May 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Nelson Cruz blasted his 16th home run of the season on Sunday against the Indians to become baseball’s current home run leader.
May 25, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Blue Jays held the American League’s best offense to five runs in a three-game series sweep. Are they for real?
May 24, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
Carlos Gonzalez has been out since leaving Wednesday’s game against the Giants in the eighth inning. He says he’ll be back in the lineup for the Rockies on Sunday.
May 24, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Matt Cain has been trying to avoid a stint on the DL after a mild strain of his hamstring, but he may not be able to make Monday’s start against the Cubs.
May 24, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
Taijuan Walker will begin a rehab assignment on Wednesday. If things go well, he could join the Mariners’ rotation in early June.
May 24, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
The Red Sox haven’t been enjoying the last week and a half of baseball.
May 24, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
A beer vendor unwittingly made a web gem during Saturday’s Dodgers-Phillies game.
May 24, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
R.A. Dickey held the Athletics to two runs over 8 1/3 innings with the Rogers Centre roof open for the first time this season. Dickey didn’t want to talk about it.
May 24, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Coco Crisp is developing a game in which you catch baseballs in his hair. He wants some help coming up with a name for it.
May 24, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
Corey Kluber was magnificant in Saturday afternoon’s start against the Orioles. He deserves a little bit of press for what he’s done this season.
May 24, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Carlos Gomez enjoys batting cleanup and aims to stay there going forward.
May 23, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Ryan Braun, dealing with an oblique injury, could return to the Brewers’ lineup on Saturday.
May 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Jayson Werth’s numbers are good, but not quite where they have been in previous years. Has he been unlucky?
May 23, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
The Rockies may be without Nolan Arenado for a while.
May 23, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Yasiel Puig plays the game to have fun. That’s what he’s supposed to do, right?
May 23, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton hit another baseball very far.
May 23, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Yovani Gallardo’s next start, scheduled for Sunday, is in doubt, especially now that Jimmy Nelson has been scratched from Friday night’s start at Triple-A.
May 23, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Esmil Rogers posted a 6.97 ERA for the Blue Jays out of the bullpen, so they designated him for assignment to make room for Liam Hendriks.
May 23, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Mired in offensive turmoil, Justin Maxwell will try to figure things out at Triple-A Omaha.
May 18, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
It’s official: Hyun-Jin Ryu will return from the disabled list and start on Wednesday against the Mets.
May 18, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The Rockies needed a little help from the second base umpire, but they turned a triple play in the third inning on Sunday against the Padres.
May 18, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
The Athletics have a +95 run differential after Sunday’s 13-3 victory over the Indians. There’s no other team in baseball even close to them in that department.
May 18, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
The Tigers’ right-hander, off to a fantastic start in his first eight starts, will get some extra rest and start on Saturday instead of Thursday.
May 18, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Marcus Stroman struggled in his first taste of major league competition. The Blue Jays sent him back to Triple-A Buffalo.
May 18, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
More injury news for the Rangers. It’s becoming an epidemic.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)