Feb 15, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The Reds would still like to sign Johnny Cueto to a contract extension, but he won’t negotiate beyond Opening Day.
Feb 15, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Mariners pitching prospect Victor Sanchez has been involved in an unfortunate accident in Venezuela.
Feb 14, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
The Indians, searching for right-handed power, are showing interest in Dayan Viciedo.
Feb 14, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Find out which teams the Atlantis sportsbook in Nevada expects to be the best and worst in 2015.
Feb 14, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
The Indians don’t appear to be a landing spot for Barry Zito as he attempts to keep his career alive.
Feb 14, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
J.J. Hardy wanted to stay in Baltimore and would have signed an extension sooner if it had been entirely up to him.
Feb 13, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
The Mariners jettisoned Edgar Olmos to make room for Rickie Weeks on the 40-man roster.
Feb 13, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Mark August 5 down on your calendars, as that’s when the Nationals plan to give away a Jayson Werth Chia Pet.
Feb 13, 2015, 9:40 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez is happy to be back with the Red Sox, the team that originally signed him.
Feb 13, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
Adam Ottavino is one of a growing number of pitchers who rely on Sabermetric analysis sites like FanGraphs to make adjustments.
Feb 13, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Ground ball maven David Herndon will attempt to make it back to the majors after signing a minor league deal with the Brewers on Friday.
Feb 13, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Gonzales Germen has been one of the more interesting players to follow this off-season for a specific reason.
Feb 13, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Andrew McCutchen wrote an excellent article explaining how baseball is disadvantageous to kids from lower-income communities.
Feb 9, 2015, 2:12 AM EDT
The Padres have reportedly signed starter James Shields to a four-year deal in the $72-76 million range.
Feb 8, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Jose Fernandez, recovering from Tommy John surgery, could find himself back in the Marlins’ rotation by mid-June.
Feb 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Despite losing Jeff Samardzija, Jon Lester, and Jason Hammel, the Athletics do not have a deficit of starting pitching, and they figure to get two more back from the disabled list in June.
Feb 8, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Sean Doolittle has a “slight” tear of his rotator cuff, but isn’t expected to miss much time in April.
Feb 8, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
The Padres have reportedly made a four-year offer to James Shields believed to be between $72-80 million. Shields is expected to make a decision soon.
Feb 8, 2015, 7:51 PM EDT
The Marlins and reliever Mike Dunn agreed on a two-year deal Sunday, avoiding arbitration.
Feb 8, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Danny Espinosa will bat right-handed exclusively in 2015.
Feb 7, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Kevin Cash plans to offer lineup stability in his first season at the helm of the Rays, a significant change from the way former manager Joe Maddon operated.
Feb 7, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
James Shields said he never turned down a $110 million offer made earlier this off-season. He is expected to sign with a team by Sunday evening.
Feb 7, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
Padres starter Andrew Cashner said he’d “love to stay in San Diego”.
Feb 7, 2015, 7:35 PM EDT
Barry Bonds will be back with the Giants in spring training as an instructor, but the organization is discussing giving him a more permanent role.
Feb 7, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
After some consideration, Reds GM Walt Jocketty isn’t sure if Dayan Viciedo is a fit for the club.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)