May 14, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Ben Zobrist dislocated his left thumb sliding into second base on Wednesday afternoon.
May 14, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
The Rangers received a salvo of bad news on Wednesday involving pitchers Martin Perez and Matt Harrison.
May 14, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Carlos Gomez has dropped his appeal of his three-game suspension, a result of his involvement in the Easter brawl with the Pirates.
May 14, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Cardinals lost Tyler Lyons (after also losing Joe Kelly) but will get Jaime Garcia back on Saturday.
May 11, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Mike Moustakas, the Royals’ first-round pick in the 2007 draft, could find himself back in Triple-A as he is entering his fourth season with very little offensive success.
May 11, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
Heath Bell and his 4.91 ERA since the start of 2012 are back on the market.
May 11, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
24-year-old right-hander Jeurys Familia has been solid out of the bullpen for the Mets, and manager Terry Collins says he could be the club’s new closer soon.
May 11, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
The Yankees will be without Michael Pineda for a little longer than they expected.
May 11, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
Freddy Galvis has had a tough 2014. First he got MRSA, then he went 2-for-42, then he broke his clavicle.
May 11, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
With Sunday’s loss to the Braves, the Cubs joined the Braves and the Phillies in a rather small yet ignominious club.
May 10, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Veteran Mike MacDougal is once again back in the minor leagues, attempting to work his way back into the big leagues for the first time since 2012.
May 10, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
The Orioles are taking offers on lefty reliever Troy Patton and may use him to land a back-up catcher while Matt Wieters deals with an elbow issue.
May 10, 2014, 10:37 PM EST
The Phillies wanted to intentionally walk Eric Campbell… and then didn’t.
May 10, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
The Twins’ top prospect injured his wrist again. Thankfully for the Twins, it’s not considered as serious this time around.
May 10, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
With Brandon Belt nursing a broken thumb, Michael Morse will move to first base for the time being.
May 10, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
The Padres got third baseman Chase Headley back after he dealt with a strained right calf.
May 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
The Indians removed the struggling John Axford out of his role as the team’s closer, and will go with a closer-by-committee for the time being.
May 10, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
In an effort to keep Juan Francisco in the lineup, the Blue Jays plan to use Brett Lawrie at second base when they face a right-handed pitcher.
May 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Rickie Weeks doesn’t want to learn to play left field, even though it would get him off the bench.
May 10, 2014, 12:30 AM EST
Dan Uggla was not in Friday’s lineup and is slashing an ugly .184/.241/.272 on the season. Manager Fredi Gonzalez plans to discuss Uggla’s role on the team soon.
May 10, 2014, 12:05 AM EST
The Mets may continue to waffle with pitcher Jenrry Mejia as they are considering moving him into the bullpen.
May 9, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
The Giants saw one of their most productive hitters succumb to a hand injury on Friday night.
May 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
Yu Darvish once again fell one out shy of a no-hitter on Friday night. He doesn’t need one to prove he’s one of the very best pitchers in baseball.
May 9, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Unknown to many, baseball’s hard bases have been the culprit of many injuries to star players in recent years. Is it time for Major League Baseball to take additional safety measures and go to a softer base?
May 9, 2014, 10:41 PM EST
We’ve heard it before, and we’ll certainly continue to hear it: Yu Darvish is working on a no-hitter.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)