May 18, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
Braves reliever Jonny Venters felt soreness in his elbow during Wednesday’s live bullpen. It’s just a minor setback for now, however.
May 18, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Corey Hart, seemingly perpetually injured, suffered an injury on Sunday against the Twins.
May 18, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
Jeff Francis, designated for assignment by the Reds on Friday, has been picked up off of waivers by the Athletics.
May 18, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Giddyup, there could be minor league affiliate drama between the Athletics and GIants.
May 18, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
A sportswriter wrote an anti-stats screed. It went about as one would expect.
May 18, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
The Tigers got a key starter back on Sunday as they activated Anibal Sanchez from the disabled list.
May 18, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
The Reds, ravaged by injuries, got a key starter back on Sunday afternoon.
May 18, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
The White Sox got Adam Eaton back from a hamstring injury but lost Jose Abreu to an ankle injury.
May 17, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
The Yankees may have to wait longer than expected to get CC Sabathia back from his knee injury.
May 17, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Cole Hamels achieved a milestone in Saturday’s victory over the Reds, picking up his 100th career win.
May 17, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
J.P. Arencibia has a wee bit of a persecution complex with the Toronto media.
May 17, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Umpire Jerry Layne let his pride get in the way of an otherwise good ballgame.
May 17, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Juan Lagares showed the Mets why he should be the team’s everyday center fielder on Saturday afternoon.
May 17, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
In life, you can count on death, taxes, and Prince Fielder being in the lineup. That is, until Saturday night.
May 17, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
The Indians could get Jason Giambi back on Tuesday.
May 16, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Shoulder issues sideline Jonathan Pettibone yet again.
May 16, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu threw a simulated game on Friday afternoon, which went well. The lefty is close to making a return to the Dodgers.
May 16, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
David Aardsma did not exercise his opt-out clause, choosing instead to stay with Triple-A Memphis.
May 16, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
The Tigers cut short reliever Joel Hanrahan’s bullpen session and will have him go back to long-tossing.
May 16, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Astros manager Bo Porter says that Chad Qualls will be the club’s full-time closer going forward.
May 16, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Heath Bell, recently released by the Rays, will stay in the AL East now that he signed a minor league deal with the Orioles.
May 16, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Recently cut by the Phillies, Jayson Nix signed with the Rays on a minor league deal.
May 16, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
A Rockies blogger does the research and concludes that the team may be operating at a competitive disadvantage due to their home ballpark.
May 16, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Devin Mesoraco in, Jeff Francis out, and Nick Christiani down. The Reds made a handful of roster moves prior to Friday night’s series opener against the Phillies.
May 14, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
The Mets’ bullpen has been in a constant state of flux and it continued Wednesday night when they released Kyle Farnsworth.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)