May 24, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
A beer vendor unwittingly made a web gem during Saturday’s Dodgers-Phillies game.
May 24, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
R.A. Dickey held the Athletics to two runs over 8 1/3 innings with the Rogers Centre roof open for the first time this season. Dickey didn’t want to talk about it.
May 24, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Coco Crisp is developing a game in which you catch baseballs in his hair. He wants some help coming up with a name for it.
May 24, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
Corey Kluber was magnificant in Saturday afternoon’s start against the Orioles. He deserves a little bit of press for what he’s done this season.
May 24, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Carlos Gomez enjoys batting cleanup and aims to stay there going forward.
May 23, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Ryan Braun, dealing with an oblique injury, could return to the Brewers’ lineup on Saturday.
May 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Jayson Werth’s numbers are good, but not quite where they have been in previous years. Has he been unlucky?
May 23, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
The Rockies may be without Nolan Arenado for a while.
May 23, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Yasiel Puig plays the game to have fun. That’s what he’s supposed to do, right?
May 23, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton hit another baseball very far.
May 23, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Yovani Gallardo’s next start, scheduled for Sunday, is in doubt, especially now that Jimmy Nelson has been scratched from Friday night’s start at Triple-A.
May 23, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Esmil Rogers posted a 6.97 ERA for the Blue Jays out of the bullpen, so they designated him for assignment to make room for Liam Hendriks.
May 23, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Mired in offensive turmoil, Justin Maxwell will try to figure things out at Triple-A Omaha.
May 18, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
It’s official: Hyun-Jin Ryu will return from the disabled list and start on Wednesday against the Mets.
May 18, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The Rockies needed a little help from the second base umpire, but they turned a triple play in the third inning on Sunday against the Padres.
May 18, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
The Athletics have a +95 run differential after Sunday’s 13-3 victory over the Indians. There’s no other team in baseball even close to them in that department.
May 18, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
The Tigers’ right-hander, off to a fantastic start in his first eight starts, will get some extra rest and start on Saturday instead of Thursday.
May 18, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Marcus Stroman struggled in his first taste of major league competition. The Blue Jays sent him back to Triple-A Buffalo.
May 18, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
More injury news for the Rangers. It’s becoming an epidemic.
May 18, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Albert Pujols tied Eddie Murray for 25th on the career home runs list with 504 home runs after smacking a pair of dingers on Sunday against the Rays.
May 18, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
Matt Wieters has been dealing with a sore elbow. After receiving a platelet-rich plasma injection, he’ll take a little while longer to come off of the disabled list.
May 18, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
Rangers starter Derek Holland feels ready to begin a rehab assignment, but GM Jon Daniels is “tapping the brakes” on that idea.
May 18, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
Braves reliever Jonny Venters felt soreness in his elbow during Wednesday’s live bullpen. It’s just a minor setback for now, however.
May 18, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
Corey Hart, seemingly perpetually injured, suffered an injury on Sunday against the Twins.
May 18, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
Jeff Francis, designated for assignment by the Reds on Friday, has been picked up off of waivers by the Athletics.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 7
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 53
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)