Aug 2, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
The Mariners outrighted Blake Beavan and placed Corey Hart on the disabled list, making room for James Paxton to come off of the disabled list.
Aug 2, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
MRI results on Shane Victorino’s back were worse than expected, so he’s going to visit a doctor in Los Angeles for a second opinion. There’s a chance he will need surgery to alleviate the issue.
Aug 2, 2014, 1:25 PM EST
David Ross, suffering from plantar fasciitis in his right foot, has been placed on the 15-day disabled list. The Red Sox called up Dan Butler to take his spot on the roster.
Aug 2, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Jose Abreu hasn’t been retired since Wednesday, and is on a 21-game hitting streak. One could argue he’s having a pretty good season.
Jul 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Ian Kennedy’s left oblique is bothering him, so he’ll miss tomorrow’s start against the Braves.
Jul 27, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Padres are expected to get Jedd Gyorko back from the DL, but lose Carlos Quentin on Monday.
Jul 27, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Josh Harrison kept the PIrates in the mix in Sunday’s game against the Rockies by using his legs.
Jul 27, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Pitchers do not want to be facing Carlos Santana right now.
Jul 27, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Baseball’s implementation of home plate collision rules, meant to protect catchers, hasn’t gone as smoothly as expected this season. There was yet another example on Sunday afternoon in Philadelphia.
Jul 27, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Rays and Red Sox have been nipping at each other throughout the season, so it was no surprise that Chris Archer took exception when David Ortiz gawked at his three-run home run.
Jul 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
According to an ESPN report, the Red Sox are considering a trade that could bring Matt Kemp to Boston.
Jul 26, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Alex Guerrero returns to Triple-A for the first time since Miguel Olivo bit part of his ear off.
Jul 26, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
The middling Indians hope to get a boost, as starter Justin Masterson is expected to return on Friday to take on the Rangers.
Jul 26, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Tom Koehler didn’t get an out in the most comfortable way, but he got an out nonetheless.
Jul 26, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
The Giants picked up Jake Peavy for a reason — Matt Cain hasn’t been progressing as expected from his elbow injury.
Jul 26, 2014, 7:55 PM EST
The Blue Jays entered Saturday having lost 17 consecutive games at Yankee Stadium, but they did away with that this afternoon.
Jul 26, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
The Rockies committed an error before play even began on Saturday night.
Jul 26, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
Allen Webster will make his 2014 debut with the Red Sox on Sunday in place of the departed Jake Peavy.
Jul 26, 2014, 12:28 AM EST
Triples galore for the Dodgers in San Francisco on Friday night.
Jul 25, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Ichiro Suzuki went yard for the first time this season, taking Mark Buehrle deep. He had previously homered on August 30 last year against the Orioles.
Jul 25, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Jose Bautista isn’t a huge fan of the beards Athletics Derek Norris and Sean Doolittle are sporting.
Jul 25, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
The Independent League is taking measures to speed up games. Could MLB do the same?
According to Five Thirty Eight, Billy Beane’s A’s have exceeded expectations by nearly $1.38 billion
Jul 25, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
We knew Billy Beane was good… but that good?
Jul 25, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
The Cardinals are trying to add yet another catcher in A.J. Pierzynski, which would mean George Kottaras could be on his way out.
Jul 25, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
The struggling Daisuke Matsuzaka will have his elbow examined, which will let the Mets know how to proceed.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 16
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 18
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)