Sep 28, 2014, 5:50 PM EST
Sonny Gray was efficient in shutting out the Rangers on Sunday afternoon, helping the Athletics finally clinch the second AL Wild Card.
Sep 28, 2014, 1:15 AM EST
The Mariners walked off in the 11th inning on Saturday, keeping their Wild Card hopes alive. They can force a tie-breaker with a win and an Athletics loss on Sunday.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
The Tigers and Royals both lost, which means that the AL Central won’t be decided until Sunday afternoon.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
The Pirates and Cardinals go into the final game of the season still vying for the NL Central title.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Justin and B.J. Upton became the first pair of brother teammates since 1900 to each hit a home run and record an outfield assist in the same game.
Sep 27, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Matt Shoemaker long tossed on Saturday and said that the tightness in his left oblique is nearly gone. He’s attempting to rejoin the Angels’ rotation in time for the ALDS.
Sep 27, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Matt Cain went under the knife again, this time to remove a bone spur in his right ankle.
Sep 27, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
A scoring change took 16 points off of Felix Hernandez’s ERA, which could be important when BBWAA voters decide who should win the AL Cy Young award.
Sep 27, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
The Rockies added some rotation depth, claiming Chris Rusin off of waivers from the Cubs on Saturday.
Sep 27, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Have you ever wondered what Juan Uribe would be like as a manager? You can find out on Sunday afternoon.
Sep 27, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Alex Rodriguez declined to participate in the Dominican Winter League, choosing instead to continue working out as he attempts to get himself back into baseball shape for a return in 2015.
Sep 27, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The Orioles designated reliever Preston Guilmet for assignment and added Alexi Casilla prior to Saturday’s game.
Sep 26, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Playoff implications abound. The Orioles lost to the Blue Jays on Friday, giving the Angels home field advantage throughout the playoffs. But the Angels’ match-up against the Mariners isn’t completely meaningless.
Sep 26, 2014, 11:19 PM EST
Party like it’s 1985.
Sep 26, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
The Cubs will start Jacob Turner over Kyle Hendricks on Sunday, citing Hendricks’ workload as the reason.
Sep 26, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Corey Kluber’s 11-strikeout performance against the Rays on Friday helped the Indians set the all-time record for strikeouts by a pitching staff.
Sep 26, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Jon Niese left Friday’s start due to an elevated heart rate, ending his final start of the 2014 season a little bit earlier than expected.
Sep 26, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Retiring commissioner Bud Selig will be honored by the Brewers with a ceremony in which the club will retire No. 1.
Sep 26, 2014, 8:16 PM EST
B.J. Upton claimed an ignominious Braves record with a second-inning strikeout on Friday night.
Sep 26, 2014, 7:55 PM EST
Phillies pitcher Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez will get an opportunity to start, at least in spring training next year.
Sep 26, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Nationals shut out the Marlins on Friday afternoon, clinching the best record in the National League which will give them home field advantage through the NLCS.
Sep 26, 2014, 6:35 PM EST
The Reds have underwhelmed under Walt Jocketty, but the Reds signed him to a multi-year deal to keep him around through at least 2016.
Sep 26, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Charlie Morton had surgery on his labrum, which will keep him sidelined for the next six to eight months.
Sep 21, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Josh Donaldson gave the Athletics a spark when he delivered a walk-off two-run home run in the 10th inning against the Phillies on Sunday.
Sep 21, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
It seems soon-to-be free agent Russell Martin is on his way to a big payday in the off-season, but Pirates GM Neal Huntington still intends to keep the catcher in a Pirates uniform.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (294)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)