Apr 18, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Ryan Braun will lead off for the first time in his career in Saturday’s game against the Pirates.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Jake Peavy is dealing with lower back issues.
Ruben Amaro on Andy Oliver’s decision to elect free agency: “I think it was a very foolish move on his part, but that’s OK.”
Apr 17, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Ruben Amaro seems a little upset that Andy Oliver didn’t want to start the season with Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
The Mets will be stretching out Rafael Montero as a starter at Triple-A Las Vegas before bringing him back to the majors for a spot start against the Marlins.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Mike Trout became the youngest to join the 100/100 club with a two-run home run on Friday night.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez has two home runs on Friday night, leaving him two round-trippers shy of tying Willie Mays for fourth on the all-time home run leaderboard.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:11 PM EDT
Matt Carpenter made a cool maneuver to score the tying run in the bottom of the first against the Reds on Friday night.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
Neither side was warned, but Ubaldo Jimenez was ejected for hitting Pablo Sandoval with a pitch on Friday evening.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:50 PM EDT
A-Rod is now three home runs away from tying Willie Mays for fourth on the all-time home run leaderboard.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Since 2000, how often have teams that started 9-1 went on to have playoff success?
Apr 17, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle, baseball’s timeless left-hander, is reportedly considering retiring after the season.
Apr 12, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
John Axford’s son Jameson continues to recover after a rattlesnake bite. Axford has been placed on the family medical emergency list so he can be with his son.
Apr 12, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
The Red Sox are expected to get closer Koji Uehara back from the disabled list on Monday.
C.J. Wilson says the Angels hired a private investigator to follow him after signing him in December 2011
Apr 12, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
The Angels have made a bigger situation out of Josh Hamilton’s drug relapse, which has ruffled the feathers of some of Hamilton’s teammates, including C.J. Wilson. Wilson detailed the degree to which the Angels try to control players’ off-the-field behavior.
Apr 12, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Ryan Webb’s 2015 season takes another turn. He had been traded to the Dodgers from the Orioles last week.
Apr 12, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
Barry Bonds says he’ll celebrate when Alex Rodriguez ties his godfather Willie Mays for fourth place on the all-time home run leaderboard with 660 home runs.
Apr 12, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Yordano Ventura apparently wasn’t happy with what Mike Trout shouted after scoring the Angels’ second run in a 7-2 game in the sixth inning.
Apr 12, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
George Springer made a must-see game-saving catch in the 10th inning of Sunday’s game against the Rangers.
Apr 12, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
The Mariners took Felix Hernandez out of Sunday’s start after five innings for precautionary reasons.
Apr 12, 2015, 6:35 PM EDT
The Marlins are hoping for some good news as Henderson Alvarez is having an MRI on his right elbow following Sunday’s start.
Apr 12, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Albert Pujols hit his 522nd career home run on Sunday against Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura.
Apr 11, 2015, 3:55 PM EDT
Seth Smith’s groin injury has given Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon the impetus to use Nelson Cruz in the outfield more.
Apr 11, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
The Athletics will get Josh Reddick back on Sunday after he recovered from a strained right oblique.
Apr 11, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
The Rangers added some bullpen depth on Saturday, claiming Stolmy Pimentel off waivers from the Pirates.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
One of baseball’s top pitching prospects, Archie Bradley will make his major league debut Saturday night against the Dodgers.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 78
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)