Jun 27, 2014, 8:28 PM EST
One of these days, players will learn not to test the arm of Yoenis Cespedes.
Jun 27, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
The White Sox added some pitching depth, signing Daniel McCutchen to a minor league deal on Friday.
Play of the Day: Phillies broadcaster Tom McCarthy catches Freddie Freeman’s home run in the center field seats
Jun 27, 2014, 7:23 PM EST
Tom McCarthy was the unlikely recipient of a Freddie Freeman home run ball while broadcasting from center field.
Jun 27, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
For the second time in eight days, the Phillies placed a catcher on the disabled list. On Friday evening, they placed Carlos Ruiz on the seven-day disabled list with concussion symptoms.
Jun 27, 2014, 6:26 PM EST
The Pirates and Angels have exchanged their troubled closers. Jason Grilli will head west to the Angels. Ernesto Frieri will head east to the Pirates.
Jun 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
More bad news for the Red Sox as Will Middlebrooks and Shane Victorino have been shut down indefinitely.
Jun 26, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Good news for the Rockies in what has been an otherwise awful month: third baseman Nolan Arenado is making progress and could begin a rehab assignment soon.
Jun 26, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
Phillies pitching prospect Jesse Biddle has been placed on the temporary inactive list as the lefty has been struggling on the mound with Double-A Reading.
Jun 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
The Padres added some infield depth, picking up Irving Falu on waivers from the Brewers.
Jun 26, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Though deserving of the honor to pitch in the All-Star Game, Rangers starter Yu Darvish won’t pitch on one day’s rest in the midsummer classic.
Jun 26, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
After more than a month, Juan Uribe is back with the Dodgers after recovering from a right hamstring strain.
Jun 26, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Jimmy Rollins thinks the Phillies should have won not one, not two, but three championships.
Jun 26, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Nationals could get Bryce Harper back soon if all goes well in his next three rehab outings.
Jun 26, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The first-place Washington Nationals got a much-needed boost when they activated catcher Wilson Ramos from the disabled list on Thursday.
Jun 22, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
The Mets have to choose which catcher they want to keep around to serve as the back-up when Travis d’Arnaud returns on Tuesday.
Jun 22, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
John Farrell says his slugger has a “knack for the moment”. He doesn’t, really — he’s just good.
Jun 22, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Marlins aren’t going to stand pat in a weak NL East. They plan to improve the roster by the end of July, according to VP/GM Dan Jennings.
Jun 22, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Mike Napoli accomplished a rare feat on Sunday against the Athletics: he stole home and then hit a home run.
Jun 22, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
The Rockies are playing an embarrassing brand of baseball lately.
Jun 22, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Phil Hughes has had pinpoint control this season. His walkless streak was, unfortunately, put to rest in Sunday’s start against the White Sox.
Jun 22, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Randy Wolf will put on his fourth different uniform of the 2014 season. Having already spent time with the Mariners, Diamondbacks, and Marlins, Wolf will head to the Orioles’ Triple-A affiliate after signing a minor league deal.
Jun 22, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Bad news for the Cardinals: Two very important starters are headed to the disabled list with shoulder injuries.
Jun 21, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Rafael Furcal is injured again. Derek Dietrich will take his place on the Marlins’ roster as he heads to the DL.
Jun 21, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Bryce Harper will begin his rehab assignment with Single-A Potomac as he recovers from surgery on his left thumb.
Jun 21, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
The Toledo Mud Hens’ middle infielders teamed up to make a great play on Friday.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 161
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)