Aug 10, 2014, 12:42 AM EDT
The Dodgers acquired starter Kevin Correia from the Twins for a player to be named later.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Pedro Alvarez seems to be okay with potentially moving across the diamond to first base. He has taken fielding practice there over the last two days.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:18 PM EDT
Trevor May made his major league debut in a start against the Athletics on Saturday night, but it ended much sooner than he had hoped.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:03 PM EDT
Garrett Richards is working on something special against the Red Sox in his Saturday night start at home.
Aug 9, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
Brad Penny made his first start since September 25, 2011. The Marlins starter went five innings and picked up the win against the Reds on Saturday.
Aug 9, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
After releasing him at the end of July, the Yankees signed infielder Scott Sizemore to a minor league deal on Saturday.
Aug 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Adam Eaton is back on the disabled list with an oblique injury.
Aug 9, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Nationals outfield prospect Michael Taylor is expected to join the team in Atlanta tomorrow, a result of some recent injuries to the club’s outfielders.
Aug 9, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
The Phillies honored former manager Charlie Manuel by inducting him into the Phillies Wall of Fame prior to Saturday night’s game against the Mets.
Aug 9, 2014, 7:46 PM EDT
Orioles catcher Caleb Joseph has homered in five consecutive games. If he does it again tomorrow, he’ll tie the major league record.
Aug 9, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Seemingly always injured, Hanley Ramirez is out of Saturday’s lineup after experiencing tightness in his right side prior to Friday’s game against the Brewers.
Aug 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Joe Nathan blew his seventh save on Saturday afternoon, but manager Brad Ausmus gave his closer a vote of confidence.
Aug 8, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
Nick Swisher’s play at first base this year hasn’t impressed Indians GM Chris Antonelli, who suggested on Friday that Swisher could move back to the outfield next season.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
The Chris Young experiment in Queens is over, as the Mets designated the outfielder for assignment on Friday night.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Bartolo Colon joined the 200-win club with a strong performance against the Phillies on Friday night.
Aug 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
It might be tough for the Marlins to lock up Giancarlo Stanton, according to Jon Heyman’s report.
Aug 8, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
George Springer suffered a minor setback in a minor league rehab game earlier this week, and the Astros will reevaluate him over the weekend.
Aug 8, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
Derek Jeter keeps on making history. He tied Honus Wagner for sixth on baseball’s all-time hits list with his 3,430th hit on Friday night against the Indians.
Aug 8, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
The Pirates will wait a few extra days, if necessary, before deciding if they’ll place outfielder Andrew McCutchen on the disabled list.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
The Dodgers placed Josh Beckett on the 15-day disabled list due to hip and groin injuries.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:09 PM EDT
Brandon Belt’s tough summer continues, as the Giants have placed him back on the 7-day concussion disabled list.
Aug 3, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Phillies brought back Tony Gwynn, Jr. on a minor league deal on Sunday.
Aug 3, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Some potentially uplifting news for the Yankees: Masahiro Tanaka could play catch if given clearance by a doctor tomorrow. The pitcher hasn’t pitched in a month due to a right elbow injury.
Aug 3, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Phillies catching prospect Tommy Joseph will undergo season-ending wrist surgery, more bad news for a floundering Phillies franchise.
Aug 3, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Angel Pagan is inching closer to returning to the Giants. He’ll play in a pair of rehab games before the Giants make an official decision.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (354)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)