May 18, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Corey Hart, seemingly perpetually injured, suffered an injury on Sunday against the Twins.
May 18, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
Jeff Francis, designated for assignment by the Reds on Friday, has been picked up off of waivers by the Athletics.
May 18, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Giddyup, there could be minor league affiliate drama between the Athletics and GIants.
May 18, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
A sportswriter wrote an anti-stats screed. It went about as one would expect.
May 18, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
The Tigers got a key starter back on Sunday as they activated Anibal Sanchez from the disabled list.
May 18, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
The Reds, ravaged by injuries, got a key starter back on Sunday afternoon.
May 18, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
The White Sox got Adam Eaton back from a hamstring injury but lost Jose Abreu to an ankle injury.
May 17, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
The Yankees may have to wait longer than expected to get CC Sabathia back from his knee injury.
May 17, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Cole Hamels achieved a milestone in Saturday’s victory over the Reds, picking up his 100th career win.
May 17, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
J.P. Arencibia has a wee bit of a persecution complex with the Toronto media.
May 17, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Umpire Jerry Layne let his pride get in the way of an otherwise good ballgame.
May 17, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Juan Lagares showed the Mets why he should be the team’s everyday center fielder on Saturday afternoon.
May 17, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
In life, you can count on death, taxes, and Prince Fielder being in the lineup. That is, until Saturday night.
May 17, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
The Indians could get Jason Giambi back on Tuesday.
May 16, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Shoulder issues sideline Jonathan Pettibone yet again.
May 16, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu threw a simulated game on Friday afternoon, which went well. The lefty is close to making a return to the Dodgers.
May 16, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
David Aardsma did not exercise his opt-out clause, choosing instead to stay with Triple-A Memphis.
May 16, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
The Tigers cut short reliever Joel Hanrahan’s bullpen session and will have him go back to long-tossing.
May 16, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Astros manager Bo Porter says that Chad Qualls will be the club’s full-time closer going forward.
May 16, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Heath Bell, recently released by the Rays, will stay in the AL East now that he signed a minor league deal with the Orioles.
May 16, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Recently cut by the Phillies, Jayson Nix signed with the Rays on a minor league deal.
May 16, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
A Rockies blogger does the research and concludes that the team may be operating at a competitive disadvantage due to their home ballpark.
May 16, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Devin Mesoraco in, Jeff Francis out, and Nick Christiani down. The Reds made a handful of roster moves prior to Friday night’s series opener against the Phillies.
May 14, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
The Mets’ bullpen has been in a constant state of flux and it continued Wednesday night when they released Kyle Farnsworth.
May 14, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Phillies signed Cuban pitcher Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez to a three-year, $12 million deal last August and haven’t gotten much out of it. They could start to if Gonzalez’s rehab, which starts Thursday, goes swimmingly.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)