way despite earlier rain.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Pirates offered a contract extension to Russell Martin but the catcher rejected it. Martin is expected to draw significant interest when he hits the free agent market shortly.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Michael Morse has returned to the Giants, adding some potency off of the bench for them in the NLCS against the Cardinals.
Oct 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
Major League Baseball levied a $5,000 fine to Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina for shoving umpire Jerry Meals in Game 1 of the NLDS.
Oct 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Rangers added some depth by acquiring infielder Ed Lucas on a waiver claim from the Marlins on Friday.
Oct 5, 2014, 11:36 PM EST
Greg Holland fanned the best player in the game to wrap up an ALDS sweep of the Angels for the Royals.
Oct 5, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
The Royals have swept the Angels out of the playoffs. They’ll move on to face the Orioles in the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 10:59 PM EST
Buck Showalter is a wizard.
Oct 5, 2014, 10:39 PM EST
Fernando Tatis, the only player to ever hit two grand slams in one inning, has officially retired from baseball.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
The Royals are 12 defensive outs away from sweeping the Angels and advancing to the ALCS to face the Orioles.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Nationals manager Matt Williams is considering putting Ryan Zimmerman in the lineup for Game 3 of the NLDS against the Giants and Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Torii Hunter told the media, after his Tigers were swept out of the ALDS by the Orioles, that he is considering retirement.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:03 PM EST
The Royals fell behind in the top of the first of ALDS Game 3, but rallied for three runs in the bottom half to chase C.J. Wilson from the game.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:47 PM EST
Watch the double play that ended ALDS Game 3, sending the Orioles into the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
The Orioles are headed to the ALCS after sweeping the Tigers in the ALDS with a 2-1 Game 3 win on Sunday.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
Matt Williams says he kicked himself “all night” for taking out Jordan Zimmermann with two outs in the ninth inning in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Giants on Saturday night. But was his decision really wrong?
Oct 5, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The Orioles took a 2-0 lead in the sixth inning of ALDS Game 3 against the Tigers thanks to Nelson Cruz’s two-run home run off of David Price.
Oct 5, 2014, 5:59 PM EST
Alex Avila took a foul ball off of his facemask and was forced to leave ALDS Game 3 in the sixth inning.
Oct 5, 2014, 1:25 AM EST
The Dodgers were able to even up the NLDS at 1-1 thanks to Matt Kemp’s go-ahead solo home run in the eighth inning of Game 2 on Saturday night.
Oct 5, 2014, 1:09 AM EST
The Cardinals and Dodgers traded late homers, but it was Matt Kemp’s solo shot in the bottom of the eighth that allowed the Dodgers to emerge victorious, evening the NLDS at 1-1.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:43 AM EST
Can anybody stop Matt Carpenter in October?
Oct 5, 2014, 12:16 AM EST
Brandon Belt was the offensive hero for the Giants in Game 2 of the NLDS on Saturday night, breaking an 18th-inning 1-1 tie with a solo home run.
- Report: Cuban infielder Hector Olivera could have damaged ulnar collateral ligament 1
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 12
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 10
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 142
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (144)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)