Aug 2, 2014, 5:35 PM EST
The Orioles are reportedly interested in a reunion with reliever Jim Johnson.
Aug 2, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
C.J. Wilson has been activated in time to make Saturday night’s start against Chris Archer and the Rays.
Aug 2, 2014, 4:06 PM EST
The Diamondbacks got some bad news on Saturday, learning that Paul Goldschmidt has a fractured left hand.
Aug 2, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
Paul Maholm injured himself covering first base on Friday night, and an MRI has revealed that he tore the ACL in his right knee.
Aug 2, 2014, 3:09 PM EST
The Reds added some infield depth of their own on Saturday, claiming Jake Elmore off of waivers from the Athletics.
Aug 2, 2014, 3:01 PM EST
The Angels added some minor league infield depth, claiming Ryan Wheeler off of waivers from the Rockies on Saturday.
Aug 2, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
The Mariners outrighted Blake Beavan and placed Corey Hart on the disabled list, making room for James Paxton to come off of the disabled list.
Aug 2, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
MRI results on Shane Victorino’s back were worse than expected, so he’s going to visit a doctor in Los Angeles for a second opinion. There’s a chance he will need surgery to alleviate the issue.
Aug 2, 2014, 1:25 PM EST
David Ross, suffering from plantar fasciitis in his right foot, has been placed on the 15-day disabled list. The Red Sox called up Dan Butler to take his spot on the roster.
Aug 2, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Jose Abreu hasn’t been retired since Wednesday, and is on a 21-game hitting streak. One could argue he’s having a pretty good season.
Jul 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Ian Kennedy’s left oblique is bothering him, so he’ll miss tomorrow’s start against the Braves.
Jul 27, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Padres are expected to get Jedd Gyorko back from the DL, but lose Carlos Quentin on Monday.
Jul 27, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Josh Harrison kept the PIrates in the mix in Sunday’s game against the Rockies by using his legs.
Jul 27, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Pitchers do not want to be facing Carlos Santana right now.
Jul 27, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Baseball’s implementation of home plate collision rules, meant to protect catchers, hasn’t gone as smoothly as expected this season. There was yet another example on Sunday afternoon in Philadelphia.
Jul 27, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Rays and Red Sox have been nipping at each other throughout the season, so it was no surprise that Chris Archer took exception when David Ortiz gawked at his three-run home run.
Jul 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
According to an ESPN report, the Red Sox are considering a trade that could bring Matt Kemp to Boston.
Jul 26, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Alex Guerrero returns to Triple-A for the first time since Miguel Olivo bit part of his ear off.
Jul 26, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
The middling Indians hope to get a boost, as starter Justin Masterson is expected to return on Friday to take on the Rangers.
Jul 26, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Tom Koehler didn’t get an out in the most comfortable way, but he got an out nonetheless.
Jul 26, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
The Giants picked up Jake Peavy for a reason — Matt Cain hasn’t been progressing as expected from his elbow injury.
Jul 26, 2014, 7:55 PM EST
The Blue Jays entered Saturday having lost 17 consecutive games at Yankee Stadium, but they did away with that this afternoon.
Jul 26, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
The Rockies committed an error before play even began on Saturday night.
Jul 26, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
Allen Webster will make his 2014 debut with the Red Sox on Sunday in place of the departed Jake Peavy.
Jul 26, 2014, 12:28 AM EST
Triples galore for the Dodgers in San Francisco on Friday night.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (127)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)