Aug 23, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Jacob Turner will start on Wednesday, taking over Edwin Jackson’s spot in the Cubs’ starting rotation.
Aug 23, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
Saturday’s match-up between the Rays and Blue Jays pits Jeremy Hellickson against Mark Buehrle, who are very dissimilar.
Aug 23, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Outfielder Nate Schierholtz is expected to join the Nationals in time for Saturday afternoon’s game against the Giants.
Aug 23, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Xander Bogaerts was hit in the head by a Felix Hernandez pitch on Friday night, but the rookie says he is fine. He is not in Saturday afternoon’s lineup.
Aug 22, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Garrett Richards had surgery to repair a torn patellar tendon in his left knee, meaning he’ll be out between six and nine months.
Aug 22, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The frustrating blackout restrictions could come to an end as early as 2015, according to Maury Brown of Forbes.
Aug 22, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Felix Hernandez has struck out 200-plus batters in each of the last six seasons, something no other starting pitcher will have done when the season is over.
Aug 22, 2014, 9:17 PM EDT
Mike Minor is on point in Cincinnati against the Reds on Friday night.
Aug 22, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
The Giants don’t have any plans to move Buster Posey out from behind the plate just yet, even though his numbers are much better as a first baseman.
Aug 22, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
The Dodgers’ Triple-A affiliate will reportedly move from Albuquerque, New Mexico to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma for the 2015 season.
Aug 22, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Kyle Lohse was dealing with a sore right ankle, but is expected to rejoin the Brewers’ rotation on Monday to start against the Padres.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
Manny Machado’s season is likely over, as he is expected to undergo season-ending knee surgery within a week, according to a report.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
According to Peter Gammons, the Orioles and Yankees are “claiming everyone” on waivers, which will make it difficult for the Angels to improve their starting rotation after losing Garrett Richards.
Aug 18, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
Fresh off of the disabled list, Michael Cuddyer became the first player to hit for the cycle this season in the second game of Sunday’s double-header against the Reds.
Aug 17, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Matthew McConaughey was at Fenway Park, so he did what anyone else would do: espouse the virtues of fanny packs in a live TV interview.
Aug 17, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter broke a 2-2 tie in the ninth inning last night and was cheered for at Tropicana Field, which rubbed Rays manager Joe Maddon the wrong way.
Aug 17, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Aroldis Chapman delivered an uncharacteristic performance on Sunday, allowing the Rockies to stage a five-run ninth inning and walk off against the Reds in the first game of Sunday’s double-header.
Aug 17, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez should be able to return to the Dodgers from the disabled list when he’s first eligible on August 24.
Aug 17, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez has been preparing for the 2015 season by working out at the University of Miami and at UCLA in Los Angeles.
Aug 17, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Kyle Kendrick stormed off the mound following a frustrating sixth inning on Saturday. He apologized for showing up manager Ryne Sandberg.
Aug 17, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Mike Scioscia was critical of outfielder Josh Hamilton after a three-strikeout performance on Saturday, following Friday’s four-strikeout performance.
Aug 16, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
White Sox pitching prospect Carlos Rodon will make his debut with Triple-A Charlotte on Tuesday.
Aug 16, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
The Braves signed Donnie Murphy to a minor league deal on Saturday.
Aug 16, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
The Cubs’ youth movement continues, as outfield prospect Matt Szczur is reportedly headed to the big leagues on Sunday.
Aug 16, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Phillies GM Ruben Amaro thinks oft-injured veteran outfielder Grady Sizemore could be a part of the team’s rebuilding effort.
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 129
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (130)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)