Oct 4, 2014, 9:07 PM EST
Nationals second baseman Asdrubal Cabrera and manager Matt Williams were both ejected in the bottom of the 10th inning for arguing balls and strikes.
Oct 4, 2014, 8:42 PM EST
Yet more drama in the 2014 post-season: the Giants seemed destined to be victims of a Jordan Zimmermann shutout, but rallied with two outs in the ninth to send Game 2 of the NLDS into extra innings.
Oct 4, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Yadier Molina shoved home plate umpire Jerry Meals to get closer to Adrian Gonzalez during an argument.
Oct 4, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
We have a pitcher’s duel in Washington, D.C. for Game 2 of the NLDS between the Giants and Nationals.
Oct 4, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Some are suggesting that Clayton Kershaw’s woes against the Cardinals on Friday night were caused by the lefty tipping his pitches.
Oct 4, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Lance Lynn opposes Zack Greinke on the mound in Game 2 of the NLDS in Los Angeles.
Oct 4, 2014, 1:31 AM EST
Eric Hosmer was the hero for the Royals on Friday night, when he broke a 1-1 tie in the 11th inning with a two-run home run. The Royals are now up 2-0 in the ALDS against the Angels.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Royals catcher Salvador Perez remained in the game after being hit in the head with Josh Hamilton’s backswing in the second game of the ALDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 10:47 PM EST
Game 1 of the NLDS went off-script and it turned out to be a fun match-up between bitter playoff rivals.
Oct 3, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
The Pirates designated outfielder Jose Tabata for assignment on Friday.
Oct 3, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Eno Sarris of FanGraphs had a very interesting and revealing interview with Athletics slugger Brandon Moss.
Oct 3, 2014, 9:38 PM EST
Thanks to Matt Carpenter and Matt Holliday, the Cardinals mounted a comeback against Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers to take a four-run lead late in Game 1 of the NLDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
Jose Fernandez was enthusiastic about his second throwing session on Friday, but also remained realistic about the pace at which he must go to successfully return from Tommy John surgery.
Oct 3, 2014, 8:24 PM EST
The Cardinals took an early 1-0 lead in NLDS Game 1, but the Dodgers fought back and scored twice in each of the third and fourth innings.
Oct 3, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
The Orioles sent reliever Preston Guilmet, whom they had designated for assignment at the end of September, to the Pirates for cash considerations.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
Jake Peavy was excellent on Friday as he helped pitch the Giants past the Nationals to take a 1-0 lead in the NLDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
If you predicted Randal Grichuk to homer off of Clayton Kershaw in the first game of the NLDS, please step forward to collect your prize.
Oct 3, 2014, 6:12 PM EST
A recent report indicated that Phillies president David Montgomery was being forced out. The Phillies refuted the report on Friday.
Sep 28, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Phillies fans made fun of Craig Kimbrel on Saturday night, but the closer got the last laugh as he recorded saves in each of the Braves’ final two games of the season against the Phillies.
Sep 28, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
More good news for the Angels: Matt Shoemaker felt great after throwing a bullpen on Sunday. He could return in time to start in the ALDS for the Angels.
Sep 28, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
A.J. Burnett will undergo surgery next week to fix an inguinal hernia he suffered back in April. He hasn’t made up his mind yet about pitching again in 2015.
Sep 28, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
The Rangers plan to interview Tim Bogar, Mike Maddux, Steve Buechele, as well as some external candidates in their quest to find a new manager.
Sep 28, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Bobby Abreu got to finish out his playing career in style, singling in the fifth inning before being removed for a pinch-runner so he could face a Citi Field crowd giving him a standing ovation.
Sep 28, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Jose Altuve and Justin Morneau are your 2014 batting champions in the American League and the National League, respectively.
Sep 28, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
MLB Network’s Ballpark Cam watched Jordan Zimmermann run the gamut of emotions as Steven Souza, Jr. ran down the final out of his no-hitter on Sunday against the Marlins.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)