Jan 25, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
With Jonathan Papelbon likely staying in Philadelphia, the Brewers are turning their attention back to Francisco Rodriguez.
Jan 25, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Rob Manfred’s suggestion to ban defensive shifting isn’t the best way to address some of the problems facing Major League Baseball.
Jan 24, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
Tommy Milone underwent neck surgery in December to remove a benign tumor, but he was able to resume throwing just over two weeks later.
Jan 24, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Top prospect Byron Buxton could be wearing a Twins uniform in the major leagues at some point this season according to GM Terry Ryan.
Jan 24, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
The Tigers and reliever Al Alburquerque avoided arbitration with a one-year deal on Saturday.
Jan 24, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
A Jonathan Papelbon trade to the Brewers may not be happening after all.
Jan 24, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Franklin Gutierrez could make a return to the Mariners. The 31-year-old outfielder has had trouble staying healthy over the last few years.
Jan 23, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
The Indians are considering bringing Nolan Reimold on board.
Jan 23, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
The Astros and utilityman Marwin Gonzalez avoided arbitration on Friday.
Jan 23, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
The Braves added some outfield depth on Friday, claiming Eury Perez off waivers from the Yankees.
Jan 23, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
The Rangers signed pitcher Ross Ohlendorf to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
Jan 23, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
Is it possible that Nick Swisher could be… in the best shape of his life?
Jan 23, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT
Athletics’ closer Sean Doolittle isn’t expected to be ready for Opening Day due to a shoulder injury.
Jan 23, 2015, 6:34 PM EDT
The Rangers and Mitch Moreland settled on a $2.95 million salary for the 2015 season, avoiding arbitration.
Jan 23, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
Reliever Gonzalez Germen has now joined his fourth club of the off-season as the Cubs claimed him off waivers from the Rangers on Friday.
Jan 19, 2015, 5:55 PM EDT
Count the Giants in the mix for Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada.
Jan 19, 2015, 5:16 PM EDT
The Rangers sent three players, including infield prospect Luis Sardinas, to the Brewers in exchange for starter Yovani Gallardo.
Jan 19, 2015, 4:09 PM EDT
Kevin Gregg is attempting to show teams he still has gas left in the tank, as he’s showcasing his arm for about 15 teams in Tempe, Arizona.
Jan 19, 2015, 3:02 PM EDT
The All-Star Game could becoming to the nation’s capital in 2018 according to a report.
Jan 19, 2015, 1:53 PM EDT
Michael Wacha didn’t exactly say he’s in the best shape of his life on Sunday, but he came close.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
The Nationals appear to be open to the idea of trading Stephen Strasburg according to a recent report.
Jan 19, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
Max Scherzer will get $210 million from the Nationals, but half of it will be deferred. He’ll make $15 million per year through 2028.
Jan 19, 2015, 10:48 AM EDT
According to a report, the Cubs are on the verge of acquiring Dexter Fowler from the Astros.
Jan 19, 2015, 10:41 AM EDT
According to a report, the Nationals plan to use a “super rotation” in 2015 that includes newcomer Max Scherzer along with Jordan Zimmermann, Stephen Strasburg, Doug Fister, and Gio Gonzalez.
Jan 19, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
The Brewers and Rangers are reviewing medical records. Assuming there are no red flags, Yovani Gallardo will head to Texas.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 22
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 138
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (138)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)