Jun 29, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Jose Altuve keeps on truckin’. He logged three more hits and stole two more bases in Sunday’s win over the Tigers.
Jun 29, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw finishes the month of June on a streak of 28 consecutive scoreless innings.
Jun 29, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
You likely won’t be seeing Orioles slugger Nelson Cruz in the upcoming Home Run Derby. He’s afraid the Derby will affect his swing.
Jun 29, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Phillies and Diamondbacks made a minor trade on Sunday evening, swapping infielder Ronny Cedeno and catcher Raywilly Gomez.
Jun 28, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Marlins plan to return to their standard outfield when Christian Yelich is activated from the disabled list on Sunday.
Jun 28, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Brandon McCarthy understands the business side of the game, telling the media after Friday’s start against the Padres that “it certainly seems likely” he’ll be traded.
Jun 28, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Phillies president David Montgomery thinks that a rebuild is too risky from a business perspective.
Jun 28, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Sean Doolittle has quietly been one of baseball’s best closers this season. The Marlins put an end to his scoreless innings streak on Saturday.
Jun 28, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
Good news for the Mets: David Wright’s shoulder issue won’t require a stint on the disabled list.
Jun 28, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Derek Holland, recovering from knee surgery, won’t know what he’ll be doing until the Rangers return from a road trip on July 7.
Jun 28, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez, battling shoulder discomfort, is back in the Dodgers’ lineup after missing four games.
Jun 28, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
The Blue Jays could get Jose Bautista back on Tuesday, when they will open up a two-game series at home against the Brewers.
Jun 28, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Dallas Keuchel wasn’t able to make Saturday’s start against the Tigers due to left wrist inflammation, but he hopes to be back for his next start.
Jun 28, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
The Royals signed lefty Brandon Finnegan, taken in the first round of the 2014 draft, at slot value, $2,200,600.
Jun 28, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Wanna watch Giancarlo Stanton hit some dingers? Tune in to the Home Run Derby.
Jun 28, 2014, 1:55 PM EDT
The Pirates have activated Gerrit Cole from the disabled list in time for Saturday’s start against the Mets.
Jun 28, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Jose Altuve is one reason why you should start paying attention to the Astros.
Jun 28, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
The Red Sox have promoted 21-year-old prospect Mookie Betts to the big leagues. He’ll join the team in time for Saturday night’s game against the Yankees.
Jun 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Angels hope to get a boost in their rotation when Tyler Skaggs returns next week.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Johnny Damon isn’t ready to call it a career yet.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
Stephen Drew hadn’t felt the joy of a base hit since June 17. He was able to end the drought with a ground-rule double against the Yankees on Friday night.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Mike Trout hit a jaw-dropping 489-foot home run in the first inning of Friday’s game against the Royals.
Jun 27, 2014, 8:28 PM EDT
One of these days, players will learn not to test the arm of Yoenis Cespedes.
Jun 27, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
The White Sox added some pitching depth, signing Daniel McCutchen to a minor league deal on Friday.
Play of the Day: Phillies broadcaster Tom McCarthy catches Freddie Freeman’s home run in the center field seats
Jun 27, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
Tom McCarthy was the unlikely recipient of a Freddie Freeman home run ball while broadcasting from center field.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 50
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 27
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)