May 31, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
David Ortiz made some stirring comments about David Price to the media after Friday’s game. Price responded on Saturday.
May 31, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Another month, more injury-related news regarding Yankees starter Michael Pineda.
May 30, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Slugger Jose Abreu is on track to return to the White Sox on Monday.
May 30, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado won’t need surgery to repair a left mallet finger fracture.
May 30, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
One of the rarer plays in baseball, Jose Bautista has made a 9-3 putout in consecutive games.
May 30, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
After a brief stint in the Blue Jays’ bullpen, Marcus Stroman will make his first big league start on Saturday against the Royals.
May 30, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
New Royals hitting coach Dale Sveum offers up a theory on the team’s offensive futility.
May 30, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
There is a lot of bad blood between the Red Sox and Rays. Things boiled over on Friday night.
May 30, 2014, 9:28 PM EST
At long last, Cardinals prospect Oscar Taveras is on his way to the big leagues.
May 30, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
ESPN’s Dodgers beat writer Mark Saxon suggests the team should shift Hanley Ramirez from shortstop to third base.
May 30, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Ryan Zimmerman could be back in the Nationals’ starting lineup as soon as Tuesday.
May 30, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
After designating him for assignment last week, the Pirates placed Wandy Rodriguez on unconditional release waivers on Friday.
May 30, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Giants hoped Matt Cain would feel well enough to start on Saturday against the Cardinals, but the team scratched him due to lingering discomfort in his hamstring. Yusmeiro Petit will start in his place.
May 25, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The Padres designated two pitchers, Blaine Boyer and Billy Buckner, for assignment on Sunday to make room for Tommy Medica and Troy Patton.
May 25, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Sans Prince Fielder, the Rangers are looking to fill the void at first base. Tyler Moore could be one option for them.
May 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Dee Gordon swiped a pair of bases in support of Josh Beckett as he threw a no-hitter against the Phillies on Sunday. He could do something that hasn’t been done in 26 years.
May 25, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
What are the odds that a minor leaguer’s first home run at a new level would be caught by his own parent? Conrad Gregor defied them on Saturday night.
May 25, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Chris Colabello has been slumping badly since late April. The Twins demoted him to Triple-A on Sunday in the hopes that he can rediscover his swing.
May 25, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
Eric Young Jr. is expected to hit the 15-day DL and Matt den Dekker will take his place.
May 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Nelson Cruz blasted his 16th home run of the season on Sunday against the Indians to become baseball’s current home run leader.
May 25, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Blue Jays held the American League’s best offense to five runs in a three-game series sweep. Are they for real?
May 24, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
Carlos Gonzalez has been out since leaving Wednesday’s game against the Giants in the eighth inning. He says he’ll be back in the lineup for the Rockies on Sunday.
May 24, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Matt Cain has been trying to avoid a stint on the DL after a mild strain of his hamstring, but he may not be able to make Monday’s start against the Cubs.
May 24, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
Taijuan Walker will begin a rehab assignment on Wednesday. If things go well, he could join the Mariners’ rotation in early June.
May 24, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
The Red Sox haven’t been enjoying the last week and a half of baseball.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 68
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 121
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 83
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history (124)