May 31, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Nelson Cruz has been among baseball’s best hitters through the first two months of the season.
May 31, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
Marcus Stroman was impressive in his first big league start on Saturday against the Royals, but he felt that the Blue Jays’ offense was way more impressive.
May 31, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
The Astros were easily the unlikeliest team to go on a seven-game winning streak. Well, you’ll never guess what happened.
May 31, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
David Ortiz made some stirring comments about David Price to the media after Friday’s game. Price responded on Saturday.
May 31, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Another month, more injury-related news regarding Yankees starter Michael Pineda.
May 30, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Slugger Jose Abreu is on track to return to the White Sox on Monday.
May 30, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado won’t need surgery to repair a left mallet finger fracture.
May 30, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
One of the rarer plays in baseball, Jose Bautista has made a 9-3 putout in consecutive games.
May 30, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
After a brief stint in the Blue Jays’ bullpen, Marcus Stroman will make his first big league start on Saturday against the Royals.
May 30, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
New Royals hitting coach Dale Sveum offers up a theory on the team’s offensive futility.
May 30, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
There is a lot of bad blood between the Red Sox and Rays. Things boiled over on Friday night.
May 30, 2014, 9:28 PM EST
At long last, Cardinals prospect Oscar Taveras is on his way to the big leagues.
May 30, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
ESPN’s Dodgers beat writer Mark Saxon suggests the team should shift Hanley Ramirez from shortstop to third base.
May 30, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Ryan Zimmerman could be back in the Nationals’ starting lineup as soon as Tuesday.
May 30, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
After designating him for assignment last week, the Pirates placed Wandy Rodriguez on unconditional release waivers on Friday.
May 30, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Giants hoped Matt Cain would feel well enough to start on Saturday against the Cardinals, but the team scratched him due to lingering discomfort in his hamstring. Yusmeiro Petit will start in his place.
May 25, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The Padres designated two pitchers, Blaine Boyer and Billy Buckner, for assignment on Sunday to make room for Tommy Medica and Troy Patton.
May 25, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Sans Prince Fielder, the Rangers are looking to fill the void at first base. Tyler Moore could be one option for them.
May 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Dee Gordon swiped a pair of bases in support of Josh Beckett as he threw a no-hitter against the Phillies on Sunday. He could do something that hasn’t been done in 26 years.
May 25, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
What are the odds that a minor leaguer’s first home run at a new level would be caught by his own parent? Conrad Gregor defied them on Saturday night.
May 25, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Chris Colabello has been slumping badly since late April. The Twins demoted him to Triple-A on Sunday in the hopes that he can rediscover his swing.
May 25, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
Eric Young Jr. is expected to hit the 15-day DL and Matt den Dekker will take his place.
May 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Nelson Cruz blasted his 16th home run of the season on Sunday against the Indians to become baseball’s current home run leader.
May 25, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Blue Jays held the American League’s best offense to five runs in a three-game series sweep. Are they for real?
May 24, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
Carlos Gonzalez has been out since leaving Wednesday’s game against the Giants in the eighth inning. He says he’ll be back in the lineup for the Rockies on Sunday.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)