Jun 22, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
The Mets have to choose which catcher they want to keep around to serve as the back-up when Travis d’Arnaud returns on Tuesday.
Jun 22, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
John Farrell says his slugger has a “knack for the moment”. He doesn’t, really — he’s just good.
Jun 22, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Marlins aren’t going to stand pat in a weak NL East. They plan to improve the roster by the end of July, according to VP/GM Dan Jennings.
Jun 22, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Mike Napoli accomplished a rare feat on Sunday against the Athletics: he stole home and then hit a home run.
Jun 22, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
The Rockies are playing an embarrassing brand of baseball lately.
Jun 22, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Phil Hughes has had pinpoint control this season. His walkless streak was, unfortunately, put to rest in Sunday’s start against the White Sox.
Jun 22, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Randy Wolf will put on his fourth different uniform of the 2014 season. Having already spent time with the Mariners, Diamondbacks, and Marlins, Wolf will head to the Orioles’ Triple-A affiliate after signing a minor league deal.
Jun 22, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Bad news for the Cardinals: Two very important starters are headed to the disabled list with shoulder injuries.
Jun 21, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Rafael Furcal is injured again. Derek Dietrich will take his place on the Marlins’ roster as he heads to the DL.
Jun 21, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Bryce Harper will begin his rehab assignment with Single-A Potomac as he recovers from surgery on his left thumb.
Jun 21, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
The Toledo Mud Hens’ middle infielders teamed up to make a great play on Friday.
Jun 21, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Kolten Wong is headed to the disabled list. The Cardinals will call up Shane Robinson from Triple-A Memphis as a result.
Jun 21, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
Yasiel Puig has been playing through a hip injury over the last two weeks.
Jun 21, 2014, 6:16 PM EST
The slumping Rockies were involved in one of the worst plays you’ll ever see with your own two eyes.
Jun 21, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
Michael Pineda has suffered yet another setback.
Jun 21, 2014, 5:06 PM EST
It’s been a tough year for Raul Ibanez, and he’s now a free agent after being released by the Angels.
Jun 21, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
The Reds designated outfielder Roger Bernadina for assignment and called up pitcher Carlos Contreras from Double-A Pensacola.
Jun 21, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
J.J. Hardy is finally on the board after homering at Yankee Stadium on Saturday.
Jun 21, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Orioles starter Bud Norris suffered a groin injury in Saturday’s start against the Yankees.
Jun 20, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Ubaldo Jimenez gave Kevin Gausman a very expensive token of appreciation for his uniform number.
Jun 20, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
The Blue Jays fell behind 8-0 to the Reds after two innings, but mounted a comeback and wound up winning 14-9.
Jun 20, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Marcell Ozuna saved the Marlins with a game-ending throw to home plate to nail Kirk Nieuwenhuis.
Jun 20, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
George Springer hit a tape-measure home run off of the catwalk at Tropicana Field against David Price on Friday night.
Jun 20, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
The Padres are without two of their sluggers for Friday night’s contest against the Dodgers.
Jun 20, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
The Rays are expected to shop David Price, and plenty of scouts are in attendance for Friday’s start against the Astros.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 3
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 76
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (76)