Aug 15, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Masahiro Tanaka will throw 25 fastballs in a bullpen session on Saturday as the Yankees attempt to get him back into pitching shape for a late-September return.
Aug 15, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
The Rays accomplished something only three other teams have done in baseball history with Friday’s shutout win against the Yankees.
Aug 15, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Hyun-Jin Ryu has landed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained glute, which means Kevin Correia will start on Sunday.
Aug 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
The Miguel Cabrera bobbleheads given away to fans on Friday night contained a rather large error.
Aug 15, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Rangers manager Ron Washington thinks ace Yu Darvish will return on August 25. Darvish was recently placed on the disabled list with a right elbow injury.
Aug 15, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
The Brewers will be without Tyler Thornburg and Jim Henderson for the rest of the season due to elbow and shoulder injuries, respectively.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
After taking more than a month off to recuperate from an elbow injury, Ricky Nolasco will return to the Twins’ rotation for tonight’s game against the Royals.
Aug 15, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
If you haven’t been paying attention to Mo’Ne Davis in the Little League World Series, she gave you a big reason with her performance against Nashville on Friday.
Aug 15, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Dodgers added yet more pitching depth, acquiring Justin Germano from the Rangers.
Aug 11, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
Devin Mesoraco had himself a ballgame, belting two home runs — including a grand slam — as the Reds avoided a series sweep at the hands of the Marlins on Sunday.
Aug 10, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Yoenis Cespedes went yard in a big spot to notch his first home run as a member of the Red Sox.
Aug 10, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
The Padres are expected to promote top prospect Rymer Liriano on Monday.
Aug 10, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Alex Rios reaggravated his right ankle injury on a play at the plate in Sunday’s game against the Astros. He’ll be reevaluated on Monday.
Aug 10, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Pirates GM Neal Huntington said outfielder Andrew McCutchen’s recovery from an injury suffered last week has been “remarkable”. McCutchen may be able to avoid a trip to the disabled list.
Aug 10, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Jenrry Mejia has a hernia, but feels very strongly about finishing out the rest of the season before considering surgery.
Aug 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Clayton Kershaw made a spectacular defensive play in the fifth inning of Sunday’s win against the Brewers.
Aug 10, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
John Lackey called Caleb Joseph’s home run on Saturday — Joseph’s fifth consecutive game with a home run — a “Baltimore home run”, presumably slighting Joseph’s blast because Camden Yards is friendlier to hitters than to pitchers.
Aug 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Brett Anderson’s season is likely done after he was diagnosed with a bulging disk in his lower back.
Aug 10, 2014, 12:42 AM EST
The Dodgers acquired starter Kevin Correia from the Twins for a player to be named later.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Pedro Alvarez seems to be okay with potentially moving across the diamond to first base. He has taken fielding practice there over the last two days.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
Trevor May made his major league debut in a start against the Athletics on Saturday night, but it ended much sooner than he had hoped.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
Garrett Richards is working on something special against the Red Sox in his Saturday night start at home.
Aug 9, 2014, 10:51 PM EST
Brad Penny made his first start since September 25, 2011. The Marlins starter went five innings and picked up the win against the Reds on Saturday.
Aug 9, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
After releasing him at the end of July, the Yankees signed infielder Scott Sizemore to a minor league deal on Saturday.
Aug 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
Adam Eaton is back on the disabled list with an oblique injury.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)