Jul 11, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
More than a month after going on the disabled list with a left finger injury, Carlos Gonzalez returns to the Rockies lineup for Friday’s game against the Twins.
Jul 11, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Mets’ Single-A affiliate, located in St. Lucie, Florida, knows just what to do with the LeBron James jerseys Heat fans no longer want.
Jul 6, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Rubby De La Rosa is expected to return to the big leagues to make a start for the Red Sox on Wednesday, when they will take on the White Sox.
Jul 6, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
Two Mets minor leaguers were arrested for drag racing in Kingsport, Tennessee on Friday.
Jul 6, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Mike Morin and Hank Conger did a reenactment of sorts of the famous Pete Rose/Bob Boone play from the 1980 World Series.
Jul 6, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Alfonso Soriano, now 38 years old, may consider retirement after being designated for assignment by the Yankees on Sunday.
Jul 6, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
Two of ten snubbed players are on the Final Vote list. Fans can help vote them onto the roster until 4 PM ET on Thursday.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Jeff Samardzija pitched well and got a win — only his third of the season — in his debut with the Athletics.
Jul 6, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The umpires appeared to miss a call on Saturday night when the Blue Jays took on the Athletics, and they appeared to compound the problem by upholding their incorrect call after replay review. Jose Bautista wasn’t happy about it.
Jul 6, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Reds may have to live without Joey Votto for at least a couple weeks as the first baseman may be headed back to the 15-day disabled list with a strained left quad.
Jul 5, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
The Pirates added some minor league infield depth, claiming Dean Anna off of waivers from the Yankees on Saturday.
Jul 5, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
The Blue Jays made a slight change in reserve outfield depth, picking up Cole Gillespie off of waivers from the Mariners and designating Kenny Wilson for assignment.
Jul 5, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
The Braves signed a familiar face on Saturday, agreeing to a minor league deal with reliever Kameron Loe.
Jul 5, 2014, 10:32 PM EST
Edwin Encarnacion was in considerable pain after beating out a ground ball double play to score a run. The Blue Jays are referring to it as right quadriceps soreness.
Jul 5, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
The Tigers — Justin Verlander specifically — have booted the Athletics out of the ALDS in each of the last two seasons in heart-breaking Game Fives. That’s why Verlander thinks that the A’s had them in mind when they acquired Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel from the Cubs on Friday.
Jul 5, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
The A’s did a bit of roster maneuvering in the wake of Friday’s Jeff Samardzija/Jason Hammel trade.
Jul 5, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
Yoenis Cespedes and Yasiel Puig are your current leaders in turning a poor play into an amazing play (1).
Jul 5, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
In the face of trade rumors, Troy Tulowitzki says he doesn’t want to be Todd Helton — a guy who spent a majority of his career playing on teams that weren’t very competitive.
Jul 5, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Rich Hill walked three batters and allowed a single to the only four batters he faced as a member of the Angels. He was designated for assignment on Saturday.
Jul 5, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Andrew Heaney allowed 15 runs in his first 20 2/3 innings in the major leagues. The Marlins optioned him back to Triple-A New Orleans, but Heaney should be back soon enough.
Jul 5, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Ryan Braun suffered from back spasms in Saturday’s game against the Reds and left before taking the field in the bottom of the second inning.
Jul 5, 2014, 12:10 AM EST
Carlos Gomez wants to participate in the Home Run Derby, so he had Ryan Braun talk to Troy Tulowitzki on his behalf.
Jul 4, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Carl Crawford will begin a minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Albuquerque on Saturday.
Jul 4, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
If the Red Sox want to keep Jon Lester around, they’ll have to pick up contract talks when the season is over as the lefty considers them to be distracting during the season.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (267)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)