Aug 2, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
Ryan Rowland-Smith opted out of his minor league deal with the Reds. He hasn’t had much success in 2014.
Aug 2, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Miguel Tejada has been released by the Miami Marlins. The 40-year-old will wait until the winter to decide if he will continue his professional baseball career.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:24 PM EST
The Tigers pulled off a rare feat, scoring once in each offensive inning of their win at home against the Rockies.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
Michael Cuddyer, dealing with a broken left shoulder socket, could begin a rehab assignment as early as next week.
Aug 2, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Chris Guccione put on a show in ejecting Phillies starter A.J. Burnett and manager Ryne Sandberg in Saturday night’s game in Washington, D.C.
Aug 2, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Something special is going on at Citi Field. Jacob deGrom has held the Giants hitless over six innings while Jake Peavy has been perfect against the Mets through six.
Aug 2, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Nick Punto strained his right hamstring running the bases on Saturday afternoon and will go on the disabled list as a result.
Aug 2, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
The Minute Maid Park roof will be open at gametime in August for the first time in a decade. Perhaps not coincidentally, the Astros will be facing knuckleballer R.A. Dickey.
Aug 2, 2014, 6:35 PM EST
Kelly Johnson is on track to be activated from the disabled list on Thursday, after playing in a couple rehab games on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Aug 2, 2014, 6:35 PM EST
Good news for the Royals: Eric Hosmer isn’t expected to need surgery to repair the stress fracture in his right hand.
Aug 2, 2014, 5:41 PM EST
Jim Thome officially calls it quits, retiring as a member of the Indians after signing a one-day contract on Saturday. The Indians unveiled a statue in his honor.
Aug 2, 2014, 5:35 PM EST
The Orioles are reportedly interested in a reunion with reliever Jim Johnson.
Aug 2, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
C.J. Wilson has been activated in time to make Saturday night’s start against Chris Archer and the Rays.
Aug 2, 2014, 4:06 PM EST
The Diamondbacks got some bad news on Saturday, learning that Paul Goldschmidt has a fractured left hand.
Aug 2, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
Paul Maholm injured himself covering first base on Friday night, and an MRI has revealed that he tore the ACL in his right knee.
Aug 2, 2014, 3:09 PM EST
The Reds added some infield depth of their own on Saturday, claiming Jake Elmore off of waivers from the Athletics.
Aug 2, 2014, 3:01 PM EST
The Angels added some minor league infield depth, claiming Ryan Wheeler off of waivers from the Rockies on Saturday.
Aug 2, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
The Mariners outrighted Blake Beavan and placed Corey Hart on the disabled list, making room for James Paxton to come off of the disabled list.
Aug 2, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
MRI results on Shane Victorino’s back were worse than expected, so he’s going to visit a doctor in Los Angeles for a second opinion. There’s a chance he will need surgery to alleviate the issue.
Aug 2, 2014, 1:25 PM EST
David Ross, suffering from plantar fasciitis in his right foot, has been placed on the 15-day disabled list. The Red Sox called up Dan Butler to take his spot on the roster.
Aug 2, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Jose Abreu hasn’t been retired since Wednesday, and is on a 21-game hitting streak. One could argue he’s having a pretty good season.
Jul 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Ian Kennedy’s left oblique is bothering him, so he’ll miss tomorrow’s start against the Braves.
Jul 27, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Padres are expected to get Jedd Gyorko back from the DL, but lose Carlos Quentin on Monday.
Jul 27, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Josh Harrison kept the PIrates in the mix in Sunday’s game against the Rockies by using his legs.
Jul 27, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Pitchers do not want to be facing Carlos Santana right now.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)